WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'd go Nexus style in this reagrd and offer 5 phones...1 phablet, 1 flagship, 1 mid range, 1 stupid cheap and 1 low end. Roll As a into the Lumia 400 line. Roll the 5xx and 6xx into one line. Roll the 7xx and 8xx line into 1. Roll the 9xx and 10xx into one. Keep the 15x as the phablet.

For example:

the cheap line: 3.8" in screen + 512 RAM

low end is 4.3" + 1GB RAM

mid range is 4.7" +1GB RAM

flagship is 5-5.5" + 2GB RAM +

phablet between 6-7" + 3GB RAM +

And then let the other OEMs offer alternatives along those prices points. Then focus on having a more coordinated rollout. I don't if the Lumia line always has theirs first and the other OEMs follow within a month - two months later, but it should be close. At least make sure that the OEMs get the OS a lot quicker.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

That's more or less how I was thinking. With the caveat that 512MB phones go. There's other ways to cheapen down a phone than using the 512MB. I would also make the flagship 3GB.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's more or less how I was thinking. With the caveat that 512MB phones go. There's other ways to cheapen down a phone than using the 512MB. I would also make the flagship 3GB.

Eventually I'd drop the 512 RAM, but not right now because the problem is Nokia phones drop in price slowly.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So I've looked at some prices to fix my L920.

I have a crack in my screen and I was thinking of replacing the battery. It will cost about ?60 including shipping. Thing is, I'm unsure if I want to bother since I'll probably get a new phone in about 5-6 months and the phone will probably be worth ?60. :p

Ah technology is a pain. :p

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

They've already sent out the G3 cover I've ordered last week. That means I have it tomorrow or the day after tomorrow before I leave for Great Britain. Very cool!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

They've already sent out the G3 cover I've ordered last week. That means I have it tomorrow or the day after tomorrow before I leave for Great Britain. Very cool!

Are you looking forward to your trip over here in good ol' Blighty?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Are you looking forward to your trip over here in good ol' Blighty?

Yes! Very much so!

Of course, driving abroad makes me always slightly nervous because I would have to figure out how to handle issues first if I ran into one. But at least I know English pretty well, so at least language shouldn't be a problem.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yes! Very much so!

Of course, driving abroad makes me always slightly nervous because I would have to figure out how to handle issues first if I ran into one. But at least I know English pretty well, so at least language shouldn't be a problem.

Since you'll be mostly on the motorway you should be fine. Cardiff was a tad confusing in places and Bath is a bit fun but I'm sure if you have a good GPS you'll be fine. :)

Stick to the far left lane until you get comfortable driving. Keep in mind that we have a lot of give ways here and it's always to the right. We have lots of roundabouts. :p

I always find those first few miles are needed to adjust to everything.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Well, Nokia Lumia 930 is available at our biggest carrier. The price is, drums please :D , 420? on a 2 year contract. Not bad, for comparison, LG G3-470? which is dirt cheap for that kind of the phone, Samsung Galaxy S5 and HTC ONE - 550? ( you do get Galaxy fit with S5 but nothing with HTC) and last, Sony Xperia Z2-570?, iPhone 5S 16GB costs the same.
So generally it's Lumia quite good bang for buck, hell it costs only 40? more than Lumia 820 did at the start. Like it very much.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I've looked at some prices to fix my L920.

I have a crack in my screen and I was thinking of replacing the battery. It will cost about ?60 including shipping. Thing is, I'm unsure if I want to bother since I'll probably get a new phone in about 5-6 months and the phone will probably be worth ?60. :p

Ah technology is a pain. :p

Indeed. I'm in the process of repairing this 920 and I know I'm going to take a loss to sell it because it is AT&T locked and the unlock code costs at least $50 for a nearly 2 year old phone.

Is the crack on the screen in a spot where a screen protector can cover it?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Indeed. I'm in the process of repairing this 920 and I know I'm going to take a loss to sell it because it is AT&T locked and the unlock code costs at least $50 for a nearly 2 year old phone.

Is the crack on the screen in a spot where a screen protector can cover it?

It's in the bottom left corner. It doesn't interfere really with using the phone but if I want to sell it or send it in for recycling then it needs to be in good shape. Not sure what my plans are currently.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Well, Nokia Lumia 930 is available at our biggest carrier. The price is, drums please :D , 420€ on a 2 year contract. Not bad, for comparison, LG G3-470€ which is dirt cheap for that kind of the phone, Samsung Galaxy S5 and HTC ONE - 550€ ( you do get Galaxy fit with S5 but nothing with HTC) and last, Sony Xperia Z2-570€, iPhone 5S 16GB costs the same.
So generally it's Lumia quite good bang for buck, hell it costs only 40€ more than Lumia 820 did at the start. Like it very much.

Nice. My provider wants 649 for the 930, 669 for the G3 and 799 for the S5. Of course those prices are pretty much based on fantasy to promote the reductions on contract.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Nice. My provider wants 649 for the 930, 669 for the G3 and 799 for the S5. Of course those prices are pretty much based on fantasy to promote the reductions on contract.

Mine are on 2 year contract ;). But 800 for S5 ? That's sick.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That is about what it is worth here. If you like it, maybe it is worth repairing it. I've seen where a new screen and new battery extend a phone's life...

I've decided I'll play it this way. I'll give the Cyan update until September. If I don't get it by then I'll just get another phone and then recycle the L920 unless someone wants to take it off my hands. Not sure what I'll get but by then I'll assume I'll be completely fed up with the whole waiting for updates thing.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I've decided I'll play it this way. I'll give the Cyan update until September. If I don't get it by then I'll just get another phone and then recycle the L920 unless someone wants to take it off my hands. Not sure what I'll get but by then I'll assume I'll be completely fed up with the whole waiting for updates thing.

Maybe you should buy a Nokia X, they get updates:

Nokia X update brings more Microsoft, a new task switcher and store | Android Central

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piklokz