WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Good. Some of us are debating leaving WP for a bit.

How are you?

I'm great, I'm still happy using WP, just curious, but why are you guys thinking about leaving for a bit? :)

Is it because of what Microsoft is doing to WP?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I just read this review - Which smartphone? LG G3 vs HTC One (M8) | Stuff

Just on the camera alone I think I'd go with the G3. The ability to swap out batteries and the SD card are simply a bonus. Both have the SD card though. I'm indifferent to the quality screen on the G3. So it's mostly the camera that would make be go that direction.

I have read a few comparisons, I haven't seen that one yet. At least they give a clear choice! I hope they'll have the G3 on display in the store I'll visit later.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I'm great, I'm still happy using WP, just curious, but why are you guys thinking about leaving for a bit? :)

Getting bored of WP, getting bored of the WP waiting game, no appealing hardware (well, the 930 is, but it's too expensive and too boring in its features), very bad press for Microsoft at the moment which makes it hard to believe in the product.

I'm fine, thanks for asking :)

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I have read a few comparisons, I haven't seen that one yet. At least they give a clear choice! I hope they'll have the G3 on display in the store I'll visit later.

I do like the G3 quite a bit, although i find the design weird...

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Getting bored of WP, getting bored of the WP waiting game, no appealing hardware (well, the 930 is, but it's too expensive and too boring in its features), very bad press for Microsoft at the moment which makes it hard to believe in the product.

I'm fine, thanks for asking :)

I know what bad press Microsoft has gotten, and WP hasn't got much attractive hardware, but that isn't exactly a problem for me. As well... I have a 1520. :)

You're welcome. :) good to be back on here, I'm also considering getting a Blackberry Z30, as things are looking better for Blackberry, which is great. :)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

If I had such recent hardware I would of course not think of switching either. :)

The 1520 is enormous, I think already the G3 is huge: Visual Phone Size Comparison

The 1520 is damn huge, but i can actually use it one handed, for basic stuff of course. But I'm thinking Microsoft will have some good hardware out by October-December. :) And i am thinking, as i've mentioned before getting some Blackberry hardware, but most likely not until 2016. :)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

The 1520 is damn huge, but i can actually use it one handed, for basic stuff of course. But I'm thinking Microsoft will have some good hardware out by October-December. :)

Daniel Rubino doesn't....

I honestly have no idea what Microsoft's plans are for the fall. According to a leaked internal letter first reported at the Verge, Microsoft is announcing "other high-end products…very soon." The problem is, no one knows if they are talking about Windows Phone, tablets or something else. If they are phones – which I am not convinced – we do not have any details on what those devices possess for specifications, or if they meet the rank of 'flagship' (as opposed to mid-range).

Microsoft should make a Lumia 925 successor now before it is too late | Windows Phone Central

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Is it because of what Microsoft is doing to WP?

For me, at this stage, WP just isn't cutting it. I'm willing to wait as I've already stated further back as there's nothing of interest for me on any platform. I'm giving WP until the new year.

From the information we have so far about WP is that MS plans to concentrate on the lower end. There's no new phones coming out this year, as far as we know. The OS is still immature and missing features I want. The devs haven't really done much with their apps still. They tend to be second rate. I went through this experience already with Symbian. I'm a little over it at this stage. WP still is fine but I'm getting bored now.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Saw a person with a 925 today while travelling by metro :) beautiful phone 📱. The capacitive keys are so bright though, you can see them from a distance. Classic white and metal.... Class 1 phone :) Lets see what the 935 brings to the table.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Saw a person with a 925 today while travelling by metro :) beautiful phone ��. The capacitive keys are so bright though, you can see them from a distance. Classic white and metal.... Class 1 phone :) Lets see what the 935 brings to the table.

There's no word on that phone or any other phone for that matter. We have no idea what the plans are or what the names will be. I personally hope they change their naming scheme and reduce their phone models.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

I tried making thin crust pizza since I wasn't fasting and I was hungry....I just have to say I've never eaten a rock but today I did :|

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss