WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Morning folks...without reading all the previous posts I see that Chregu is leaning towards the M8. He's such a HTC man...lol...nothing wrong with that though. One of my coworkers is like that. Her last 3 models were the Rezound, 8X, and M7.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

im still deciding to either get the tmobile one or the unbranded one. im mostly on 2g 90% of the time so Ill be ok with the unbraded one. though when there is coverage I want to use LTE or at least fast HSPA+. for sure the 925 is on my list

I have both, so I can tell you the difference. In a high coverage area like NYC, the international model is still a bit slower because it doesn't have the AWS brands. You'll still get H+ speeds where if you're not a speed junkie can be just fine. I like the unbranded model I have because I've got cyan already.

It's a principle thing in this case. If you can get a cheap t-mobile one, go for it and stay enrolled in the developer preview and use that for as long as the 925 is eligible. Otherwise, the unbranded one gives you good enough speeds and the freedom to know that you're not held by the balls by t-mobile for official updates.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I guess everywhere :| what's the trick? :D

Well, I don't know entirely what you did but you simply just use less yeast so it doesn't rise as much. You still need to let it rise if you want a nice crust though. Adding some olive oil also helps keep the dough down and makes it softer.

Another note, mix the salt and flour together then add the yeast and water. Even if you use fast acting yeast, putting it in the water first doesn't hurt.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

Well, I don't know entirely what you did but you simply just use less yeast so it doesn't rise as much. You still need to let it rise if you want a nice crust though. Adding some olive oil also helps keep the dough down and makes it softer.

I put yeast too much :|

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I put yeast too much :|

But you said it was a rock, so meaning hard?

Another note, mix the salt and flour together then add the yeast and water. Even if you use fast acting yeast, putting it in the water first doesn't hurt.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I just read this review - Which smartphone? LG G3 vs HTC One (M8) | Stuff

Just on the camera alone I think I'd go with the G3. The ability to swap out batteries and the SD card are simply a bonus. Both have the SD card though. I'm indifferent to the quality screen on the G3. So it's mostly the camera that would make be go that direction.

It boils down to what you want the camera to do and how you plan to use the pictures afterwards. M8 is a typical HTC camera - good enough for causal shots and posting to social sites like WPCentral. Chregu has gotten some nice shots from his 8X in the past and should be able to get similar shots from a M8. Now if you're the this pe to crop and do post production, this is where HTC's camera isn't as good. The G3 gives you more to work with. Personally, I like the Sense skin better as even though the Optimus UI has gone with the flatter look, it is still kinda busy looking. That's why I said if I got a G3, I'd change the launcher instantly. I like the screen because for my eyes I like the cooler look because it is easier for me to read in the dark and for longer periods. I love the buttons on the back because it makes you realize that on an Android phone you really don't use those buttons as much.

Hopefully Chre gets a chance to see the screen for himself. Even though at this point I wouldn't buy one, simply because I'm already committed to my Z Ultra (that's the only reason), if I was in the market for 1 phone, I'd get this and maybe keep my 925. The hardware really, really nice and impressed me.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

But you said it was a rock, so meaning hard?

yes it was hard!
I mixed yeast and sugar with warm water and then mixed the flour with salt and then mixed both of them together :/

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It boils down to what you want the camera to do and how you plan to use the pictures afterwards. M8 is a typical HTC camera - good enough for causal shots and posting to social sites like WPCentral. Chregu has gotten some nice shots from his 8X in the past and should be able to get similar shots from a M8. Now if you're the this pe to crop and do post production, this is where HTC's camera isn't as good. The G3 gives you more to work with. Personally, I like the Sense skin better as even though the Optimus UI has gone with the flatter look, it is still kinda busy looking. That's why I said if I got a G3, I'd change the launcher instantly. I like the screen because for my eyes I like the cooler look because it is easier for me to read in the dark and for longer periods. I love the buttons on the back because it makes you realize that on an Android phone you really don't use those buttons as much.

Hopefully Chre gets a chance to see the screen for himself. Even though at this point I wouldn't buy one, simply because I'm already committed to my Z Ultra (that's the only reason), if I was in the market for 1 phone, I'd get this and maybe keep my 925. The hardware really, really nice and impressed me.

For me a decent camera is what I want. I don't need something too flashy as I don't take that many pictures but I want good quality. I want the option of what I do with them afterwards. I won't be printing them in most cases but I still want something of decent quality. That's where the M8 falls down for me.

On style alone I'd get the M8 though. It's a nice looking phone. If it had the better camera it would be my top consideration at this stage of things but since I'm looking early next year maybe something better will come along. :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

yes it was hard!
I mixed yeast and sugar with warm water and then mixed the flour with salt and then mixed both of them together :/

Was the water warm or hot? Too hot and the yeast dies. Did you let it rise at all? Was it instant yeast, fresh or regular?

What did you use to mix it? How long did you mix it for?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Not sure what I think about the animated lock screen. Considering how bad my battery is the last thing I need is more things to drain it.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks...without reading all the previous posts I see that Chregu is leaning towards the M8. He's such a HTC man...lol...nothing wrong with that though. One of my coworkers is like that. Her last 3 models were the Rezound, 8X, and M7.

I think I'm leaning towards the G3, I just have to see this screen in action first, that's my guess at least ;-)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Not sure what I think about the animated lock screen. Considering how bad my battery is the last thing I need is more things to drain it.

They need an independent app developer making this app for them. That already says a lot about the poor state Microsoft is in...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb