WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Yes, but is it productive? Does it benefit the country in any way? These are the questions that never get asked by a lot of citizens. Too many are caught up in the game and forgot what the reasons were in the first place.

I think Peter Townshend pretty much sums up politics in this song.

Last edited:

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

If Sony isn't making a Windows Phone, I will take that HTC W8 perhaps after a long W8. :)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

If Sony isn't making a Windows Phone, I will take that HTC W8 perhaps after a long W8. :)

So the M8 stands for "might" and the W8 stands for "wait", it's amazing how well HTC describes the state of the respective OS with its phones! :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I feel much better today. My throat pain seems to be gone, my head ache is not as bad, well, I'm still lying, let's try to get up.

Weather currently in my part of the UK is sunny, blue sky, some wispy clouds and simply beautiful. :)

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

yesterday on my way to the airport I saw a 500m long advertisement board of LG G3....wanted to take a pic...but the car was going at a speed of 160km/h

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I think Peter Townshend pretty much sums up politics in this song.

I had a suspicion of what song you had posted so I went to my tablet to check and I was right. :)

Unfortunately, I think a large part of the US public get continuously 'fooled'.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

yesterday on my way to the airport I saw a 500m long advertisement board of LG G3....wanted to take a pic...but the car was going at a speed of 160km/h

Were you picking up your 'new' husband. :p Or were you heading off somewhere?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I had a suspicion of what song you had posted so I went to my tablet to check and I was right. :)

Unfortunately, I think a large part of the US public get continuously 'fooled'.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss" is accurate.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss" is accurate.

There's a lot of quotes you can pick out that song that suit politics really well. Funny how there was such a good influx of political music in the 60s, 70s and 80s but it's since disappeared. Sad really.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I usually don't drive faster than 150 km/h (in Germany of course, not in Switzerland, don't do that in Switzerland) because if you drive faster you can watch the gas indicator move down...

I don't think that's that much of a problem in KSA, the gas is probably cheaper?

I've read that it's very dangerous to drive in KSA as there are many accidents with people driving too fast and careless, is that true?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I usually don't drive faster than 150 km/h (in Germany of course, not in Switzerland, don't do that in Switzerland) because if you drive faster you can watch the gas indicator move down...

I don't think that's that much of a problem in KSA, the gas is probably cheaper?

I've read that it's very dangerous to drive in KSA as there are many accidents with people driving too fast and careless, is that true?

What kind of car do you have?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

She posted a while back what the price was. It was ridiculously cheap for fuel in KSA.

She's posted a few times about the accidents that seem to happen very often near her home. I get the feeling it is dangerous to drive there.

You probably missed it because it got lost when Sahib and someone else (the usual suspects) have their 'moments'. :p

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

What kind of car do you have?

I had a Chrysler (Dodge) Neon once, with that you actually didn't want to drive much faster than 150 km/h. It could do it easily, but the car started to feel slightly unstable at this speed.

chrysler-neon-02.jpg

Nowadays I take one of my brother's cars or mostly the one of my mother. I don't own a car anymore, living and working in the same city. She has a Ford C-Max, and this one feels very comfortable at speeds like 180 km/h, but this leads to underestimating the speed and as I said, it soaks the gas tank empty ;-)

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

Do you have Autobahns in KSA???Were you picking up your 'new' husband. :p Or were you heading off somewhere?

I was heading to my university.....it's 8 million sq. meters :p I wanted to take some pictures but then I had to get back home too :( it has an awesome view sight at night!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I was heading to my university.....it's 8 million sq. meters :p I wanted to take some pictures but then I had to get back home too :( it has an awesome view sight at night!

Is your university near the airport or you just pass the airport?

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

I can post some videos :p if you are ok with arms and bodies flying off the car :p
accidents are mainly caused by people under the influence! and drifters of course who start drifting in the middle of the road during traffic hours

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers