WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

When I actually try to do anything on my phone, especially when I come out of lockscreen with an app running I'm always getting 'Resuming....' I never get that on my tablet. Ever.

Some apps take forever to load. My data connection keeps dropping. I'm constantly having to perform soft resets and I won't go into the four to five times I've hard reset, the first causing me to send in my month old phone to Nokia Care. My battery is atrocious and forget about using GPS or Skype or even TapTalk as they all drain my battery and my phone would be dead in less than two hours and boiling hot.

This is why I'm fed up. That's not even getting into the lack of apps or the couple of features that I wanted (supposedly coming) that never showed up. So why should I stick around? Because it's got Live tiles that more devs will soon ignore? Big woop! Has Hubs? Oh wait, they're pretty much gone. What else? Lockscreen? Who cares? Office? Mediocre.

Give me a reason to stick with WP.

In Australia this is known as a dummy spit. :p Usually phrased, 'Did you have to spit the dummy like that?' or 'Nice dummy spit mate', Think of a baby throwing fit and spitting it's dummy (pacifier, teething thing) out and you get the picture.

However, whether that was a dummy spit or not you can see my frustration. Not being able to use your phone for a mere 4-6 hours without a charge doing the most basics of tasks is simply not acceptable.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Curious, why did you get the G3 over something else, like the M8? I'm getting the M8 (WP hasn't released a good upgrade over my 920 so I'm switching, but Daniel said the 925 should have a successor), but if you got something to back the G3, I'll look into it. :)

Better camera, more versatile device.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'll still be using Windows 8 and Office, also all the Microsoft services like OneDrive, of course I'll keep on ******** about Microsoft :p

And who else would tell you lab news?

I do like MS Office for Android on my Z Ultra. On a big screen device like that, it has been a treat to use. Syncs to my Onedrive very well too. On a big screen like a G3, it is a treat.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

When I actually try to do anything on my phone, especially when I come out of lockscreen with an app running I'm always getting 'Resuming....' I never get that on my tablet. Ever.

Some apps take forever to load. My data connection keeps dropping. I'm constantly having to perform soft resets and I won't go into the four to five times I've hard reset, the first causing me to send in my month old phone to Nokia Care. My battery is atrocious and forget about using GPS or Skype or even TapTalk as they all drain my battery and my phone would be dead in less than two hours and boiling hot.

This is why I'm fed up. That's not even getting into the lack of apps or the couple of features that I wanted (supposedly coming) that never showed up. So why should I stick around? Because it's got Live tiles that more devs will soon ignore? Big woop! Has Hubs? Oh wait, they're pretty much gone. What else? Lockscreen? Who cares? Office? Mediocre.

Give me a reason to stick with WP.
I think you are one of the unlucky few who unfortunately got a defective handset :) No such issues on my cell though.
By the way what are the couple of features you wanted and are coming? :curious:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
No way! :) Android lags like hell on Moto g with the latest 4.4.4 update on it. A family member of mine bought one, and was surprised at how smooth my 620 is than her phone. I only imagine a 920 will be a lot smoother than mine with a 60hz screen and 1 Gb ram...We have 3 Android devices in the family(2 Samsung's and a Micromax) and are either on 4.0/4.1.2. No kitkat yet....or ever. All of them lag. But again,this is only my personal experience.

Dude, we are talking about high end Android and you bring up a Moto G as to say "Yes! Android lags!"? That is wack sauce.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I do like MS Office for Android on my Z Ultra. On a big screen device like that, it has been a treat to use. Syncs to my Onedrive very well too. On a big screen like a G3, it is a treat.

I did a search on Google Play and didn't see MS Office on there. Do you have to download it from somewhere else?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I did a search on Google Play and didn't see MS Office on there. Do you have to download it from somewhere else?

I had to dig to get the apk, but I have it and I love it. It isn't in the play store because MSFT and Google still don't play nice. If you want to try it I can send you the APK when I get home.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I think you are one of the unlucky few who unfortunately got a defective handset :) No such issues on my cell though.
By the way what are the couple of features you wanted and are coming? :curious:

Were coming. They haven't showed up yet. They were supposedly coming in GDR3 and in WP8.1. Didn't happen in either.

I wanted reply with documents in email. A very important feature for me and anyone else who usually does business using their phone. It's one of the reasons why WP keeps failing to impress there.

That was the main one. There were others but I can't remember them.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I had to dig to get the apk, but I have it and I love it. It isn't in the play store because MSFT and Google still don't play nice. If you want to try it I can send you the APK when I get home.

I have Office 365. Is it available for download there? Otherwise, yes I'll have that. :)

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Dude, we are talking about high end Android and you bring up a Moto G as to say "Yes! Android lags!"? That is wack sauce.
So a Moto g with 1gb ram and a quad core processor should lag,should it? Does that mean Android runs smoothly only on 2gb ram and an 8 core processor? If so, Android is not an OS at all, if it doesn't run smoothly on 512 Mb ram and requires ram greater than a desktop OS which runs with 512mb ram smoothly :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So a Moto g with 1gb ram and a quad core processor should lag,should it? Does that mean Android runs smoothly only on 2gb ram and an 8 core processor? If so, Android is not an OS at all, if it doesn't run smoothly on 512 Mb ram and requires ram greater than a desktop OS which runs with 512mb ram smoothly :p

Look, we get your in love with WP. Just enjoy you phone. We'll enjoy whatever we get. We're just mostly discussing not having flame wars.

If WP works for you, great. It doesn't work for everyone. No phone is perfect. No OS is perfect. As for 512MB devices, great but I hope they vanish soon.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Look, we get your in love with WP. Just enjoy you phone. We'll enjoy whatever we get. We're just mostly discussing not having flame wars.

If WP works for you, great. It doesn't work for everyone. No phone is perfect. No OS is perfect. As for 512MB devices, great but I hope they vanish soon.
I was just proving a point :) I was also discussing,not fighting :p

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

though it does seem that overall android seems to be the inefficient OS in terms of battery life.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

so much phone talk......:p

My Android device has 3 GB RAM....

Well, everything is well documented. Now I have to clean up my bench, get some apples and something to eat for dinner, and then I can finally play around with my new phone ;-)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb