WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

people on twitter are going crazy :p

And rightfully so. That would be a shame. If they announced that, I'd trade in my 8X right away, get a Moto X and never look back. If MSFT is smart, they wouldn't do that.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

And rightfully so. That would be a shame. If they announced that, I'd trade in my 8X right away, get a Moto X and never look back. If MSFT is smart, they wouldn't do that.

Hmm, it's HTCs fault for not providing an update, not Microsoft's fault,no?

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm just resting and playing around with Moto maker for the Moto online. On a more positive note, the parts I ordered for the 920 is here, so the screen will get replaced. It was very interesting to see that I could potentially an iPhone 5 as a trade in with the 920, 8X and a netbook I have laying around in the house. Very, very interesting.

3 things for an iPhone . That shows me the thr Street values for an iPhone is very high

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I remember that on the 8.1 update page it said the Htc 8xt will get it but I didn't see an 8x anywhere

They made only 3 WP8 models: 8X, 8S, and a carrier variant in the 8XT. If they don't update the 8X and 8S, their new phones are toast.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

They made only 3 WP8 models: 8X, 8S, and a carrier variant in the 8XT. If they don't update the 8X and 8S, their new phones are toast.

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't update them to 8.1 since the market share is around 4% and most of them are nokia phone. so it has to show that their might not be enough 8x/8s users to warrant the 8.1 update

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't update them to 8.1 since the market share is around 4% and most of them are nokia phone. so it has to show that their might not be enough 8x/8s users to warrant the 8.1 update

That's the drawback of MSFT buying Nokia. Because their OEM and carrier relationships is a serious weakness, buying Nokia was seen as a shortcut to build on these. I don't think it is going to work unless MSFT streamlines what they're doing now, fast.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

That's the drawback of MSFT buying Nokia. Because their OEM and carrier relationships is a serious weakness, buying Nokia was seen as a shortcut to build on these. I don't think it is going to work unless MSFT streamlines what they're doing now, fast.

so msft should put nokia specific features on other phones? im not sure if i understood the point :unhappysweat:

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

I read a tweet from htc....they seem to have deleted it....can't find it anywhere.... I'm paraphrasing, "We are planning to support WP8.1 for HTC8x but we don't have a specific date yet because we believe in quality"
And another tweet was from a guy to whom they replied again "we are planning to support 8.1 but you should ask your carrier" and the guy had said his carrier had already said him they are not gonna push an update for wp8.1 for 8x that is..!!i guess that guy has an Australian carrier he said something about 3mobile...I could be wrong though

Last edited:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

not saying your info is wrong but until they push out the update ill believe it ..... there have been may tweets that have been false that turned out to be not true but if its true then sweet:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans