WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Covered with cling (plastic) wrap? Should be in a warm place (yes I know). :p

What did you use to mix? Hand or machine?

Machine......the kitchen is like 38C how much more warmth do you need :O i covered it with a wet cloth as my mother said!

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Well, coffee break made me a few hundred Swiss Francs poorer, and one LG G3 (32 GB, 3GB) richer.

I'm still at the lab though, will be another few hours until I can play with it. I'm actually not so sure about my decision yet ;-)

Congrats :D Hope it won't lag too much ;).

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Machine......the kitchen is like 38C how much more warmth do you need :O i covered it with a wet cloth as my mother said!

Maybe you partially cooked it at that heat. :p I suggest using plastic wrap over a cloth. It works a lot better. Don't put too much extra flour on top when you go to rise or do any forming.

The only thing I can think of is that you didn't mix it long enough. The dough should have been elastic that way you know the gluten has been formed. Without that you don't get a good rise or a soft dough. Also, the longer you let dough rise more nutrients form in the dough, which is good for you and makes the end product taste better. All this goes for bread dough as well by the way as pizza dough is basically bread.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well, coffee break made me a few hundred Swiss Francs poorer, and one LG G3 (32 GB, 3GB) richer.

I'm still at the lab though, will be another few hours until I can play with it. I'm actually not so sure about my decision yet ;-)

I await your review! Also take some pics and post them. I'm really curious.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

My WP lags more than my Android tablet. I think this whole Android lag thing is a bunch of BS personally.

If I had a US$100 build for every time I heard a variation of the following phrases I would be a full time MSW student more comfortably:

"Android has lag"; "Android is fragmented".

Android mid range and high end haven't had lag in them since ICS. OEM skins cause lag and most have gotten less GPU intensive. People need to get off Apple's pole when they use those phrases because it was Apple who coined the lag and fragmentation arguments.

I had a Nexus 4 and I tell you that thing can fly. That's a S4pro processor (same as most WPs).

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well, I'm curious to see who Chregu makes out with his G3. I wonder if he will still post here if he likes the phone?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Yes, yes, yes, we made the experiment work! Now I really can look forward to my boss coming back from holidays, he will like these results very much!

That's actually better than a new phone ;-)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Well, I'm curious to see who Chregu makes out with his G3. I wonder if he will still post here if he likes the phone?

I'll still be using Windows 8 and Office, also all the Microsoft services like OneDrive, of course I'll keep on ******** about Microsoft :p

And who else would tell you lab news?

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

I wonder if any of the next Planet of the Apes movies will have bigfoot in them. That would be so cool to see!

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
My WP lags more than my Android tablet. I think this whole Android lag thing is a bunch of BS personally.
No way! :) Android lags like hell on Moto g with the latest 4.4.4 update on it. A family member of mine bought one, and was surprised at how smooth my 620 is than her phone. I only imagine a 920 will be a lot smoother than mine with a 60hz screen and 1 Gb ram...We have 3 Android devices in the family(2 Samsung's and a Micromax) and are either on 4.0/4.1.2. No kitkat yet....or ever. All of them lag. But again,this is only my personal experience.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

No way! :) Android lags like hell on Moto g with the latest 4.4.4 update on it. A family member of mine bought one, and was surprised at how smooth my 620 is than her phone. I only imagine a 920 will be a lot smoother than mine with a 60hz screen and 1 Gb ram...We have 3 Android devices in the family(2 Samsung's and a Micromax) and are either on 4.0/4.1.2. No kitkat yet....or ever. All of them lag. But again,this is only my personal experience.

With Android, you need high specs to run it well. I think that's why they announced Android One.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Curious, why did you get the G3 over something else, like the M8? I'm getting the M8 (WP hasn't released a good upgrade over my 920 so I'm switching, but Daniel said the 925 should have a successor), but if you got something to back the G3, I'll look into it. :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

When I actually try to do anything on my phone, especially when I come out of lockscreen with an app running I'm always getting 'Resuming....' I never get that on my tablet. Ever.

Some apps take forever to load. My data connection keeps dropping. I'm constantly having to perform soft resets and I won't go into the four to five times I've hard reset, the first causing me to send in my month old phone to Nokia Care. My battery is atrocious and forget about using GPS or Skype or even TapTalk as they all drain my battery and my phone would be dead in less than two hours and boiling hot.

This is why I'm fed up. That's not even getting into the lack of apps or the couple of features that I wanted (supposedly coming) that never showed up. So why should I stick around? Because it's got Live tiles that more devs will soon ignore? Big woop! Has Hubs? Oh wait, they're pretty much gone. What else? Lockscreen? Who cares? Office? Mediocre.

Give me a reason to stick with WP.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Well it's not BS. Although only phone I can say for sure it lags is Samsung Galaxy S5. Had it for 14 days and it lagged. From returning to home screen, opening camera from lock screen or simply unlocking, phone lagged. I know it's Samsung's fault because of TouchWiz but none phone is immune to lag. As far as I heard LG G3 can also lag, main reason could be the screen which uses quit lot of power.
As far as I heard from people on Slovene Android Forum this would be the list of flagships from those wit least lag to those wit most.
Best: LG Nexus 5 and HTC ONE M8
Middle: LG G3
last: Samsung Galaxy S5

But I'm not saying WP doesn't lag, it does, just mine not so much as Galaxy S5 ;). Even iPhone 5S lags. The one who says their phone don't lag is either laying out is blind, no matter which OS he uses.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well it's not BS. Although only phone I can say for sure it lags is Samsung Galaxy S5. Had it for 14 days and it lagged. From returning to home screen, opening camera from lock screen or simply unlocking, phone lagged. I know it's Samsung's fault because of TouchWiz but none phone is immune to lag. As far as I heard LG G3 can also lag, main reason could be the screen which uses quit lot of power.
As far as I heard from people on Slovene Android Forum this would be the list of flagships from those wit least lag to those wit most.
Best: LG Nexus 5 and HTC ONE M8
Middle: LG G3
last: Samsung Galaxy S5

But I'm not saying WP doesn't lag, it does, just mine not so much as Galaxy S5 ;). Even iPhone 5S lags. The one who says their phone don't lag is either laying out is blind, no matter which OS he uses.

Samsungs are all known to lag. Their launcher is horrible. All mobile phones lag whether people believe it or not. Most cover it with animations.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Curious, why did you get the G3 over something else, like the M8? I'm getting the M8 (WP hasn't released a good upgrade over my 920 so I'm switching, but Daniel said the 925 should have a successor), but if you got something to back the G3, I'll look into it. :)

The G3 had the better camera and nicer screen. That's pretty much it. I would pick the G3 over the M8 for that reason too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss