WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Want to hear another Spotify story?

Today I had to restart my phone, not because of a Spotify bug as usually, but because of a Windows Phone bug. I couldn't adjust the earphone volume anymore, it changed the number, but it stayed the same.

Windows Phone and Spotify combined make me to restart my 8X almost everyday. ;-)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I just browsed a little through the LG G3 forum over at Android Central, and there seem to be some devices with issues, but it doesn't seem too bad.

I'll have to visit a phone store to have a real comparison between the current Android devices. All the flagships are sold by my provider, so I'll go there, it's pretty near also. And they offer the Lumia 930, so I'll have this comparison too ;-)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I just browsed a little through the LG G3 forum over at Android Central, and there seem to be some devices with issues, but it doesn't seem too bad.

I'll have to visit a phone store to have a real comparison between the current Android devices. All the flagships are sold by my provider, so I'll go there, it's pretty near also. And they offer the Lumia 930, so I'll have this comparison too ;-)

Sounds like a plan. I don't think I ran across the LG G3 when I went for a wander though the phone stores on Friday. At least I don't recall seeing it.

I was startled by how much the L930 looks like the Sony phones. They're all starting to look very similar now.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

so I was away because since Thursday night I was in a bad mood till now. I didn't want to bring negativity to this thread or anyone so I ignored peeps who texted me. Friday was me being mad then I thought Saturday would be a good day because you know my family and I were invited so we went. alright so I was there standing and opining the door to people who were coming in. so there was a group of girl who came and you know I opened the door and they gave me a look of what I was doing. I was already ticked off but I didn't care a lot . then came when I sat down and it happened to be near those girls. so there this one was girl who had her food and I was already getting up so I pull the chair back so she could sit. I smiled and went to get my food. around that same time I opened the door for another girl to be nice. so I went to sit down to eat and a guy came up to me ( the father ) and essentially told me to cool it because his daughters told him I was hitting on them . I told him " oh sorry but I was just being nice" then he told me to say sorry to them. I told them sorry in front of other people who didn't know the whole story only the part of my saying sorry. I didn't dance with anyone because that happened so I just drank soda the whole wedding party

Times have changed. There was nothing wrong with what you did. The problem you ran into was that there have been many a guy who tried to hit on women by going the "super nice route" and they were never genuine. What ticked me about the story was how the dad made you apologize to them in front of other people. What that did was reinforce the idea to his daughters is that whenever a man is nice to you ( and he is not a family member) it is a sexual thing.

I don't open doors as much as I used to. I may let 1-2 women cut in front of me but I go no further than that for those reasons. There are many a women I'd like to compliment when I see passing because I genuinely like either the color or print of what they're wearing or how their hair or make up looks and I don't for those reasons. We live in cynical times, Sahib. Welcome to the jungle.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm right-handed, however I write with my left. First pen in the wrong hand kind of story. It's quite interesting in the lab as this leads to me using different hands for different tasks.

Then you're ambidextrous, not right handed.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

In the days when my mother was going to school they still forced people to write with their right hand. Usually using a ruler to whack them if they used their left. You probably already know this but another term for left handed is southpaw. A lot of the left handers I've know always were quite artistic.

I remember those days because I got the tail end of it. My folks did that at hone and I wrote so slow as a rightie they just let me be. I can write very legibly with my right hand but it is so much slower. I only go right is whenever I want to play a prank because it looks so different from my regular penmanship.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Looking forward to seeing it. The G3 appears to be a nice enough phone. I think I'll check it out after work myself.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Sounds like a plan. I don't think I ran across the LG G3 when I went for a wander though the phone stores on Friday. At least I don't recall seeing it.

I was startled by how much the L930 looks like the Sony phones. They're all starting to look very similar now.

There's only so much you can do with these candy bar shapes...just wait until MSFT goes to on screen buttons fully and they'll all look really alike...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Times have changed. There was nothing wrong with what you did. The problem you ran into was that there have been many a guy who tried to hit on women by going the "super nice route" and they were never genuine. What ticked me about the story was how the dad made you apologize to them in front of other people. What that did was reinforce the idea to his daughters is that whenever a man is nice to you ( and he is not a family member) it is a sexual thing.

That was very poor on the father's side in my opinion. Obviously over protective. Worried about his daughters going out with the wrong guy, etc. I didn't quite get the apology thing personally.

I don't open doors as much as I used to. I may let 1-2 women cut in front of me but I go no further than that for those reasons. There are many a women I'd like to compliment when I see passing because I genuinely like either the color or print of what they're wearing or how their hair or make up looks and I don't for those reasons. We live in cynical times, Sahib. Welcome to the jungle.

The issue here is that we have the problem of political correctness, harassment and feminism all making a confusing mess out of what is appropriate. Rules have changed and people are more cautious about what they say. In the wrong context you can find yourself in all sorts of trouble. I usually just keep my mouth shut but show politeness to everyone, not just women. If someone wants to take it the wrong way that's their problem. I just don't say anything to anyone about their appearance. It's just too risky.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

There's only so much you can do with these candy bar shapes...just wait until MSFT goes to on screen buttons fully and they'll all look really alike...

WP depresses me enough as it is...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Then you're ambidextrous, not right handed.

Not really, I just learned how to write with left. Everybody can do it, and after you did it for over 20 years you get pretty good at it. I'm definitely right handed, I do everything with right. In the lab I do things with left like picking colonies that need a lot of control, I think it's very similar to writing and that's the reason I do it with left.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Not really, I just learned how to write with left. Everybody can do it, and after you did it for over 20 years you get pretty good at it. I'm definitely right handed, I do everything with right. In the lab I do things with left like picking colonies that need a lot of control, I think it's very similar to writing and that's the reason I do it with left.

With the right/left hand thing. I do things with both hands some simply due to practice and others because it just felt natural.

I can write with my left as I broke my right arm when young so I didn't have much choice. I can throw with both but I'm more precise with my right. I'm left handed in hockey and right in baseball. Right with golf.

I wouldn't consider myself completely ambidextrous as I tend to use the right hand more than the left.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I don't think I would have apologized in Shaib's position. That would probably not have ended nicely.

However I don't think that this would have been a problem anyway with the families my family socialized with.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I just posted on a thread that I might get flamed on. Hmmm....

Shame on you for having a different opinion! You don't know anything! Windows Phone is the best, and nothing is better and soon everybody will know it and buy it and make Microsoft rich!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't think I would have apologized in Shaib's position. That would probably not have ended nicely.

However I don't think that this would have been a problem anyway with the families my family socialized with.

He was at a wedding and it would appear sitting at a table with people he didn't know for whatever reason. In the circumstances I would told the father to **** off, in a nice way. Explaining that I was just being polite and not hitting on them and no apology was necessary.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Shame on you for having a different opinion! You don't know anything! Windows Phone is the best, and nothing is better and soon everybody will know it and buy it and make Microsoft rich!

Thanks for the warm up. :p

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

He was at a wedding and it would appear sitting at a table with people he didn't know for whatever reason. In the circumstances I would told the father to **** off, in a nice way. Explaining that I was just being polite and not hitting on them and no apology was necessary.

That I would do nowadays, back then it could have been that I told this guy to **** off in not such a nice way while blushing deeply from anger and frustration ;-)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss