WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I bought a Windows phone because I like that it has a creativity element, something which nobody has done before-flat UI, live tiles instead of static icons, in fact, completely different from any OS I've seen before. I would award full marks to MS for creativity. Only a truly brainy person could have come up with such a concept. Now Apple and Google ate also trying to copy MS by removing reflections, and making the UI flatter. Even the IOS 7 task manager and calling screen looks very much like the WP version. I also like the concept of hubs, which is again something very different and not tried before by anyone else. Windows Phone is something original and creative, not something that is a refined Symbian look alike made for touch screens(IOS 7 and Android).

Um, MS stole the Hub concept from iOS... Including the restrictive nature. MS was pretty much trying to capture the iOS crowd. It was trying to directly compete with Apple, not Android. Failing that they have since realised that low-end hardware and emerging markets are the only people interested in their stuff mostly due to Nokia. They came close to losing that market until they fixed their SD card mess up and also instigated the explorer option, which people are still unhappy with.

Anyway, the whole 'uniqueness' is slowly being drained away from WP and we'll soon have a flat tile interface with no live tiles because everyone couldn't understand the live tile thing and wanted a notification centre instead.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

General and unrelated question about the forum: Is there a way to hide a person's posts?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

General and unrelated question about the forum: Is there a way to hide a person's posts?

There is an ignore list in the settings on the forum. Not sure if that's just for contacting you or not.

I thought he was planning on ignoring you. Apparently not. :p

Best to let it slide. No point getting worked up over nothing. :)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

There is an ignore list in the settings on the forum. Not sure if that's just for contacting you or not.

I thought he was planning on ignoring you. Apparently not. :p

Best to let it slide. No point getting worked up over nothing. :)

I just don't feel like reading these brain farts anymore. Hiding it would be the easiest solution. Well, you can't have everything, I guess my brain will have to do the job.

The ignore list works. You just add the person who's posts you don't want to see and you won't see them.

Great then!

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Um, MS stole the Hub concept from iOS... Including the restrictive nature. MS was pretty much trying to capture the iOS crowd. It was trying to directly compete with Apple, not Android. Failing that they have since realised that low-end hardware and emerging markets are the only people interested in their stuff mostly due to Nokia. They came close to losing that market until they fixed their SD card mess up and also instigated the explorer option, which people are still unhappy with.

Anyway, the whole 'uniqueness' is slowly being drained away from WP and we'll soon have a flat tile interface with no live tiles because everyone couldn't understand the live tile thing and wanted a notification centre instead.
IOS had hubs? Before WP? Please enlighten? :-o I didn't know about IOS, Android and WP till 2012 when I started looking for an upgrade from my old and trusty Nokia 3110c :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

IOS had hubs? Before WP? Please enlighten? :-o I didn't know about IOS, Android and WP till 2012 when I started looking for an upgrade from my old and trusty Nokia 3110c :p

I'm sure you can manage to find this information yourself. That's what the internet is for.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Well, I'm going directly to my dinner invitation. Can I say it like this in English?

The phones have to wait until tomorrow evening.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

My girlfriend: "Come on, buy a new phone already, imagine all the brain capacity you could free by doing so!" ;-)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well, I'm going directly to my dinner invitation. Can I say it like this in English?

The phones have to wait until tomorrow evening.

There's nothing wrong with what you said. But most people would just say - I'm off to my dinner invite. The phones can wait till tomorrow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo