WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I bet because you are in densely populated area. cable is only as fast as how many people are on it since people in the area share the connection. if its as bad as you say blame cable tech. DSL doesn't have that limitation since it uses the phone line to transmit the signal

Wat?! That's how it works?! Why would companies have people share the general connection? That seems like going a step backwards to me.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Wat?! That's how it works?! Why would companies have people share the general connection? That seems like going a step backwards to me.

yeah that's how cable internet works. in theory it works well because it uses one connection for your phone/TV/ and internet so they don't have to waste a lot in money in their backbone. it sucks when a lot of people are on at the same time. cable will have that limitation. I know fios donest have that because they use fiber and run a dedicated line to the house.

its not the case for DSL( slower then cable in "theory") or fios

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

yeah that's how cable internet works. in theory it works well because it uses one connection for your phone/TV/ and internet so they don't have to waste a lot in money in their backbone. it sucks when a lot of people are on at the same time. cable will have that limitation. I know fios donest have that because they use fiber and run a dedicated line to the house.

its not the case for DSL( slower then cable in "theory") or fios

Plus I think Wi-Fi in general is really bad at going through walls which causes a lot of my anger at TWC.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Plus I think Wi-Fi in general is really bad at going through walls which causes a lot of my anger at TWC.

depends on the type of wireless gateways use. most or all use the A/B/G/N on either the 2.4 and the 5.0. I know you are using your phone which supports the new AC connection. your router could be defaulting to 2.5 which is good at penetrating walls but the range sucks. if you are good with routers you could check if its like that.

to be honest there is a lot of factors that could be playing into your slow internet :p

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

jBrmXiD.jpg
omg !!!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Just thought I'd say morning and I have to go. Have good day, evening, sleep.

I'm off to Luxembourg.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99