WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

And the person who combined this WP Central logo orange with this banner pink should be sentenced to dressing Honey Boo Boo for two years.

Edit: I hope it's just an adjusting thing, but I really dislike this new abomination... design I mean.

my reaction was ugh! :| what the hell happened to the color :/

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Am I the only one who doesn't mind the purple design?

Has anybody tried MC5 on a Windows 8? Can you play using a keyboard and/or Xbox game controller?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So I went to my local shopping centre yesterday and saw a 930 in person. I liked the feeling of the metal bezel and polycarbonate backing but hate the orange or green colours. I'm not sure I like the look out feel of the screen having the buttons at the bottom of the screen, I prefer hardware buttons I think.

Other than those things the screen seemed a little sharper and bigger than my 920 but looked a bit more generic. I don't really see the 930 as enough of an upgrade to win my money, but I'm getting ready for another phone.

The next flagship Lumia better be good, I'm getting impatient.

Wow even you're getting in on what's next for WP. Been reading this thread too much? :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The plan now is to get a black Nexus 5 and a white Lumia 930 to go with a Purple Z ultra. Now, I can get off the market for good.

Until something better come along? :p

If you end up doing that you'll have to post a review of the 930. None one else here plans to get one so it would be interesting to get your experience.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I literally spent about an hour just catching up on this thread the other day. You guys have good points - WP needs to start moving more and I think a big part of that is announcing the phones for later this year. I'm sure we're not the only people that got 920's and are starting to think about different phones.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I literally spent about an hour just catching up on this thread the other day. You guys have good points - WP needs to start moving more and I think a big part of that is announcing the phones for later this year. I'm sure we're not the only people that got 920's and are starting to think about different phones.

It's good bed time reading is nothing else. :p Ever since I started using my tablet I use my phone less. Nothing against WP. But it's nice to think, there's an app I want, search, there it is! It's a good feeling.

I'm heading off the Liverpool soon. I'll post some pics when I get the chance. :)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I'm really doing some weird stuff with my bacteria.

I used a lab strain that has an entire protein class knocked-out. In this strain I knocked-out my protein of interest. Now I'm making a protein fusion with yet another protein which will allow me to see where it is in the cell and if it's in the cell (meaning translated). Then I will add a gen from another organism to complement the protein class that wasn't there in the first place, only that I can do the complementation in a fully controlled manner now.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I just made the first call with my LG G3. Yes, I'm not calling people often. However I wanted to ask if my glasses are already ready today (they are!) that I don't have to drive without them.

Making calls works very well with the LG G3, the sound quality is good. The back buttons are very comfortable to adjust the sound volume during the call, much better than these small buttons on the side of my 8X.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

That reminds me. When I bought my first Windows Phone 7 device, back when Windows Phone 7 was freshly released, many people complained about the volume while making a call.

They didn't realize that they had to adjust the volume while making the call, that it was a context dependent volume control. Like nowadays with the apps and the general OS.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I just found out that my provider offers an Android app with a widget that shows how much data I used.

Of my 1 GB I have used 361 MB so far.

I feel lonely in this thread...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I've ordered the LG G3 Quick Circle case for 32 Swiss Francs. From a Swiss store. It should be delivered within 4 working days. I hope it's true.

Fingers crossed that I don't break the phone until I have it ;-)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I just found out that my provider offers an Android app with a widget that shows how much data I used.

Of my 1 GB I have used 361 MB so far.

I feel lonely in this thread...

Now you know why Sahib talks to himself when he has the thread all to himself...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Been going to bed early, getting the same amount of sleep and getting up early. Yet I feel a little refreshed. I'm enjoying the quietness of July as in August I'll start my reading and in the fall I'll have no life.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Until something better come along? :p

If you end up doing that you'll have to post a review of the 930. None one else here plans to get one so it would be interesting to get your experience.

I'll post a review for sure. The Z Ultra's review seemed to be a hit here when I did that...

I'm going to be a super broke working grad student soon so I'm not planning to get anything else. Initially, I didn't really like the Icon but the more I used it, the more I liked it - hence why it's OK for me to get a 930. The site I use has the 1520 for $470 with shipping included. The 930's price has come down again...they knocked another $20 off the white (which I plan to get). Still, it is $595 with shipping - hard to justify that $120 dollar difference with the 1520. Ideally, if I wasn't as smitten with the Z Ultra, I'd have bought the 1520 instead and that would have been that.

I won't pull the trigger until the end of next month. Hopefully by then it is in the $530 with shipping range.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb