WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I just hope I will be able to use metro screen in the future. I like it because of tiles, they are scraggly useful on big screen because you have them in front of you whole time.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk

I hope there is an option to disable the start menu and use the start screen ! no way in heck ill go back to an archaic start menu

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I just hope I will be able to use metro screen in the future. I like it because of tiles, they are scraggly useful on big screen because you have them in front of you whole time.

Maybe it's because I use two screens, but tiles on my desktop offer nothing to me.

They should keep the Metro stuff for people who like it and for tablets. But it's the only reasonable thing to bring back the old start menu for desktop .

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Maybe it's because I use two screens, but tiles on my desktop offer nothing to me.

They should keep the Metro stuff for people who like it and for tablets. But it's the only reasonable thing to bring back the old start menu for desktop .

yeah an option but have the start screen as default ;)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I just watched this:

LG G3 VS HTC One M8 - YouTube

His conclusion: Metal build, camera focus gimmick and speakers against great camera, 2k display and swappable battery.

Yeah, I just have to try out both of them and "feel" it. But I guess at the moment just from videos and reviews I prefer the LG3. And if it's only because of that incredible bezel.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I really don't care about the default. They could bring a little menu after first boot up that gives you the choice. With a short animation and explanation.

or that too but I knowing some people I bet they would click " next next next next"

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

or that too but I knowing some people I bet they would click " next next next next"

Okay, that's still no reason to force something of people that you do prefer ;-)

Give them the choice, it's something very important and basic, it's the decision of how to use Windows.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Okay, that's still no reason to force something of people that you do prefer ;-)

Give them the choice, it's something very important and basic, it's the decision of how to use Windows.

well its not forcing users to use it because they can still change it if they want to. its just having it set to default because one will be set as default either way. like IE its set to default but users can change it and use a different browser same with the start screen and start menu. msft can set the start screen to default and have users change it if they want too

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

True that. I think it's still better for MS that people use Windows (9) the old way than camping on Windows 7.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I just watched this:

LG G3 VS HTC One M8 - YouTube

His conclusion: Metal build, camera focus gimmick and speakers against great camera, 2k display and swappable battery.

Yeah, I just have to try out both of them and "feel" it. But I guess at the moment just from videos and reviews I prefer the LG3. And if it's only because of that incredible bezel.

I don't think the focus is a gimmick because it works on fast focusing

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I don't think the focus is a gimmick because it works on fast focusing

I meant the second HTC One M8 camera that allows "refocusing" after a picture was taken. It's something people might enjoy to play with, but I don't see any practical use in it.

The laser focus on the LG seems to be very good. The camera seems to be very good in general!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I meant the second HTC One M8 camera that allows "refocusing" after a picture was taken. It's something people might enjoy to play with, but I don't see any practical use in it.

The laser focus on the LG seems to be very good. The camera seems to be very good in general!

oh duh sahib....... in that part I agree :) the second camera on the HTC is a gimmick

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

You should retire your avatar. ;-)

I'm off to bed. Looking forward to trying out some phones tomorrow. (I already see me rooting the LG G3 in spring because they might not offer an update to Android L...)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I just played with the G3. O.M.G. I would instantly buy this. The first thing I'd do is put Nokia's Z launcher on it and go to town.

This is the phone to get if you want a Swiss Army Knife. If you're a serious power user. Where you're making an investment and aren't put off by the size.

Now, I like the M8. G3 has a better camera for sure. M8 is a similar size, just narrower and heavier. Music wise, better with those speakers. If I was a power junkie wanting a workhorse, I'd get a G3. Wow. I'm seriously impressed.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I just played with the G3. O.M.G. I would instantly buy this. The first thing I'd do is put Nokia's Z launcher on it and go to town.

This is the phone to get if you want a Swiss Army Knife. If you're a serious power user. Where you're making an investment and aren't put off by the size.

Now, I like the M8. G3 has a better camera for sure. M8 is a similar size, just narrower and heavier. Music wise, better with those speakers. If I was a power junkie wanting a workhorse, I'd get a G3. Wow. I'm seriously impressed.

​You just want me to buy this phone that I finally shut up ;-)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

As for me, I'd love to go to a Moto X +1 and a 930. Nano SIM. I like the feel of the Moto X and of course would throw the Nokia Z launcher on it and the Android L keypad. I may just try out the Nexus 5 and get a Moto X when I go to nanoSIM.

Still, that G3 is mighty impressive.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

​You just want me to buy this phone that I finally shut up ;-)

Nope. Was just genuinely sharing my impressions. If I didn't have a Z Ultra I'd buy this. It's a pity I still want a smaller footprint device though.

But man, this is impressive.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You should retire your avatar. ;-)

I'm off to bed. Looking forward to trying out some phones tomorrow. (I already see me rooting the LG G3 in spring because they might not offer an update to Android L...)

LG will update it. They're not Sony /Motorolla speed, but maybe quicker than Samsung.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
WPC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Well, I am really looking forward to look at this phone.

For now I'll catch some sleep. Have a good time everybody.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz