WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

If it's unusable than screen is the problem here. S5 went very hot but it worked alright, until it got so hot that you couldn't hold it :D.

As a reviewer wrote: As long as the newest very demanding 3D games run fine without any lags, it's probably not the screen.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Apparently there's some issue where I'd you're running 8.1 preview it doesn't show up, but if you're on 8 then it shows up quickly.

I'm glad I told my brother not to update his 925 to the developer preview.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

You remember when all new Android phones were released with 1080p and all Windows Phone users said: "Nobody needs that on a phone, it's ridiculous, it might be good on a TV, but never on a phone!"

When Microsoft, as always very late, started to support 1080p, nobody was complaining, and no Windows Phone users laugh about iPhones with a lower resolution.

I never said they shouldn't support it. here's the thing QHD doesn't make sense on a 5.5 in phone because its a phone im not going to notice the difference between 1080 and QHD unless I get a super ultra magnifying glass and look the individual pixels . on computers and TV makes sense because its looks clearer and better on bigger TVs and monitors.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I never said they shouldn't support it. here's the thing QHD doesn't make sense on a 5.5 in phone because its a phone im not going to notice the difference between 1080 and QHD unless I get a super ultra magnifying glass and look the individual pixels . on computers and TV makes sense because its looks clearer and better on bigger TVs and monitors.

Yeah, I understand your argument. I'm only saying that people brought the same argument when the first 1080p screens were released, and now it's standard and nobody wants to go back.

Also, most reviewers say even though they only notice the difference in a direct comparison, the screen's sharpness is still amazing. And that's good enough for me, a screen I'm amazed of every time I turn it on.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I can't install Jetpack Joyride on my phone.

It demands: Device & app history, Identiy, Location, Wi-Fi connection information, Device Id & Call Information.

What the hell do they need that for?! That's crazy. With that they can practically see everything I do with my phone, have all my data and know where I am. I want Windows Phone back ;-)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, I understand your argument. I'm only saying that people brought the same argument when the first 1080p screens were released, and now it's standard and nobody wants to go back.

Also, most reviewers say even though they only notice the difference in a direct comparison, the screen's sharpness is still amazing. And that's good enough for me, a screen I'm amazed of every time I turn it on.

I understand that there is a difference between 720 and 1080 and its pretty awesome but the difference between 1080 and 1440 is the beginning of unnecessary resolution on a phone but if they starting putting UHD ( 3840x2160) Ill call it unnecessary

if its as good as you say then that's good :D.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I can't install Jetpack Joyride on my phone.

It demands: Device & app history, Identiy, Location, Wi-Fi connection information, Device Id & Call Information.

What the hell do they need that for?! That's crazy. With that they can practically see everything I do with my phone, have all my data and know where I am. I want Windows Phone back ;-)

call information o.o? wtf uhhhhhhhh

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I understand that there is a difference between 720 and 1080 and its pretty awesome but the difference between 1080 and 1440 is the beginning of unnecessary resolution on a phone but if they starting putting UHD ( 3840x2160) Ill call it unnecessary

if its as good as you say then that's good :D.

You don't see the point I'm making. But that's fine. And I will hold back on a remark about your attachment to your believes no matter what argument comes along.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I wish we had an ETA on the bitlocker update fix. As much as I hate to loose game saves... I may not be able to resist rolling back to 8.0 when I get home tonight.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I wish we had an ETA on the bitlocker update fix. As much as I hate to loose game saves... I may not be able to resist rolling back to 8.0 when I get home tonight.

You are a developer, do you think I should worry about the permission Jetpack Joyride requires on Android? It doesn't need all this on either iOS or Windows Phone.

Edit: Well, they explain to some extent why they need all of this: www.halfbrick.com/pp I don't know if I find this reason enough.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

You are a developer, do you think I should worry about the permission Jetpack Joyride requires on Android? It doesn't need all this on either iOS or Windows Phone.

Edit: Well, they explain to some extent why they need all of this: www.halfbrick.com/pp I don't know if I find this reason enough.

Meh, I'm still alive after 1,5 year with loading many apps from store and also side loading. Don't worry so much.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

You don't see the point I'm making. But that's fine. And I will hold back on a remark about your attachment to your believes no matter what argument comes along.

then what point are you trying to make ? I get that QHD is good from what you said. for me I don't see the point on a phone but on TV and monitors ...yup :)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Meh, I'm still alive after 1,5 year with loading many apps from store and also side loading. Don't worry so much.

Yeah, but I still know where you live, your phone number, your contact's data, your phones information, who you are calling, I can see your photos and your files, I can access your GPS data, I can see what apps you have installed and what apps you had installed, I can see your browsing history and your bookmarks.

Wait, I can't, but the developers of Jetpack Joyride can.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

then what point are you trying to make ? I get that QHD is good from what you said. for me I don't see the point on a phone but on TV and monitors ...yup :)

The point is that people say it's not necessary without even having tried it out. They are still in Apple's mind of Retina, while laughing about Apple's Retina. They stated 1080p isn't needed, and nowadays it's standard. The point is that I don't like your definite opinion without any room for relativity.

You say there's no point in it. Without even having used it for a while. It's exactly the same as for people that thought they don't need more than 720p.

Just keep an open mind, I have posted a lot of links about people preferring the higher resolution, and that this "the human eye can not see a higher resolution" statement is crap. Maybe you'd rather believe some random blogs than the scientific publications I've posted here, that's okay then.

Personally I certainly like this screen and its amazing sharpness.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

my score was 1728 on 64GB o.o

I smoke that game a lot. I don't see what the fuss is. One of my coworkers who has an iPhone kept going on and on about it at lunch today. I was like:"WTF woman!? It ain't that serious!"

Of course, I said that in my head - as much as I do t have a problem saying it in person, I left the thought in my head because I wasn't in the mood to be PC.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, but I still know where you live, your phone number, your contact's data, your phones information, who you are calling, I can see your photos and your files, I can access your GPS data, I can see what apps you have installed and what apps you had installed, I can see your browsing history and your bookmarks.

Wait, I can't, but the developers of Jetpack Joyride can.

Ok, if you put it that way it really doesn't sound very pleasant :D.
It looks like Google have the page where you mark which this does app needs and some one at HalfBrick pressed button mark all :D.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm glad I told my brother not to update his 925 to the developer preview.

My 925 - both of them, to be technical - had no camera issues while one 8.1DP. In fact, the camera on Cyan is the same as it was on DP. So far all I've seen are speed increases with the Cyan update.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

My 925 - both of them, to be technical - had no camera issues while one 8.1DP. In fact, the camera on Cyan is the same as it was on DP. So far all I've seen are speed increases with the Cyan update.

I thought it was about problems with updating to Cyan when the DP is already installed? I was referring to that. Sorry if I got it wrong :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers