WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I saw Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Saturday night on TV.

My issue with the these movies is not so much the story or how things happen, it's the stupid title. We're already living on 'planet of the apes'. :p i.e.: Humans. :p

The apes are more interesting than the humans in the new movie.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

It's the same here in the UK that you have to buy them then either remember to bring them to the next 3D movie or you can recycle them.

We don't get a price break here. We still pay $5 more per ticket even if we have our own 3D glasses. ☹

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I do calligraphy or I should say, I used to do calligraphy. With a fountain pen you need to take your time otherwise you make a mess out of things.

My favourite fountain pens are lever fill or piston fill. I.e., an ink bottle is required.

I don't care for ink cartridges. I go completely 'old school' with my fountain pens. Most of my pens have 14k or 18k nibs. I prefer medium or fine nibs.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

My favourite fountain pens are lever fill or piston fill. I.e., an ink bottle is required.

I don't care for ink cartridges. I go completely 'old school' with my fountain pens. Most of my pens have 14k or 18k nibs. I prefer medium or fine nibs.

It's been a while for me. I used the ink cartridges and even the markers as they were less messy. I wasn't that old school I have to admit.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Oh, the 3D movie is still more expensive! LOL! We pay for the glasses on top of that which you then own or can recycle.

I wouldn't mind buying the 3D glasses and bringing them to the cinema if I got a price discount on tickets. Paying $5 more per ticket whether I use my own 3D glasses or borrow the ones from the cinema is a rip-off.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't find it, could it be missing in the non-Nokia app? I don't see a cog wheel anywhere.

Doesn't matter much though. There are roads next to the motorway, Here Maps still sends me into the hills...

It would appear I got confused. :/

I did directions on my phone via maps and it seemed to work. Bit odd that yours is sending you off somewhere.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I wouldn't mind buying the 3D glasses and bringing them to the cinema if I got a price discount on tickets. Paying $5 more per ticket whether I use my own 3D glasses or borrow the ones from the cinema is a rip-off.

I checked the prices. It's about ?3 more per ticket here plus the glasses I think the glasses are ?1 or possibly ?2.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Beside fountain pens, I also like railroad standard pocket watches.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Here in the US, the 3D glasses are handed out with tickets in a sealed package. The glasses are recycled afterward, and there are bins to place the glasses in upon exit.

It was like that here too in the beginning. They then probably thought they can make more money if they sell the glasses every time as they get lost or forgotten anyway.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Here's some screenshots to show what I meant.

This is what I get when I start the app.

This is the screen when I slide up on that screen from the bottom

Settings

Route Settings

That must be Here Drive and not Here Maps, certainly it's not the app I have on my 8X :-(

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I guess I got confused. Weird that HERE maps would avoid tolls. Maybe they link preferences?

I still think it's bad calculating and not avoiding tolls. Google Maps recommends this route:

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...wyORzEcT1nF_hTqmg&oq=la+sauge&t=h&mra=ls&z=11

Without tolls it's this route:

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...nF_hTqmg&oq=la+sauge&t=h&dirflg=t&mra=ls&z=11

It's pretty much exactly the same, a little shorter without tolls but it calculates the time to be 30 minutes longer. Here Maps sent me up into the hills to the North for no reason whatsoever.

...except maybe the beautiful scenery.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I still think it's bad calculating and not avoiding tolls. Google Maps recommends this route:

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...wyORzEcT1nF_hTqmg&oq=la+sauge&t=h&mra=ls&z=11

Without tolls it's this route:

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...nF_hTqmg&oq=la+sauge&t=h&dirflg=t&mra=ls&z=11

It's pretty much exactly the same, a little shorter without tolls but it calculates the time to be 30 minutes longer. Here Maps sent me up into the hills to the North for no reason whatsoever.

...except maybe the beautiful scenery.

HERE drive does some weird things as well. I'm starting to think that maybe their antilogarithms are a bit messed up. Still, with just the map app it should just run the shortest route.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss