WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'll give my 8X to my mother in autumn. It works the same as her Lumia and I have never any issues. Also, most of the hardware was just recently replacement, it's practically a new phone.

On her Lumia the screen is often unresponsive, and the phone really didn't work anymore. My brother took out the SIM to look at the size, I guess that was the trick, however they didn't try again starting it up afterwards.

What will you use? An iPhone 6 or LG G3?

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm not sure yet, I'll wait for the iPhone 6 announcement and see then. I don't expect any surprises though.

The LG G3 is very big then...

It's a 5.5" screen. Slim bezels or not, it cannot be a small phone. If you've seen a G2, it's about the same size.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

It's a 5.5" screen. Slim bezels or not, it cannot be a small phone. If you've seen a G2, it's about the same size.

I know that, what I meant was that it feels very big to me ;-)

I am carrying the Note around for a bit and see if I get used to it...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

The LG G3 is almost one cm less wide and much lighter than the first Note. As surprising as it sounds, I guess I could feel comfortable with its size.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

The LG G3 is almost one cm less wide and much lighter than the first Note. As surprising as it sounds, I guess I could feel comfortable with its size.

It's really not that big. I didn't have any problem holding it in my hand.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Just wanted to check how long it will take me to drive from one place to the other. Usually I do that with iPad nut I didn't have it here.

Here Maps: It found the places but it calculated a route that takes three hours. It couldn't be right.

gMaps Pro: I couldn't choose two points with this app without GPS.

Mobile Google Maps homepage: Slow, awkward to use, but with 1 hour 10 minutes at least accurate.

Yeah, time to move on ;-)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Just wanted to check how long it will take me to drive from one place to the other. Usually I do that with iPad nut I didn't have it here.

Here Maps: It found the places but it calculated a route that takes three hours. It couldn't be right.

gMaps Pro: I couldn't choose two points with this app without GPS.

Mobile Google Maps homepage: Slow, awkward to use, but with 1 hour 10 minutes at least accurate.

Yeah, time to move on ;-)

Here maps is usually OK but it does do some silly things. Where I live it has this tendency to take us through the town centre because it thinks it's somehow quicker when there is more efficient ways. It's not really a very intelligent GPS.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

You usually have to start navigation to show right time and distance. No idea why.

I was just watchin Super RTL and there was commercial for app Ahmad at the and was available for iOS, Android and... also WP :) I think it's the first time a saw available in WPStore on TV.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Awesome 🙆 pics :) Which phone 📞 did you use?

Those were taken with my L920. It's a very pretty area called The Surrey Hills. They also refer to it as a place of outstanding beauty.

The house that's in the picture is not ours. :p We are members of both the National Trust and English Heritage. The house is from the 1600s. Several famous people have lived or visited there. One who is considered a great scientist, Charles Darwin. His sister and her husband lived there and he visited often. His experiment with earthworms was conducted there and the information he collected is still used today.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Also, I'd like to point out to Chregu that he won't be driving on those types of roads when he visits here. It's mostly motorways. Though Bath roads are fun.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Also, I'd like to point out to Chregu that he won't be driving on those types of roads when he visits here. It's mostly motorways. Though Bath roads are fun.

The route I was looking at is all motorway except the last little part. Here Maps just felt like sending me into the hills after half the distance, and even though I like a nice scenery I don't want to lose two hours looking at it.

It might be that Here Maps just adapted to Microsoft's general speed.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I just had to run through the heaviest rain storm I have ever experienced to catch my train.

Two minutes run without shelter, entirely soaked through the rain coat.

It was amazing to look at though.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Those were taken with my L920. It's a very pretty area called The Surrey Hills. They also refer to it as a place of outstanding beauty.

The house that's in the picture is not ours. :p We are members of both the National Trust and English Heritage. The house is from the 1600s. Several famous people have lived or visited there. One who is considered a great scientist, Charles Darwin. His sister and her husband lived there and he visited often. His experiment with earthworms was conducted there and the information he collected is still used today.

Darwin? You gotta be kidding me. That blasphemous jerk with the intellect of the earthworms he did his sick experiments on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte