WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Under settings, on HERE maps, you probably have toll routes turned off. I mentioned that the bridge has a toll on it and by default I think toll roads are turned off.

I checked that. I did again, there's no such setting under"Settings" in my version of the app.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I don't feel any movie is worth an extra $5 for 3D. The local cinema charges $9 for a regular ticket, but the 3D tickets are $14, which I think is too pricey.

Most of all because I think it offers only discomfort with the glasses, at least for me, the 3D effect wears off after 10 minutes.

I see it as a terrible rip-off.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I don't feel any movie is worth an extra $5 for 3D. The local cinema charges $9 for a regular ticket, but the 3D tickets are $14, which I think is too pricey.

don't forget about the popcorn and soda ._. way to much if that is put into consideration

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Most of all because I think it offers only discomfort with the glasses, at least for me, the 3D effect wears off after 10 minutes.

I see it as a terrible rip-off.
I wear contacts, so the glasses for 3D movies aren't uncomfortable. I just cannot see the benefit for the extra costs. I'd rather spend the $5 on popcorn.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

dang it there is a cat meowing outside my apartment door and i feel bad for it:( but if i give the cat something the cat wont leave

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I wear contacts, so the glasses for 3D movies aren't uncomfortable. I just cannot see the benefit for the extra costs. I'd rather spend the $5 on popcorn.

I wear normal glasses and the 3D glasses over it. More of a problem is that you have to buy the glasses in Switzerland, spontaneous movie going is gone because of that, you always have to bring these stupid glasses or it will cost you.

I just don't see the benefits of 3D, except for the movie industry that milks us with it.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I wear normal glasses and the 3D glasses over it. More of a problem is that you have to buy the glasses in Switzerland, spontaneous movie going is gone because of that, you always have to bring these stupid glasses or it will cost you.

I just don't see the benefits of 3D, except for the movie industry that milks us with it.
Here in the US, the 3D glasses are handed out with tickets in a sealed package. The glasses are recycled afterward, and there are bins to place the glasses in upon exit.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I checked that. I did again, there's no such setting under"Settings" in my version of the app.

Try-

When you first enter the app -

Slide up -> tap the cog wheel -> tap route settings. It should be in there.

One of the things that drives me nuts about HERE maps is that things are buried and not very intuitive. That and the GPS doesn't turn on automatically.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Try-

When you first enter the app -

Slide up -> tap the cog wheel -> tap route settings. It should be in there.

One of the things that drives me nuts about HERE maps is that things are buried and not very intuitive. That and the GPS doesn't turn on automatically.

I don't find it, could it be missing in the non-Nokia app? I don't see a cog wheel anywhere.

Doesn't matter much though. There are roads next to the motorway, Here Maps still sends me into the hills...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Here's some screenshots to show what I meant.

This is what I get when I start the app.

wp_ss_20140721_0002[1].png

This is the screen when I slide up on that screen from the bottom

wp_ss_20140721_0003[1].png

Settings

wp_ss_20140721_0004[1].png

Route Settings

wp_ss_20140721_0005[1].png

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

My late father was lefthanded, and his cursive was impeccable.

My mother is righthanded, and her cursive resembles that of a doctor (illegible).

My hand writing is atrocious. It's partially due to my rushing. I can actually write well but I just can't be bothered. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I enjoyed the new Planet of the Apes movie I saw at cinema Saturday night.

My parents stood in a line longer than a city block to see the original movie in 1968 on opening night.

I saw Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Saturday night on TV.

My issue with the these movies is not so much the story or how things happen, it's the stupid title. We're already living on 'planet of the apes'. :p i.e.: Humans. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It's the same here in the UK that you have to buy them then either remember to bring them to the next 3D movie or you can recycle them.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I write better when I use a fountain pen.

Yes, I collect fountain pens, both vintage and current.

I do calligraphy or I should say, I used to do calligraphy. With a fountain pen you need to take your time otherwise you make a mess out of things.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaviSmalle