WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Is it bad for my Surface Pro's battery if I leave it plugged in 24 hours a day for long periods of time (multiple weeks)?

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Is it bad for my Surface Pro's battery if I leave it plugged in 24 hours a day for long periods of time (multiple weeks)?
I don't think so as long as you take it off the charger from time to time like once a week to make the battery work

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

wow ...... so google bought twitch ......all I have to say is WTF. I cant believe that the US is going to let it slide. google already has a lots of power in the video watching service but this will make it so they have a monopoly. >.< I will not like the day I have to use google in my daily life..... come on apple or msft do something !!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

So my experiment is successful. Looks like I found a good enough nanoSIM adapter. The trick isn't to cut down a microSIM to fit, but to use a nanoSIM and come up with the adapters. This makes me a bit more comfortable with the idea of using two phones with different formats again.

Simply put, it means I can go to 5" now...and get a Nexus 5 and 930. I may switch out the Nexus 5 for a Moto X +1 if Moto keeps a similar footprint.

I realized only later that the G3 uses the same format as my 8X. I didn't even think of that beforehand. The frustration might have been endless ;-)

Did I still have microSIM? Thanks Apple for the confusion...

I'm glad you found a solution that works out!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

hey snowflake I watched a camera comparison that included the G3 and it looks like an occurring theme that the G3 washes out it pictures at times :/

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

hey snowflake I watched a camera comparison that included the G3 and it looks like an occurring theme that the G3 washes out it pictures at times :/

Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed. Maybe I didn't read the reviews right, but somehow I thought the low-light capabilities of this phone are good.

Hoping for a software update...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed. Maybe I didn't read the reviews right, but somehow I thought the low-light capabilities of this phone are good.

Hoping for a software update...

maybe with android L + firmware will fix the washed out pictures

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

maybe with android L + firmware will fix the washed out pictures

I don't actually want to wait a year for that. But I feel like I am the only one who has an issue with that, my thread in the Android forum died pretty fast with a "yeah it's true, so what".

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I don't actually want to wait a year for that. But I feel like I am the only one who has an issue with that, my thread in the Android forum died pretty fast with a "yeah it's true, so what".

:/ kinda sad that they have that attitude of having a high end phone with an OK camera( regarding the washing out part) but in good lighting its a nice shooter

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

if anyone is wondering how the river thing went. it was ok this time around.... I didn't see anything interesting and all I did was float down the river. later at the meeting site we had hot dogs and hamburgers

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

So I went to my local shopping centre yesterday and saw a 930 in person. I liked the feeling of the metal bezel and polycarbonate backing but hate the orange or green colours. I'm not sure I like the look out feel of the screen having the buttons at the bottom of the screen, I prefer hardware buttons I think.

Other than those things the screen seemed a little sharper and bigger than my 920 but looked a bit more generic. I don't really see the 930 as enough of an upgrade to win my money, but I'm getting ready for another phone.

The next flagship Lumia better be good, I'm getting impatient.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

The new look WP Central web is really slow ...

And the person who combined this WP Central logo orange with this banner pink should be sentenced to dressing Honey Boo Boo for two years.

Edit: I hope it's just an adjusting thing, but I really dislike this new abomination... design I mean.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss