WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Those were taken with my L920. It's a very pretty area called The Surrey Hills. They also refer to it as a place of outstanding beauty.

The house that's in the picture is not ours. :p We are members of both the National Trust and English Heritage. The house is from the 1600s. Several famous people have lived or visited there. One who is considered a great scientist, Charles Darwin. His sister and her husband lived there and he visited often. His experiment with earthworms was conducted there and the information he collected is still used today.

Love those pics. Reminds me of my first trip in December back to Jamaica when I went, 920 in tow clicking all over the place. Remember some of the Androids people drool over may not take shots as nice as these...

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I made a video of the storm with my 8X, at the same time it's the first time I uploaded a video to Youtube ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B3v5KNFOYI&feature=youtu.be

Looks intense.

I could instantly tell it was a HTC by that damn overstaturation in how the software made the shot look. Glad you got out of that weather...for the record, you don't want to be in a hurricane. That's no fun.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Looks intense.

I could instantly tell it was a HTC by that damn overstaturation in how the software made the shot look. Glad you got out of that weather...for the record, you don't want to be in a hurricane. That's no fun.

Yeah, I preferably stay with rainstorms. Heavy rain, some wind, that's it. All in good fun.

So here's the plan: I'll try to check out the LG3 some time during next week. If I like it I'll order it. There's just no phone store very near. Let's see.

Edit: Wait, wait, wait, I just read about terrible user reviews and heavy problems with the device. Also the screen seems just to be a gimmick, no I'm not sure anymore... why is buying a phone so hard? ;-)

Kazashimo

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

Hey, I'm going to have a house built soon. Any ideas for a unique design? I'm looking at about 1000 square feet.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Hey, I'm going to have a house built soon. Any ideas for a unique design? I'm looking at about 1000 square feet.

Depending on where you live and your budget I'd rather go for well established solutions that don't make problems than a fancy new construction you have to put thousands of dollars in to keep your rooms dry. I have seen sad things in this regard.

Of course, if you don't have to care about money you can do the most amazing things, as you then can have people with the right know-how to build it, and the money to maintain it.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

For the record, I've never been a fan of Michael Jackson, but I have to admit.. this is pretty fvcking amazing!

And today is the 45th anniversary of the "moonwalk" (the real "moonwalk", where Neil Armstrong took "one giant step for mankind"...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I preferably stay with rainstorms. Heavy rain, some wind, that's it. All in good fun.

So here's the plan: I'll try to check out the LG3 some time during next week. If I like it I'll order it. There's just no phone store very near. Let's see.

Edit: Wait, wait, wait, I just read about terrible user reviews and heavy problems with the device. Also the screen seems just to be a gimmick, no I'm not sure anymore... why is buying a phone so hard? ;-)

Sigh. As much as i don't mind watching your agonizing with your new phone itch, you waffle like this as my as my GF does whenever I ask her to take the lead and plan an outing for the two of us..Sigh...

If i were to suggest anything, you're better off just trying out the G3 out and then waiting for the new iPhone. If you cannot hang tight for two months, then I'm not sure what else to say. If you dislike the new iPhone maybe the G3 is cheaper at that point...

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm still tired. I should be jealous of the GF who is packing to go with her family to Myrtle Beach in the morning. But she's deserved her vacation. Hopefully she has enough fun for the two of us.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
20% of the world is like me: left-handed. It is amazing to see how much we bust kids' chops about great penmanship and yet as an adult we do hardly any physical writing. I remember how my aunt who passed sent me to classes for penmanship as a child. What clicked for me was staring to write in script and emulating parts of a writing style of a family member.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The worst part about cooking in a small kitchen is the amount of clean up needed afterwards, especially since I typically make two dishes simultaneously.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I still enjoy using my 8X. I'm not sure if I want to update to 8.1 as yet. I may wait to see what MSFT does with GDR1.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well, now that my project has ended, I'm going to test drive Cyan on my 925 to see what all the fuss is about.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Boy, there is nothing to watch on TV these days. Sometimes I wonder why I pay for cable but I clam up and remember that there ate still a few channels I like to watch...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

This Tuesday will make exactly one year since BP opened up this challenge thread. 77k+ posts in one year is mind blowing. And to think when BP was around more he read every post...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well, good night folks. I wanted to make 12 straight posts and this was #12 by my count. Gonna swap sims out from my 8X to the 925.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon