WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Understand. I did a quick search and found 40 tricks and tips for the LG G3. Quite an amazing phone. Unfortunately I didn't see anything about the camera unlocking the phone though like it does with WP. I'm guessing you know that you can setup the phone to take quick shots with the volume button?

Yes, that's what I mean. I always activate the camera with the volume button and it's very handy. But then I'd like to look at pictures I've just taken and delete them without unlocking the phone, like on Windows Phone. This is not possible on the G3.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You know something. I find people who are fans of things will make any excuse to fit their thinking. One minute 512MB is perfect for WP because it doesn't need more to work well. Then you have issues with said 512MB and an older phone and all of sudden you're 'out of date' phone is no longer good to use with WP. So all those people who bought old gen 512MB devices should expect a crap experience on WP8.1 because it's old technology. :p

Got to love this messed up OS...

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

You know something. I find people who are fans of things will make any excuse to fit their thinking. One minute 512MB is perfect for WP because it doesn't need more to work well. Then you have issues with said 512MB and an older phone and all of sudden you're 'out of date' phone is no longer good to use with WP. So all those people who bought old gen 512MB devices should expect a crap experience on WP8.1 because it's old technology. :p

Got to love this messed up OS...
I remember people who used to parade how well Symbian ran on crap (not mincing on words here) specs. The same people turned on Nokia for disappointing with Symbian^3. (Not that it was disappointing, but because the 256MB RAM didn't hold well, apparently.)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Agree with that.

I see the long release date for this update is starting to cause issues. I keep wondering if mine will show up simply because of the carrier. It shows on the list mind you but I can see them dragging their feet.

It would be such a sham if HTC did that. I mean, if I didn't feel that the Pureview cameras were not the best fit for my needs, I probably would have walked away and not look back. Of all the things to take from Android, if MSFT allows their updating system to go like that, WP is in trouble...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Tile folders that are supposed to come with GDR1 just reminded me that my G3 supports icon folders too. It works like on iOS, very practical!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I remember people who used to parade how well Symbian ran on crap (not mincing on words here) specs. The same people turned on Nokia for disappointing with Symbian^3. (Not that it was disappointing, but because the 256MB RAM didn't hold well, apparently.)

I personally think 512MB devices should have disappeared this time round. The L530 is a pretty low end device and people keep saying 1GB is somehow 'high spec' when the difference in price is mediocre. They should have did the smart thing and let go of the 512MB devices. I'm sure the L530 will sell well in the environment they want to sell it in but why not make it better than anything else out there? That also goes for the L630/5. I don't get the thinking personally. Don't get me started on the L930...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think a thunderstorm is coming....

Had one of those last night in my neck of the woods. They're always cool to look at when inside...especially with the lightning flashing. Surprisingly, I've experienced some good iPadding moments during a late night thunderstorm...😉

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Love the pics, Chregu. The first one is my favorite...and I can see a little bit of the wash out you talked about in the last picture, even though it was dimly lit.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

G'mornin'! (Or afternoon, or night. Whatever.)

Since we have an extended weekend here, I figured that I should go ahead and I should go ahead and go marathon some anime. Results as follows:

I went ahead with Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions first. To follow was Angel Beats!, for the feels, at least. I cried with the characters in Chu-2-byo, while I just felt... sorry for the characters in Angel Beats!. Strange, considering Angel Beats was supposed to make me really sad.

So, what'd I miss?

Other than the next potential goof by MSFT of HTC not updating their 8S and 8X, nothing really...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Understand. I did a quick search and found 40 tricks and tips for the LG G3. Quite an amazing phone. Unfortunately I didn't see anything about the camera unlocking the phone though like it does with WP. I'm guessing you know that you can setup the phone to take quick shots with the volume button?

Best he can do is via the lock screen...placing the camera app as one of the shortcuts there. So all he does is use the knock code and tap the camera app shortcut.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Other than the next potential goof by MSFT of HTC not updating their 8S and 8X, nothing really...

Ouch. More power to them, I guess. HTC has to recover from their losses in the Android Battlefront before moving ask to Windows Phone.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Somehow doesn't fit well with the rumors of a high-end HTC Windows Phone device...
Rumors are rumors until further rumors can verify the said rumor, which is tested with more rumors before the rumor reaches its end-of-life stage, which is signified with the appearance of more rumors seeking to verify the said rumor before the rumor has its judgment handed to it by a superior rumor.

Hehehe.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Rumors are rumors until further rumors can verify the said rumor, which is tested with more rumors before the rumor reaches its end-of-life stage, which is signified with the appearance of more rumors seeking to verify the said rumor before the rumor has its judgment handed to it by a superior rumor.

Hehehe.

That's why I often doubt rumors, most of all when they seemingly contradict each other. Then again, many rumors come true.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

20140726_170814_Android.jpg

I have to repost this in a better quality. These beautiful bird and me forgetting the camera with zoom. My girlfriend had the idea to take a picture with the phone through the binocular. The effect is just so cool and the quality is really good. And it's certainly a nice memory.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster