WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The only current weather alert is a flash flood warning, but I live in the city, far from any lakes, rivers or streams.
wp_ss_20140728_0001.png

GoldenOrater23

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: WPC 1000 Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Any hot sauce aficionado's here? I tried a really good (And hot!) Ghost Pepper sauce last night with my pasta.

My man.... Don't ever mention ghost pepper again, cause and effect, I dab some on my chicken sandwich, took a bite, lost my mind quickly and in shock I put my hand over my mouth, which in turn rubbed more over my face 🔥🔥

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

so im guessing the light blubs that have swirls in them aren't energy efficient anymore :/ ?

The swirl ones are called fluorescents bulbs. :p

I used LEDs mainly because there's no florescent replacement for the bulbs in my place.

Saying that however, LEDs are about the same in energy efficiency. They last longer than fluorescents and they don't have the environmental problem of fluorescents.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 1000 Post Challenge - You Ready?!

My man.... Don't ever mention ghost pepper again, cause and effect, I dab some on my chicken sandwich, took a bite, lost my mind quickly and in shock I put my hand over my mouth, which in turn rubbed more over my face 🔥🔥

Fingers and chilies should never mix. :p

Especially ridiculously hot ones.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Good morning!

So the fourth concert we saw was Placebo and they played until 1 in the morning. Then we had to walk back to the car (we had the perfect parking spot in a small forest around 15 minutes away from the entrance) and it took us until 3.30 to reach my mother's place (we borrowed her car for the weekend). Then we went to bed and got up at 10 in the morning, but still had to travel back by train to our hometown.

So now I'm back, very tired and should probably do some work after I skipped the morning without any announcement ;-)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Good morning!

So the fourth concert we saw was Placebo and they played until 1 in the morning. Then we had to walk back to the car (we had the perfect parking spot in a small forest around 15 minutes away from the entrance) and it took us until 3.30 to reach my mother's place (we borrowed her car for the weekend). Then we went to bed and got up at 10 in the morning, but still had to travel back by train to our hometown.

So now I'm back, very tired and should probably do some work after I skipped the morning without any announcement ;-)

Morning or should I say afternoon??? :p

What was the list of groups you saw? I didn't even know Placebo was still going. :p

That's a long night there! I'm tired just thinking of it. :p

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

20140726_182524_Android.jpg20140727_120331_Android.jpg20140727_120822_Android.jpg20140727_233143_Android.jpg20140727_235149_Android.jpg

I think my G3 hold up pretty well. Of course I still had preferred my S120.

Again I had a random shut-down yesterday evening, I hope this gets fixed with a software update. Also, the camera app of Windows Phone has a huge advantage. I miss looking and deleting taken photos without unlocking the phone. With the G3 you always have to unlock the phone to look at taken photos. It's a little annoying.

Battery life is still good, but it really takes a hit when the screen is turned on often. It's pretty extreme (as expected). Saturday night I charged it with 7 % left after taking a lot of photos and browsing quite a bit.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I think my G3 hold up pretty well. Of course I still had preferred my S120.

Again I had a random shut-down yesterday evening, I hope this gets fixed with a software update. Also, the camera app of Windows Phone has a huge advantage. I miss looking and deleting taken photos without unlocking the phone. With the G3 you always have to unlock the phone to look at taken photos. It's a little annoying.

Battery life is still good, but it really takes a hit when the screen is turned on often. It's pretty extreme (as expected). Saturday night I charged it with 7 % left after taking a lot of photos and browsing quite a bit.

Nice shots though. :)

Maybe there's some app in Play that will let you do what you want with the camera. :) Android is quite different than WP. :p

They should fix that shutdown issue quickly you'd think otherwise they'll have a lot of unhappy users.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Morning or should I say afternoon??? :p

What was the list of groups you saw? I didn't even know Placebo was still going. :p

That's a long night there! I'm tired just thinking of it. :p

The main acts this evening were The National, Woodkid and Placebo. I also enjoyed James Vincent McMorrow.

Woodkid had an amazing show!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Nice shots though. :)

Maybe there's some app in Play that will let you do what you want with the camera. :) Android is quite different than WP. :p

They should fix that shutdown issue quickly you'd think otherwise they'll have a lot of unhappy users.

The random shutdown issue seems to affect a lot of people. Some got an exchange and still had it afterwards, I really hope it's software.

I'm not sure about the camera app. I don't want to tinker too much with the phone, and it's important for me that I can access the camera app with the hardware button.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

G'mornin'! (Or afternoon, or night. Whatever.)

Since we have an extended weekend here, I figured that I should go ahead and I should go ahead and go marathon some anime. Results as follows:

I went ahead with Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions first. To follow was Angel Beats!, for the feels, at least. I cried with the characters in Chu-2-byo, while I just felt... sorry for the characters in Angel Beats!. Strange, considering Angel Beats was supposed to make me really sad.

So, what'd I miss?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The main acts this evening were The National, Woodkid and Placebo. I also enjoyed James Vincent McMorrow.

Woodkid had an amazing show!

Have to admit that I know only Placebo and McMorrow but I wouldn't be surprised if I heard songs from the other two but didn't know the groups.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Have to admit that I know only Placebo and McMorrow but I wouldn't be surprised if I heard songs from the other two but didn't know the groups.

Woodkid is French, it doesn't surprise me you don't know it. That is his big hit:

Woodkid - Run Boy Run (Official HD Video) - YouTube

(Take your tablet to watch it :p )

He had an amazing show with an orchestra.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The random shutdown issue seems to affect a lot of people. Some got an exchange and still had it afterwards, I really hope it's software.

I'm not sure about the camera app. I don't want to tinker too much with the phone, and it's important for me that I can access the camera app with the hardware button.

Understand. I did a quick search and found 40 tricks and tips for the LG G3. Quite an amazing phone. Unfortunately I didn't see anything about the camera unlocking the phone though like it does with WP. I'm guessing you know that you can setup the phone to take quick shots with the volume button?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12