WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I need to replace my house... in another state.

Technically, I need a house first. Just ballin' in a 1BR apt these days. Still doesn't change the fact that you can walk into a place like Target, Bed Bath and Beyond and go..." I could use A,B,C at home..." 😉

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I think I've settled on just getting a Nexus 5 and holding onto my 925 for now. I'll wait until the 930 gets cheap and consolidate and use that instead. Android is still decent enough for me to get some things done, so I'll use that in the week and the WP as my weekend phone...not that I'll have any weekends anyways come the fall...😅

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Hey MIA, I wanted to answer you but it says your private storage is full, might be an iOS Safari bug though ;-)

I am having a blast with my girlfriend, calming down from some issues.

And just as a general remark regarding the thread: I installed Windows 8 the moment the final was available for developers and I have been using it since. I still think it's crap. Windows 8.1 is much better, I'm still looking forward to the start menu being brought back.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Hey MIA, I wanted to answer you but it says your private storage is full, might be an iOS Safari bug though ;-)

And just as a general remark regarding the thread: I installed Windows 8 the moment the final was available for developers and I have been using it since. I still think it's crap. Windows 8.1 is much better, I'm still looking forward to the start menu being brought back.

Good to see you back. Yup, my inbox is full so I'll boot up the T100 now to clear it.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Today was a good day so far.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

Not for me :(. Someone wanted to log in my Google account from Argentina. Luckily Google prevented it and now I changed password so I should be safe.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Not for me :(. Someone wanted to log in my Google account from Argentina. Luckily Google prevented it and now I changed password so I should be safe.

Glad to hear that worked out. One of Gmail accounts was hacked and the minute that happened I went to Outlook and signed up.

My favorite scammers to read about are the Nigerian ones. I saw an an ABC special where they tracked one from upstate NY to Switzerland to Nigeria. Very very interesting stuff indeed.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It's a bit cooler today. Thankfully.

Went for a bit of country driving yesterday. I'll post some pics later.

Glad to see Chregu back!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'll agree that W8 needs some work. I have used it well though and in the right circumstances performs great. I honestly don't miss the start button but I can understand people wanting the option.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Glad to hear that worked out. One of Gmail accounts was hacked and the minute that happened I went to Outlook and signed up.

My favorite scammers to read about are the Nigerian ones. I saw an an ABC special where they tracked one from upstate NY to Switzerland to Nigeria. Very very interesting stuff indeed.

This was happening while I was sleeping because of time zones. I changed the password right away when I woke up.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It's a bit cooler today. Thankfully.

Went for a bit of country driving yesterday. I'll post some pics later.

Glad to see Chregu back!

Surprised to see you pop in on a Sunday. And here I thought I had to go Sahib and post like crazy, talking about different topics on a quiet spell...

I still may do that, but now if I choose not to, it's cool.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Anyone else see this lame letter by Mr Elop?

https://www.linkedin.com/today/post...tter?trk=tod-home-art-list-large_0&_mSplash=1

You know it's bad when it's posted on LinkedIn.

If this is the real deal, it goes to show you how much work needs to happen at Microsoft. With all this negativity and siloed nature of their production teams, I'm surprised that they had any successes after all.

I'm not sure how I should feel about them as a consumer. I always had some indifference but now I'm leaning towards being sad as this is the way they do business.

kmji1957

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site

Surprised to see you pop in on a Sunday. And here I thought I had to go Sahib and post like crazy, talking about different topics on a quiet spell...

I still may do that, but now if I choose not to, it's cool.

Speaking about Sahib, where is he?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'll agree that W8 needs some work. I have used it well though and in the right circumstances performs great. I honestly don't miss the start button but I can understand people wanting the option.

I've got mixed feelings about Windows 8.

Microsoft was right - RT was best for tablets that most consumers use. What they should have done was having observed what Apple did with the iPad was to have taken the Apple strategy of tablets + phone as one and PCs as separate for now, while they tried to go one code for all. Instead, they went the PCs + tablets as one, phone as the other and doomed RT to fail with that ****** naming strategy.

I like full Windows on my T100. Problem is that the Metro side apps are huge ***, and the OS itself is huge. I barely have anything on the tablet and I'm down to 4GB free HD space. And I have the 64GB version. For me, full Windows tablets should be from the $600 price point up and anything under that should have been Windows Phone. Otherwise, there should be no 32GB tablets, when the OS out of the box eats half that space.

Little things like that and seeing how siloed MSFT is makes me think they have a great shot of being an also ran if Nadella cannot iron things out in the next two years.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium