WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Oh, I know why it's a slow day! Today Microsoft hasn't announced anything leading to bad press yet, and we have gotten so used to it by now.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Oh, I know why it's a slow day! Today Microsoft hasn't announced anything leading to bad press yet, and we have gotten so used to it by now.

That's the Chregu attitude we've grown to know and love!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

That's the Chregu attitude we've grown to know and love!

Sometimes I just can't help myself. To be honest, I think Microsoft is righting a lot of stuff at the moment. Bringing the Xbox One back to focus, streamlining the hardware business, focusing on the strengths like Windows, Office and cloud.

I think Office is great, I can't say anything against it, cloud is amazing, and with Windows being brought back to a OS usable for businesses while integrating the mobile operation systems and Xbox into one big OS family is a great step.

Still, I have always a hard time when a company is laying off thousands of employes while announcing a multibillion income.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

With all these heating issues I'm still amazed that my G3 hasn't even felt warm so far.

I guess I have to download a 3D game, this resolution combined with demanding graphics will like heat the phone up. Something for tonight to kill the battery, people say the battery should be entirely empty once that the phone can adjust to the real battery levels.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

With all these heating issues I'm still amazed that my G3 hasn't even felt warm so far.

I guess I have to download a 3D game, this resolution combined with demanding graphics will like heat the phone up. Something for tonight to kill the battery, people say the battery should be entirely empty once that the phone can adjust to the real battery levels.

That's incorrect actually. With the type of batteries in phones this is not necessary. They batteries are set up in a certain way that they don't actually empty all the way unless the phone is left for several months, in which case the battery may not work. That's why there's a charge on your phone when you get it. These types of batteries like to be charged up. They're not supposed to hold a memory but apparently they do to some extent.

They're designed to work better after a few cycles charge and discharge. But not fully discharged.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

That's incorrect actually. With the type of batteries in phones this is not necessary. They batteries are set up in a certain way that they don't actually empty all the way unless the phone is left for several months, in which case the battery may not work. That's why there's a charge on your phone when you get it. These types of batteries like to be charged up. They're not supposed to hold a memory but apparently they do to some extent.

They're designed to work better after a few cycles charge and discharge. But not fully discharged.

I thought those are two different things.

Memory effect and all that is history (however the battery becomes a little less efficient with every charge, leading to a noticeable effect after months/years). But it could be that "the software needs to get to know the battery first" is only an urban... an internet myth.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

My phone heats up just surfing the net on 3G. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I thought those are two different things.

Memory effect and all that is history (however the battery becomes a little less efficient with every charge, leading to a noticeable effect after months/years). But it could be that "the software needs to get to know the battery first" is only an urban... an internet myth.

The discharge thing had to do with the memory effect.

Debunking Battery Life Myths for Mobile Phones, Tablets, and Laptops

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Can you try Google Earth? Open it and use a street view for some time. This was the only thing that was able to heat galaxy S5 noticeable after 5 or 10 minutes. Test it and let us know ;).

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I was referring to this here:

There’s only one problem that shallow discharges can cause. Laptops can get a bit confused by shallow discharges and may show you wrong estimates for how long your device’s battery will last. Laptop manufacturers recommend you perform a full discharge about once per month to help calibrate the device’s battery time estimate.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I was referring to this here:

Not sure. The whole battery thing gets a bit confusing to be honest. That link I sent you also has a link to Battery University. It's apparently a good site for information.

I think doing proper charge/discharge cycling should do the trick. I don't think full discharge is needed but I'm not an expert. :p

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Not sure. The whole battery thing gets a bit confusing to be honest. That link I sent you also has a link to Battery University. It's apparently a good site for information.

I think doing proper charge/discharge cycling should do the trick. I don't think full discharge is needed but I'm not an expert. :p

Doesn't really matter, 4h 58 min running, 94 %. Of course with only little usage ;-)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

hey mia if you are reading this I have to say, remember that one song you showed me something about im over her or something like that ( I forget what it was called) I was thinking about it and since tomorrow is that day it happened I wanted to say it. im no longer asking questions about it or thinking it could of went differently. I accepted it and its time to say "well sahib you give it your best and it didn't work out." am I sad or mad about it anymore .... nope. do I wish the best for her yup. am I happy now .... yup. so yeah that's al I wanted to say :)

Good. Thanks for sharing and being in that place now. Now just pull out the lessons from the situation and continue moving forward.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss