WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Well, if there are no new phones come autumn then I think WP will have problems.

This year has been very poor in the phone department for WP. Yes lots of things have happened but when your last in a three horse race the last thing you do is give people a reason not be interested.

No phones no interest.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Well, if there are no new phones come autumn then I think WP will have problems.

This year has been very poor in the phone department for WP. Yes lots of things have happened but when your last in a three horse race the last thing you do is give people a reason not be interested.

No phones no interest.

well the "830" could still come. sure im putting hopes on a rumored device which is a no no but still its something that could happen

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

It's raining here. I don't feel like moving at all. I could sit here, wait until the rain stops and then go the the phone store. Then I could go to the store I usually order my devices from and buy it directly.

But I won't, important experiments today ;-)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

It's raining here. I don't feel like moving at all. I could sit here, wait until the rain stops and then go the the phone store. Then I could go to the store I usually order my devices from and buy it directly.

But I won't, important experiments today ;-)

you know this is a perfect time to say a deep quote about rain :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Normally my morning commute is rather boring. Today someone on the train seemed to go into some sort of shock or started to choke. Not sure which. Caused a bit of commotion. My stop was next so no idea what's happened. It's stopped the train at the station and I'm guessing an ambulance is on the way.

The sounds that came out of the guy made it sound like he just up and died. I was quite happy that he didn't.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Well, I just went (through the rain) to the phone store near me.

It was very inconclusive. I had a look at the HTC One M8, the Sony Xperia Z2, the Lumia 930, and the LG G3.

HTC One M8: It's very beautiful and the big bezels don't really bother me when I have it in my hand. The big concern here: Camera.

Sony Xperia Z2: It still doesn't get me excited, it's very nice though.

Lumia 930: Surprisingly, it features the build I like the most. It's a beautiful phone that is much smaller than the M8 with the same screen size. However as soon as I turned on the screen I felt overwhelmed by the tiles. It might be just this specific layout, but it looked like a mess, cluttered, unorganized, and overly busy.

LG G3: It feels of course less valuable than the M8, but I think that's only because of the direct comparison. The big problem here: It was out of battery, so I couldn't really have a look at the screen. This really was a pity. The "No battery" screen looked nice though for the two seconds I could see it ;-) Also, I actually very much like the buttons on the back.

So, I still think it's the M8 or the G3, but I don't know which one ;-) It's a shame I couldn't have a look at the screen. But I will go to the store I usually buy my devices from this evening and they might have it on display too. They have only on M8 in this store, but a lot of G3s, so I might be deciding there on the spot.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I just feel somehow that the M8 might be the safer choice. That the support is better and there are less problems. Of course there are people that would strongly disagree and say HTC support is the worst.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I just feel somehow that the M8 might be the safer choice. That the support is better and there are less problems. Of course there are people that would strongly disagree and say HTC support is the worst.

Go with what feels best for you. :) Hopefully you don't start hating Android though. :p I thought you were waiting for the new iPhone?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Go with what feels best for you. :) Hopefully you don't start hating Android though. :p I thought you were waiting for the new iPhone?

I don't think I'd be hating Android. Unless it only makes problems. I enjoyed the Galaxy S4 Mini, however I found the Samsung skin pretty ugly. Both, the M8 and the G3 have very nice skins though.

There's not much to expect from the new iPhone actually in terms of features, and as my girlfriend said: "The iPhone can do nothing that your iPad can't, except of making calls."

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Well it looks like things have been still going nicely since I was last here.

I'm pretty happy about that. :) How is everybody? :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't think I'd be hating Android. Unless it only makes problems. I enjoyed the Galaxy S4 Mini, however I found the Samsung skin pretty ugly. Both, the M8 and the G3 have very nice skins though.

There's not much to expect from the new iPhone actually in terms of features, and as my girlfriend said: "The iPhone can do nothing that your iPad can't, except of making calls."

I just read this review - Which smartphone? LG G3 vs HTC One (M8) | Stuff

Just on the camera alone I think I'd go with the G3. The ability to swap out batteries and the SD card are simply a bonus. Both have the SD card though. I'm indifferent to the quality screen on the G3. So it's mostly the camera that would make be go that direction.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel