WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu, if you are tired of the G3 and want a OnePlus One let me know...

No need, I really love this phone.

It's fast (sometimes it loads for a moment, sometimes there is a slight lag, it's still faster than the transition animations on Windows Phones, also, due to it running demanding games fluidly it's probably just the not yet perfectly optimized LG launcher, and I only care because other people complain), it opens most apps instantly, regardless whether they are running in background or not, it offers great functionality, it offers great apps, it is beautiful, the LG skin is beautiful, battery life is awesome, the screen is gorgeous, even more on these small bezels, the camera is great even though I hope for an update regarding the low light pictures, the "Quick Window Circle flip" is a very useful cover that looks great which replaces the backplate and hence doesn't make the phone much bigger, with great functionality on the open circle, I'm just amazed by this phone!

...well, sometimes it randomly shuts itself off , but apart from that I mean.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It is still in the original packaging. I don't know if the previous owner used it or not. I haven't gotten around to opening it yet...

Oh, that's cool. Well, let me know your thoughts and a couple of pics don't hurt. :) Almost new is fine. :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Sad news folks. Somebody committed suicide by jumping from one of the Hugh rises nearby where I worked. I was about 5 minutes away from seeing the actual plunge. One of my coworkers did so was just trying to give her some words of encouragement.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Sad news folks. Somebody committed suicide by jumping from one of the Hugh rises nearby where I worked. I was about 5 minutes away from seeing the actual plunge. One of my coworkers did so was just trying to give her some words of encouragement.

I'm very sorry to hear that, I hope she can cope as well as one can under these circumstances.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I thought you did well but some people can be very touchy. I guess we'll see. :p

The worst that can happen is the mods close the thread. And I get a fine in kangaroo court. What Chregu posted was OK in my book.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm very sorry to hear that, I hope she can cope as well as one can under these circumstances.

She'll be OK. We talked, she called her mom and talked to her mom. Her grandpa turned 100 today so I reminded her to go celebrate that and not to take in too much from what she saw. These things happen sadly.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

In a similar but different story I saw someone dive (was going to say jump but it was more like they taking a dip into a swimming pool) in front a train when I was 19. The person was a mere 1m away from me. They didn't look well when I shot a glance at them, they looked spooked, but being Toronto you see weird people all time, kind of like NY. Would guess they might have been on some sort of drug. They tend to jump at the point where the train enters the station because the train is still moving quick. 2 1/2 cars ran over them. Was the oddest thing I ever saw and the reactions of people varied wildly. I think I was in shock for a bit.

I still get chills occasionally when I stand on a train platform. Doesn't matter what type of train platform either.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

In a similar but different story I saw someone dive (was going to say jump but it was more like they taking a dip into a swimming pool) in front a train when I was 19. The person was a mere 1m away from me. They didn't look well when I shot a glance at them, they looked spooked, but being Toronto you see weird people all time, kind of like NY. Would guess they might have been on some sort of drug. They tend to jump at the point where the train enters the station because the train is still moving quick. 2 1/2 cars ran over them. Was the oddest thing I ever saw and the reactions of people varied wildly. I think I was in shock for a bit.

I still get chills occasionally when I stand on a train platform. Doesn't matter what type of train platform either.

That's understandable (I remember see you mention this story in the thread). Perhaps that look you saw was that look of being in-between...in between being caught as to what they were about to do and the look of being in clear and firm choice of what they were about to do).

Rough, rough stuff indeed.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That's understandable (I remember see you mention this story in the thread). Perhaps that look you saw was that look of being in-between...in between being caught as to what they were about to do and the look of being in clear and firm choice of what they were about to do).

Rough, rough stuff indeed.

I was trying to remember if I mentioned this before or not. Been on here too long and I'm starting to repeat stories. :p

It's hard to know what the expression on their face was. I only remember the eyes being a bit wild, hair all out of place like they just woke up, they were wearing white and they looked, for lack of a better word, haunted. Of course this is 20+ years ago so I can have some details mixed but I'm sure about the white and the hair. I seem to recall that their skin seemed like it hadn't seen sun on it in months, real pasty looking. I would compare them to a zombie but that might be a poor comparison.

I'm sure it was a guy but I can't guarantee it. Certain things are a bit blurred.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I was trying to remember if I mentioned this before or not. Been on here too long and I'm starting to repeat stories. :p

It's hard to know what the expression on their face was. I only remember the eyes being a bit wild, hair all out of place like they just woke up, they were wearing white and they looked, for lack of a better word, haunted. Of course this is 20+ years ago so I can have some details mixed but I'm sure about the white and the hair. I seem to recall that their skin seemed like it hadn't seen sun on it in months, real pasty looking. I would compare them to a zombie but that might be a poor comparison.

I'm sure it was a guy but I can't guarantee it. Certain things are a bit blurred.

It is hard to know what the look meant. Still, it is always unfortunate whenever someone reaches that type of decsison.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Changing gears...

I'm still having difficulty remembering a really bad movie. I want to contribute to the thread. :p

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I'm still having difficulty remembering a really bad movie. I want to contribute to the thread. :p

It's pretty hard to think of bad movies, and there are so many. When I thought of another one I remembered The Book of Eli which I despised, but I guess it was the first that sprung to mind because it's also based on worrying Christian propaganda.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm trying really hard to think of bad movies. I've even gone to some websites in hopes of jarring my memory. :/

It's not working unfortunately.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I'm trying really hard to think of bad movies. I've even gone to some websites in hopes of jarring my memory. :/

I noticed something new about my G3. When the cover is closed and I look at a notification and then open the lid, it directly jumps into the app in the same way as pressing the notification in the notification center would. It's very cool and handy!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

What I am finding out is that people have a bit different perception of what is a bad movie and what place they are in the listing. I've seen some of the bad movies listed when I was younger. Some seemed ok for that age I guess as an adult I would find them pretty pathetic. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I noticed something new about my G3. When the cover is closed and I look at a notification and then open the lid, it directly jumps into the app in the same way as pressing the notification in the notification center would. It's very cool and handy!

Your phone sounds way too cool. It's almost depressing in a way. :p

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

What I am finding out is that people have a bit different perception of what is a bad movie and what place they are in the listing. I've seen some of the bad movies listed when I was younger. Some seemed ok for that age I guess as an adult I would find them pretty pathetic. :p

Yeah, that's true. There are movies generally viewed as very bad and I'm quite entertained, then there are movies considered great action flicks that bore me endlessly...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss