WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Nokia/MS may or may not target high end devices in the near future, but I thought the door had been opened, with 8.1, for HTC, Samsung, etc. To release their flagship android phones (as a separate sku) with Win 8.1 installed?

Yes, in other words, duplicates of what they already released locked to carriers... yeah I'm thrilled.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Nokia/MS may or may not target high end devices in the near future, but I thought the door had been opened, with 8.1, for HTC, Samsung, etc. To release their flagship android phones (as a separate sku) with Win 8.1 installed?

Personally, if HTC takes the E8 design, slightly tweak it (Qi), and use that for their Windows phone, it may sell. But they need to update the 8X, 8S and 8XT. There's no reason to fully abandon those. If "Nokia" had ditched some of their phones I could understand that because they've got more phones to maintain. If HTC pulls that, it should be a riot.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Personally, if HTC takes the E8 design, slightly tweak it (Qi), and use that for their Windows phone, it may sell. But they need to update the 8X, 8S and 8XT. There's no reason to fully abandon those. If "Nokia" had ditched some of their phones I could understand that because they've got more phones to maintain. If HTC pulls that, it should be a riot.

This is my other issue with WP. Two years for a major OS update. Sure they say they'll get faster and great but this was a horribly long wait for this. The update is nice but nothing earth shattering.

Mohamed Ashid

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

This is my other issue with WP. Two years for a major OS update. Sure they say they'll get faster and great but this was a horribly long wait for this. The update is nice but nothing earth shattering.

What feature is it that you call "earth shattering"? What did you expect?

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

Here is some pizza 🍕 my mama made!
Sent from my Yellow Minion using Tapatalk

Attachments

• WP_20140731_12_20_16_Raw.jpg
    WP_20140731_12_20_16_Raw.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

There was nothing in there for older phones on a hardware enhancement side of things.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs