WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Well, I hope Sahib stops eating tri-tip, I just watched Noah (2014) and learned that all good Christians must be vegan.

POSSIBLE NOAH SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!

I just watched Noah. What a ******* terrible movie, I would be speechless if I didn't have to tell you just in parts what is wrong with this movie. This flick is packed with Christian "morality", in reality pure insanity. Noah is a ******* psychopathic killer, the bad guy is more reasonable than this crazed lunatic. Actually, all of the characters in this movie are crazy, the son that wants to kill his father because a girl died he knew like 10 minutes (mostly because he was overly horny), the weak female characters that accept everything that comes to them, with at most speaking up slightly, Noah that wants to kill his grand children just because (and the female characters doing nothing about it), his eldest son who wants to protect these children, but can't because he's amazingly incompetent... damn, who the hell wrote this?

And it wasn't even that bad in the beginning, the movie is beautifully shot, I thought that it might be not too bad. Then they encounter some kind of trolls and an old wizard (yeah, there's magic in this movie), and from there it goes downhill. The animals are poorly animated, the story doesn't make much sense, the motivations of the characters are inexplicable. When Noah tells genesis, I was first surprised, they actually showed it in a very scientific way including evolution... until the point the humans appear magically, can't upset the Christians after all, right?

The movie kills of (as described in the bible) thousands of innocent people whose only fault was doing the same thing all the actors in this flick are doing everyday. Eating meat, taking more resources than earth can provide in the long term. That's it.

Also, this movie is the greatest tale of incest ever.

How... well, I'll stop now. ...at least this vegan thing is hilarious.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Didn't feel like going to work today, but there is a complicated case I'm a contact person on, so I couldn't call out.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well, I hope Sahib stops eating tri-tip, I just watched Noah (2014) and learned that all good Christians must be vegan.

POSSIBLE NOAH SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!

I just watched Noah. What a ******* terrible movie, I would be speechless if I didn't have to tell you just in parts what is wrong with this movie. This flick is packed with Christian "morality", in reality pure insanity. Noah is a ******* psychopathic killer, the bad guy is more reasonable than this crazed lunatic. Actually, all of the characters in this movie are crazy, the son that wants to kill his father because a girl died he knew like 10 minutes (mostly because he was overly horny), the weak female characters that accept everything that comes to them, with at most speaking up slightly, Noah that wants to kill his grand children just because (and the female characters doing nothing about it), his eldest son who wants to protect these children, but can't because he's amazingly incompetent... damn, who the hell wrote this?

And it wasn't even that bad in the beginning, the movie is beautifully shot, I thought that it might be not too bad. Then they encounter some kind of trolls and an old wizard (yeah, there's magic in this movie), and from there it goes downhill. The animals are poorly animated, the story doesn't make much sense, the motivations of the characters are inexplicable. When Noah tells genesis, I was first surprised, they actually showed it in a very scientific way including evolution... until the point the humans appear magically, can't upset the Christians after all, right?

The movie kills of (as described in the bible) thousands of innocent people whose only fault was doing the same thing all the actors in this flick are doing everyday. Eating meat, taking more resources than earth can provide in the long term. That's it.

Thabsk for saving me from seeing this one. I should start a thread where you could post such a beautiful comment...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

And now to the good news.

I watched Noah on my LG G3. It was a 2 GB 1080p file, meaning that it wasn't the heaviest in terms of file size but still demanding. The movie looked just gorgeous on the G3's screen. I had brightness at level 10 of 15 which is pretty bright already. The movie took 2 hours and something over 10 minutes. During this time the battery went down from 93 % to 58 %. That's 35 % in something over 2 hours and I think it's acceptable. The phone should still bring me through a day, certainly until early evening. The phone got slightly warm, barely noticeable. During my failed backup yesterday it got really hot in comparison.

I used VLC Beta to watch it, it run without any stutters or problems. Once I closed the app directly and reopened it from "recent apps", no problems. Once somebody was at the door, I hit "pause" left the screen on and went for the door. When I cam back the screen was dark, but VLC again went on playing the movie without any issues.

All in all it was a very enjoyable experience from a technical point of view.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

And now to the good news.

I watched Noah on my LG G3. It was a 2 GB 1080p file, meaning that it wasn't the heaviest in terms of file size but still demanding. The movie looked just gorgeous on the G3's screen. I had brightness at level 10 of 15 which is pretty bright already. The movie took 2 hours and something over 10 minutes. During this time the battery went down from 93 % to 58 %. That's 35 % in something over 2 hours and I think it's acceptable. The phone should still bring me through a day, certainly until early evening. The phone got slightly warm, barely noticeable. During my failed backup yesterday it got really hot in comparison.

I used VLC Beta to watch it, it run without any stutters or problems. Once I closed the app directly and reopened it from "recent apps", no problems. Once somebody was at the door, I hit "pause" left the screen on and went for the door. When I cam back the screen was dark, but VLC again went on playing the movie without any issues.

All in all it was a very enjoyable experience from a technical point of view.

I'm glad the movie watching part of the experience was too, evening though the film itself was a POS. Thanks for inspiring me to open the following thread:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/off-topic-lounge/299832-worst-movie-youve-seen-ever.html

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

My native language is German. Obviously... so I decided to look for the turning off problem in German.

It seems to be very wide-spread. In this thread for example is a poll in which 50 % of the participants have this problem!

LG G3 schaltet sich ab (Achtung: Neue Umfrage!) - Android-Hilfe.de

The XDA thread is also constantly growing with many people having the same issue with the issue as I have: No word from LG.

Edit: The thread I've linked was closed after 130 pages!!!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

damn, who the hell wrote this?

Well it was inspired by the original version... that was written by... ?

Well, unless you're a literalist that's pretty much how most sects see things. Even though it's been proven genetically that two people couldn't populate the planet without those two people however the whole theology crumbles.

Incest is in many parts of the bible. Most people don't realise that it's there because most haven't really read the thing. As for the contradictions in morals, well, that's all over the place in the bible too. Nothing surprising here.

I wasn't aware of the vegan thing, but I was aware of the pork thing.

A lot of people tend to ignore the 'Old Testament' as it's referred to unless they're trying to justify something as you often see people using bits of it for their own purposes. Most people believe the 'New Testament' overrides the old but that's only because it has the word 'new' in it. Nowhere in the 'new' one is there any statement saying the 'old' one was wrong. There's actually a statement from the main character in the 'new' that he isn't taking away the 'old' laws.

Be free to use the term wishy washy if want. :p

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I wrote the store I bought the G3 from an email. I explained everything to them, that the issue is wide-spread (including forum links), that LG wrote I should send the device in, I don't want to send the device in because the problem is not reproducible, that I am willing to wait for an update if I know there will be an update, and that I won't accept the issue long-term.

Let's see how they respond ;-)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I wrote the store I bought the G3 from an email. I explained everything to them, that the issue is wide-spread (including forum links), that LG wrote I should send the device in, I don't want to send the device in because the problem is not reproducible, that I am willing to wait for an update if I know there will be an update, and that I won't accept the issue long-term.

Let's see how they respond ;-)

Good luck!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm glad the movie watching part of the experience was too, evening though the film itself was a POS. Thanks for inspiring me to open the following thread:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/off-topic-lounge/299832-worst-movie-youve-seen-ever.html

I will have to think very hard about what the worst movie I've seen is. Not sure if I remember which one it would be. There's a few that I didn't like but the worst?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Good luck!

Interestingly, somebody in the XDA thread said amazon.de states that there should be an update fixing the problem. That's true.

F?r das LG G3 ist ein neues Software-Update verf?gbar, welches laut Hersteller das Problem des automatischen Ausschaltens behebt. Das Update kann direkt ?ber das LG G3 in den Einstellungen installiert werden oder mittels der LG PC Suite.

I don't have an update though.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

This developer preview is about to turn into a cluster ****. Why would I want to update to 8.1 DP update 1 if I don't have Cyan yet??? Unless they tailor DP Update 1 to individual phones and bundle the firmware update too???

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

This developer preview is about to turn into a cluster ****. Why would I want to update to 8.1 DP update 1 if I don't have Cyan yet??? Unless they tailor DP Update 1 to individual phones and bundle the firmware update too???

I would update my 8X. Actually I could update it... there's no word of an official 8.1 update anyway.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

In reality this Amazon statement is pretty old, and they don't sell the phone anymore because they have to "examine the product".

It would be very thrilling if there wasn't the problem of the ******* phone turning randomly off ;-)

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I would update my 8X. Actually I could update it... there's no word of an official 8.1 update anyway.

I'm 1 of those with a 1520 on ATT (without bitlocker installed) that got hosed out of Cyan (because of bitblocker) which has been released to those without developer preview.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb