WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

And I made about the same amount of spelling mistakes as he usually does. :p

I write worse with the G3 keyboard. ;-)

Swipise, man. Swipe. Remember, you're on Android now so there are lots and lots of replacement keyboards you can install...

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Swipise, man. Swipe. Remember, you're on Android now so there are lots and lots of replacement keyboards you can install...

I would need Swipe for writing English and a standard keyboard for writing in my dialect. I do second more often on my phone, so I haven't bothered yet to look at alternatives and how easy it would be to switch between keyboards.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I should be more excited that it is friday than i currently am, but honestly it's just another day in a long work week. Perhaps I'll be excited tomorrow night at the doctor's BBQ.

Last edited:

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I should be more excited that it is frady thab i currently am, but honestly it's just another day in a long work week. Perhaps I'll be excited tomorrow night at the doctor's BBQ.

Well I need to finish up some stuff, then I'll get my glasses, then I'll pack for the weekend, then I'll take the train, then I'll take the car, then I'll drive, then I'll meet my friend.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well I need to finish up some stuff, then I'll get my glasses, then I'll pack for the weekend, then I'll take the train, then I'll take the car, then I'll drive, then I'll meet my friend.

Well, I hope you have a good time. Perhaps you may we t to fiddle with your G3's settings a little bit to balance out some of those washed out shots.

For the record, many of the hard core people you may see on Android Central (IMHO) care more about the specs and rooting and not necessarily using the camera in ways similar to yours. Hence the responses you may have seen so far...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Lumia 930 video shows it getting charged by lots of apples and potatoes | Windows Phone Central

They showed something lacking any practical use and wasted a boatload of food at the same time. Why exactly is this regarded as clever marketing?

I'm still not sure whether my G3 supports wireless charging or not.

Probably some gimmick for sales. I'm not sure if the G3 has Qi in it. They may have followed the Samsung route and sell the optional back cover. Sammy has done that for the S4 (the GF loves Qi thanks to me) and the S5.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Well, I hope you have a good time. Perhaps you may we t to fiddle with your G3's settings a little bit to balance out some of those washed out shots.

For the record, many of the hard core people you may see on Android Central (IMHO) care more about the specs and rooting and not necessarily using the camera in ways similar to yours. Hence the responses you may have seen so far...

The stock camera app doesn't offer any settings. I started to look into third-party apps, but wasn't sure if I could replace the stock app with them to be activated over hardware without tinkering too much.

I'll certainly take my S120 with me though.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Probably some gimmick for sales. I'm not sure if the G3 has Qi in it. They may have followed the Samsung route and sell the optional back cover. Sammy has done that for the S4 (the GF loves Qi thanks to me) and the S5.

I get mixed results when I ask Google. I downloaded a manual from LG UK and the write something about safety when using wireless charging but don't mention it else. So I guess it's an optional back cover.

Edit: Well, on the official homepage they mention wireless charging. But only in some promo stuff, not in the technical specifications. Weird.

Edit 2: Yeah, it seems to have wireless charging. They probably don't promote it to much as they don't sell the official charging station in Switzerland. In a Swiss forum they write however that other charging stations work very well, for example the Nokia one ;-)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I get mixed results when I ask Google. I downloaded a manual from LG UK and the write something about safety when using wireless charging but don't mention it else. So I guess it's an optional back cover.

Edit: Well, on the official homepage they mention wireless charging. But only in some promo stuff, not in the technical specifications. Weird.

Maybe something like this might help you out:

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...k-circle-folio-case-for-lg-g3/&token=zy5c1XVd

I know the variants are slightly different, but...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Edit 2: Yeah, it seems to have wireless charging. They probably don't promote it to much as they don't sell the official charging station in Switzerland. In a Swiss forum they write however that other charging stations work very well, for example the Nokia one ;-)

Yup. Looks like you need a back cover. Surprising they didn't bundle one in for you. I used the Nokia DT-900 before in sent it to my friend with my lumia 810 as a gift for shipping down a bunch of elebctroncis for another mutual friend if mine. If you can one on the cheap it is nice.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Yup. Looks like you need a back cover. Surprising they didn't bundle one in for you. I used the Nokia DT-900 before in sent it to my friend with my lumia 810 as a gift for shipping down a bunch of elebctroncis for another mutual friend if mine. If you can one on the cheap it is nice.

I think the European version does have it built-in. I'll ask in the Android forum to be sure.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Sad but true: the last paragraph of this review sums up many people's feelings about the 930:

Lumia 930 Review: Finally, a Flagship Lumia That's a Phone First and Camera Second

Yeah, for people switching that might be true.

My perspective is slightly different: I'm a Microsoft ecosystem person and I don't miss anything on Android. Everything I did before on Windows Phone I still can do on Android. However, the apps are so much better, and I already know that I would miss VPN so much. In all the areas I don't have reception I can now still use my phone because I can access the university's WIFi. Widgets are the better live tiles, they are just much more functional.

There's nothing I miss from my 8X except less intrusive app permissions and better low light pictures (what I hope will be fixed soon), there's so much I'd miss from my G3.

And while the 32 GB / 3 GB version of the G3 is more expensive than the 930, you can get the 16 GB / 2 GB version for the same price. But then you have expendable storage up to 128 GB.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, for people switching that might be true.

My perspective is slightly different: I'm a Microsoft ecosystem person and I don't miss anything on Android. Everything I did before on Windows Phone I still can do on Android. However, the apps are so much better, and I already know that I would miss VPN so much. In all the areas I don't have reception I can now still use my phone because I can access the university's WIFi. Widgets are the better live tiles, they are just much more functional.

There's nothing I miss from my 8X except less intrusive app permissions and better low light pictures (what I hope will be fixed soon), there's so much I'd miss from my G3.

And while the 32 GB / 3 GB version of the G3 is more expensive than the 930, you can get the 16 GB / 2 GB version for the same price. But then you have expendable storage up to 128 GB.

It's not only for people who are switching from other platforms but for people who are upgrading. The lack of useful hardware diversity at this point makes the choices not as appealing. The 930 is essentially an updated 920 in nearly every way - screen, processor, RAM, less weight. Is the camera better? I'm sure it is, but is it the next-gen Pureview tech? Doesn't seem so. It is funny because if the ecosystem was more mature this would a be very good option as a flagship and the 1520 would be a stellar choice too.

But the tiles don't take advantage of the bigger real estate. Neither are there specific apps that do either. Even though it is a slight gimmick, I can take a pen and or pencil and handwrite my notes on my Z Ultra with a good enough degree of accuracy.

It is good, but something is missing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786