WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

You need Lumia cyan treatment. :)

Yes, I hope to get Cyan before the end of the year. Hopefully it helps my battery some. Saying that however, I do own a L920. They're not known for their great batteries but I do know some who have great batteries. Mine might need replacing but not sure I can be bothered.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

Was the water warm or hot? Too hot and the yeast dies. Did you let it rise at all? Was it instant yeast, fresh or regular?

What did you use to mix it? How long did you mix it for?

Warm.... Instant yeast i left it for an hour or so

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

MSFTisMIA, can you use the Z Ultra with one hand?

Yup. I one hand it pretty well because of my large enough mitts; most times I flip it in landscape and go two handed. Most times whenever I want to type quickly I flip the phone in landscape no matter the screen size.

That's why this update to the WPCentral app that took away the autorotation pisses me off on my 925 (which I am using today).

Still, I could use the G3 one handed a lot more comfortably because of the curve on the back. While not as pronounced as on the M8, it makes holding it a positive difference. Sony was the first OEM to do the curve...it was the Greenheart in 2006, I think. They called it the "Human Curvature".

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

For me a decent camera is what I want. I don't need something too flashy as I don't take that many pictures but I want good quality. I want the option of what I do with them afterwards. I won't be printing them in most cases but I still want something of decent quality. That's where the M8 falls down for me.

On style alone I'd get the M8 though. It's a nice looking phone. If it had the better camera it would be my top consideration at this stage of things but since I'm looking early next year maybe something better will come along. :)

The M8's got swag not doubt. It is that right now I trust Nokia for my cellphone photography needs.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Depends on how much you want to spend and what features you particularly want. They're not all equal. Just saying a manufacturer is not a way to answer.

Ibid. For example, Acer and Asus have great hardware if you're balling on a budget and know how to maximize their offerings. Some may pick Apple because, they like Apple. Dell still sells, along with HP.

This also applies to cell phones as well. It is about the right mix and compromise. For me, I use two OSes because one just doesn't offer all that works for me.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I must say I like the Moto X. My issue with it is like the LG G series, it is the same phone overall but the radios are too carrier specific. I'm at a point where my top two features are battery life and camera. I'll give the Nexus 5 a shot but I can see myself if I go to nanoSIM going for a Moto X+1 and a 930.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Well, coffee break made me a few hundred Swiss Francs poorer, and one LG G3 (32 GB, 3GB) richer.

I'm still at the lab though, will be another few hours until I can play with it. I'm actually not so sure about my decision yet ;-)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss