WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

My phone is running 5 h 42 minutes. It's still at 79 % battery. I have used it for Whatsapp, listened to some Spotify, have showed it around, played around with the WiFi (finally VPN!), location is on (on my 8X I always turned it off), the step tracker is running.

So far it looks pretty good. If it brings me through a day without a problem that's as good a battery as I'd ever want.

So wait, did you get a G3? or did you get the One M8?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

So wait, did you get a G3? or did you get the One M8?

I decided to buy the G3. And I don't regret it. That huge high resolution screen combined with the small bezel is just amazing to look at. And it actually feels very good in the hand without the direct comparison of the metal M8. Also, the UI skin is beautiful and runs very well.

So far I don't have any heating or other issues. I hope it stays that way :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

MSFT is scrapping the Asha + Nokia X line with devices like the 530. That's why I won't hate on it. I dont mind that...what I do care about too is WTF they're gonna do for the mid range and high end.

I must say though I am surely tempted by the Moto X as a daily driver. There was a special going on for $325 for the developer edition or the regular 32GB model and I was tempted to get it. If I didn't have a lead on a Nexus 5, I'd have pulled the trigger.

I still cannot believe the Z Ultra is falling in price at the retailer I use. Now it is under $350, including shipping. For value that blows away both the Moto X and Nexus 5...

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

MSFT is scrapping the Asha + Nokia X line with devices like the 530. That's why I won't hate on it. I dont mind that...what I do care about too is WTF they're gonna do for the mid range and high end.

I must say though I am surely tempted by the Moto X as a daily driver. There was a special going on for $325 for the developer edition or the regular 32GB model and I was tempted to get it. If I didn't have a lead on a Nexus 5, I'd have pulled the trigger.

I still cannot believe the Z Ultra is falling in price at the retailer I use. Now it is under $350, including shipping. For value that blows away both the Moto X and Nexus 5...

I don't even want to know what the G3 costs in a few months. I just won't look it up and close my eyes when I see it somewhere ;-)

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I decided to buy the G3. And I don't regret it. That huge high resolution screen combined with the small bezel is just amazing to look at. And it actually feels very good in the hand without the direct comparison of the metal M8. Also, the UI skin is beautiful and runs very well.

So far I don't have any heating or other issues. I hope it stays that way :)

I kind of expect that from LG, i do like LG's phones and TV's. My brand of choice for a new Android phone (If i was to get one) is gonna be ether Sony or LG. :)

How is the camera?

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I have a mild hatred for Motorola after they've launched the E, G and X at ripoff prices down here...

The E is a 520/530 competitor, here you can get the Moto E for $190 or you can get a 520 for $100...

On eBay you can get the 16GB Moto G for $210 and the Moto X here launched at $549! Good thing now it's about $398...

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

I don't even want to know what the G3 costs in a few months. I just won't look it up and close my eyes when I see it somewhere ;-)
Don't worry, I do the same with the 1020 I skipped out on ;)

*sobs quietly due to not getting one for just $30 more than a 630*

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Don't worry, I do the same with the 1020 I skipped out on ;)

*sobs quietly due to not getting one for just $30 more than a 630*

Would 3DS friend codes work with a Wii U? I'm thinking about getting one for numerous reasons, (My friend is getting one, There are lots of games i want to get for it, and the Wii U gamepad is very interesting...)

Then again, I am also getting an Xbox One... :D

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Wait a moment, I thought all of us here experienced the rip-off prices Nokia phones normally launch at!

For instance, someone I know bought an E72 at launch only to have it drop to half the price a few weeks later...

The only (recent) Nokia phone that really held its price was the 720.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Would 3DS friend codes work with a Wii U? I'm thinking about getting one for numerous reasons, (My friend is getting one, There are lots of games i want to get for it, and the Wii U gamepad is very interesting...)

Then again, I am also getting an Xbox One... :D
As far as I know, they don't. That's the rationale for me putting the NNID for everyone to see.

They may work, though. I'll just have to check.

(By the way, if you live in a PAL region like Australia, prepare to be shafted or pay through the nose.)

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

As far as I know, they don't. That's the rationale for me putting the NNID for everyone to see.

They may work, though. I'll just have to check.

(By the way, if you live in a PAL region like Australia, prepare to be shafted or pay through the nose.)

Pay through the nose for a Wii U console or the games? :)

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Wait a moment, I thought all of us here experienced the rip-off prices Nokia phones normally launch at!

For instance, someone I know bought an E72 at launch only to have it drop to half the price a few weeks later...

The only (recent) Nokia phone that really held its price was the 720.

Yeah, I payed a lot for a 1520, and now you can buy it for just under half of what i payed 8 months ago...

I still am quite happy with my 1520 though. :)

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Pay through the nose for a Wii U console or the games? :)
Generally, you'll only be shafted if you go 3DS-only, since third-parties can't be bothered to go through the localization process.

As for the Wii U, you'll pay a slight premium for the games, since Nintendo does a superb job at handling localization (ex-Japan-only exclusive, since they still haven't figured out that we want Mother 3 or the new Fatal Frame! /rant).

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, I payed a lot for a 1520, and now you can buy it for just under half of what i payed 8 months ago...

I still am quite happy with my 1520 though. :)
Glad that you're happy with your 1520!

I'm sure the people who paid 70+% less than you at the same did, too!

* sobs *

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Because they need to if they want to be taken seriously as a company, or be cause they have to due to some Google demand?

I can tell you really have been out of the loop with Android. 😊

LG high end has gotten very good since they launched the G series (including the G pro). Mid range had always been their strength, and t-mo loves them because that L90 and L70 sells. Updates wise, they've got good. They will update your G3 to L. While they're not sony/Moto fast with the updates, they're now as fast as HTC. Samsung is now the slow poke in the update realms.

You're good man, seriously. Love the paranoia, but you're good. Seriously. 😉

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

If you are the type who doesn't care for the new adopter feel, it is cool to wait. I always do, hence why I get a year's use out of my phones. Most of my phones I've bought a few months to a year after launch. I cannot buy full price early adopter constantly or I'd be homeless...

Ultimately you buy a phone when you buy a phone. I bought my Z Ultra for $530, after a few months of price watching (goes to show how Sony overpriced their ****). Now it is $350 with shipping. Could I have waited until now? Yes, but I didn't and it doesn't change how I feel about the phone. Those are the breaks sometimes...

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

I can tell you really have been out of the loop with Android. 😊

LG high end has gotten very good since they launched the G series (including the G pro). Mid range had always been their strength, and t-mo loves them because that L90 and L70 sells. Updates wise, they've got good. They will update your G3 to L. While they're not sony/Moto fast with the updates, they're now as fast as HTC. Samsung is now the slow poke in the update realms.

You're good man, seriously. Love the paranoia, but you're good. Seriously. 😉
Sums up my thoughts.

Now divided between HTC and LG on who is my favorite Android OEM. LG keeps reading my mind lately (impressive battery lives, tap-to-wake functionality) , let's see if the trend continues.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I have a mild hatred for Motorola after they've launched the E, G and X at ripoff prices down here...

The E is a 520/530 competitor, here you can get the Moto E for $190 or you can get a 520 for $100...

On eBay you can get the 16GB Moto G for $210 and the Moto X here launched at $549! Good thing now it's about $398...

Chregu will tell you the Nexus 5 is probably overpriced in his market. Some markets get screwed like that sadly...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss