WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Hasn't anybody noticed that Nokia is downgrading their naming scheme?! The 630 actually a successor to the 520, and the 530 is the successor to a non existent 420. Obviously MS wouldn't want a 400 series Lumia line. :| They want to make cheaper and more affordable Lumias.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'm just stating a valid point. You can't expect to get the features of a Ferrari at the price of a Toyota. :p

But, Microsoft has halved the storage, removed the auto focus for a fixed focus, made the phone almost 2mm thicker and lowered the video recording resolution, It's most likely gonna sell better than the 630 the 630 should've gotten 1GB of RAM...

And if they don't discontinue the 520, the 520 has a good chance of outselling it's predecessor!

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

But, Microsoft has halved the storage, removed the auto focus for a fixed focus, made the phone almost 2mm thicker and lowered the video recording resolution, It's most likely gonna sell better than the 630 the 630 should've gotten 1GB of RAM...

And if they don't discontinue the 520, the 520 has a good chance of outselling it's predecessor!
They also added a snapdragon 200 1.2Ghz quad core processor, which for a device priced at 7000inr is a killer feature. The 630 and 530 are both budget devices. The Lumia 730 will be a midrange device. If it doesn't have 512mb ram, your complaint wil be completely valid.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Of course not, it's not about that. It's more that I want to keep the phone secure in general. I might be a little paranoid coming from Windows Phone. I don't want to open doors for other stuff. And if it's even only my mind.

I get your concern. Here is the thing though, once you install the app, you'll get updates for it from the Play Store directly. And after you side load it, you check back the option of installing apps from secured sources.

If you change your mind within the next hour, let me know as I'm still home. Otherwise, I'll send it to you whenever you're ready.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I looked up some stuff on my 8X after I was using the G3 for a while, and it already seemed so small in comparison ;-)

Would be interesting, I think I would already miss a lot of functions like quick settings or the tap gestures.

It will be interesting whether LG will offer an update to Android L. I hope so, however I could also easily live with the current version. At least as long as it doesn't fragment the app experience.

They'll update the G3 to Android L. They have to, so no worries for you there.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm just stating a valid point. You can't expect to get the features of a Ferrari at the price of a Toyota. :p

Um, what planet are you on? You do realise the difference in price between 512MB and 1GB is around $3 right? We're not talking Toyota vs Ferrari. We're talking small Toyota vs a bigger Toyota. It's still a Toyota. If you were to say 2GB or 3GB then I'd agree with you a bit more but it still wouldn't be a Ferrari.

The whole 512MB device thing has to go if WP wants to be successful and they had the chance to do it. Guess they're more interested in other things. Not selling products.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Um, what planet are you on? You do realise the difference in price between 512MB and 1GB is around $3 right? We're not talking Toyota vs Ferrari. We're talking small Toyota vs a bigger Toyota. It's still a Toyota. If you were to say 2GB or 3GB then I'd agree with you a bit more but it still wouldn't be a Ferrari.

The whole 512MB device thing has to go if WP wants to be successful and they had the chance to do it. Guess they're more interested in other things. Not selling products.
Where is it written that the difference is $3? Also ram is one of the differentiating factors to buying a phone. If the 530 and 630 had 1 gb ram, fewer people would buy the high end phones. Show me a phone for the 530s price that has 1 gb ram and from an international brand. (Not Moto e, google is selling that at a loss, this will change when it is sold to Lenovo.)

Also when Apple can charge $100 extra for a 64 gb iPhone, wherein the cost for that extra memory is only $9, why not MS? :p

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

It's not that bad phone, it would be great replacement for father's LG Optimus L3, but it's missing Led flash for flashlight. And fixed focus ? Really Microsoft ?
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

It's not that bad phone, it would be great replacement for father's LG Optimus L3, but it's missing Led flash for flashlight. And fixed focus ? Really Microsoft ?
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk
When we are getting something dirt cheap, we cant really complain.....

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I don't have a problem with the 530. I actually played with a 635 when I went in the T-Mobile store though and liked the feel in hand...it reminded me of the Nexus 5. I didn't like the fact that the on screen buttons was a dn black strip that did nothing visually but take away screen real estate and leave a big *** button bezel. Maybe they should make the screen larger or just have the onscreen buttons be transparent like Android. Personally, they've got work to do in that area. The 635 seemed very zippy because of the quad cores.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

They also added a snapdragon 200 1.2Ghz quad core processor, which for a device priced at 7000inr is a killer feature. The 630 and 530 are both budget devices. The Lumia 730 will be a midrange device. If it doesn't have 512mb ram, your complaint wil be completely valid.

No real point having a better and faster processor, the Adreno 305 is better than the 302, Sure you get a quad core processor, at the cost of a slightly weaker GPU...

Again, not to mention the camera, storage, lower video quality and the same resolution screen...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

My phone is running 5 h 42 minutes. It's still at 79 % battery. I have used it for Whatsapp, listened to some Spotify, have showed it around, played around with the WiFi (finally VPN!), location is on (on my 8X I always turned it off), the step tracker is running.

So far it looks pretty good. If it brings me through a day without a problem that's as good a battery as I'd ever want.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99