WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

This tells me that almost no previous Apple or Android users switch to Windows Phone with 1 % and 4 %. Either Windows Phone users had already a Windows Phone (58 %) or they came from Symbian (21 % !!!) or others.

On the other hand, 25 % of Android users and 7 % of Apple users came from Windows Phone.

I interpret this in a way, that mostly people loyal to the Nokia brand are switching to Windows Phone from their Symbian devices and dumbphones, while many people switch to other platforms from Windows Phone.

That would be a bad sign for Windows Phone.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

This tells me that almost no previous Apple or Android users switch to Windows Phone with 1 % and 4 %. Either Windows Phone users had already a Windows Phone (58 %) or they came from Symbian (21 % !!!) or others.

On the other hand, 25 % of Android users and 7 % of Apple users came from Windows Phone.

I interpret this in a way, that mostly people loyal to the Nokia brand are switching to Windows Phone from their Symbian devices and dumbphones, while many people switch to other platforms from Windows Phone.

That would be a bad sign for Windows Phone.

It's not a good sign is it? 2,300 people is a good number as well so not a small survey.

It's no surprise to anyone that people from Symbian went to WP because of Nokia. Thing is, how many stuck around because of Nokia? That's some huge movement of people from WP to other platforms.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. So I started my day off with being halfways into the tunnel that connects NJ and NYC and a train stalls. Yes, they had to literally back us out and switch to the outbound tunnel. At least I wasn't on the train itself that stalled. This sojourn only added another mere hour to my commute...

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It's not a good sign is it? 2,300 people is a good number as well so not a small survey.

It's no surprise to anyone that people from Symbian went to WP because of Nokia. Thing is, how many stuck around because of Nokia? That's some huge movement of people from WP to other platforms.

The surgery at 2300 is a good indicator of some of the issues that WP has. MSFT cannot afford any more public snaffus. I was tempted by the M8 hardware but want nothing of that camera. Guess it is back to price watching the 930 again...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Wasn't that bad. Something useful ish I read in there. Yes, Fandroids can be as bad as iSheep and WinPhans.

When I linked it I only had the "you are doing something wrong, don't use that many apps then, those are too many apps!" response.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. So I started my day off with being halfways into the tunnel that connects NJ and NYC and a train stalls. Yes, they had to literally back us out and switch to the outbound tunnel. At least I wasn't on the train itself that stalled. This sojourn only added another mere hour to my commute...

Sounds very annoying...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
When I linked it I only had the "you are doing something wrong, don't use that many apps then, those are too many apps!" response.

I saw that one. It reminded me of when people who bought an iPhone 4 talked about the death grip, Steve Jobs jumped up and said "you ****** ain't holding the phone right!"

People can be something else at times...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

The support answer from LG: Check for updates. And then make a hard-reset, doesn't matter if there's an update or not. If it doesn't help bring it to the place you've bought it, it's none of our business.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I'm giving the doctors at work who went to the cookout on Saturday a hard time. These ones whose chops I'm busting are known "fishes", as in people who drink a lot of alcohol. I'm ragging them because they didn't try the cocktail I made. They were like "that's too badass for me". I laugh because I used a safe vanilla rum in there...if I put the Over proof Rum as I usually do, they'd have been really D.O.A.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The support answer from LG: Check for updates. And then make a hard-reset, doesn't matter if there's an update or not. If it doesn't help bring it to the place you've bought it, it's none of our business.

Well, see if you can get it returned for another one...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Well, see if you can get it returned for another one...

This is not how things in Switzerland work. You don't get a new phone when you have issues. They send your phone in. Then they try to reproduce the issue, they will realize they can't (it's not reproducible), will hardreset it and send it back.

I don't feel like using my 8X for three weeks to get a hardreset done...

Well, they offered a "Why didn't you like our support answer?" button, I wrote that I don't really need a standard block answer for EVERY mobile phone problem, that they at least could mention my problem specifically instead of telling me to make a hard-reset and hope for the best. They most certainly won't care, but it makes me feel better ;-)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So people ask me why I never buy on launch. Simply because I don't want to get a lemon and never crave for the latest and greatest. Now, that's not a foolproof strategy, but I'm on a streak of never getting lemons that way. Second hand money pits are a different story. Still you would think manufacturers do enough QA but like anything else in life, they never really know until the public gets a gold of the product.

Still, buying a lemon would **** me off tremendously.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

This is not how things in Switzerland work. You don't get a new phone when you have issues. They send your phone in. Then they try to reproduce the issue, they will realize they can't (it's not reproducible), will hardreset it and send it back.

I don't feel like using my 8X for three weeks to get a hardreset done...

Well, they offered a "Why didn't you like our support answer?" button, I wrote that I don't really need a standard block answer for EVERY mobile phone problem, that they at least could mention my problem specifically instead of telling me to make a hard-reset and hope for the best. They most certainly won't care, but it makes me feel better ;-)

Geez, you kicked that 8X to the dub really fast. Sorry to see your options are limited.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So people ask me why I never buy on launch. Simply because I don't want to get a lemon and never crave for the latest and greatest. Now, that's not a foolproof strategy, but I'm on a streak of never getting lemons that way. Second hand money pits are a different story. Still you would think manufacturers do enough QA but like anything else in life, they never really know until the public gets a gold of the product.

Still, buying a lemon would **** me off tremendously.

Nokia seems to have this issue a lot but it seems to be spreading. :p Things are too rushed these days and quality suffers.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Geez, you kicked that 8X to the dub really fast. Sorry to see your options are limited.

It's not about the 8X, it's about me missing my shiny new device...

I've got the smart cover! It actually replaces the original backplate with a slightly more rugged one and of course the attached screen cover. I think it's really cool so far. And it looks good too.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

well im here working on a Samsung tab 3 and I have to say....... I hate touchwize even more >.> and how laggy it is....... yup android+ touchwize has to be the worse combo ever

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb