WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFT, look what you've done...started people of features so well that whenever you put an update out it is mass hysteria mixed with excitement mixed with disappointment.

Post approved by Nexus 5

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

I was hoping that how folders look when they're expanded and the actual folders would be two separate features. I wanted sections divided by those bars with names and then folders in those sections.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

MSFT, look what you've done...started people of features so well that whenever you put an update out it is mass hysteria mixed with excitement mixed with disappointment.

Post approved by Nexus 5

Lawl I was thinking the same thing.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Post approved by Nexus 5

Mentally playing "Hysteria" by Def Leppard:)

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

I was imagining the forums were like an elementary school filled with hundreds of little kids and they're each given a new toy that they've been waiting months for. There's shouting and excitement and chaos and it's so loud you can't even hear yourself think.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

I was hoping that how folders look when they're expanded and the actual folders would be two separate features. I wanted sections divided by those bars with names and then folders in those sections.

I keep thinking about this and it makes me a sad panda to see it wasn't what I directed l expected. Thinking I knew what was in the update took whatever little fun there was to be had away.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's why in many ways they're following Apple too much. At least when Apple revs up the hype machine the updates go out quickly afterwards (yes, I know it is a limited number of devices they have to support). I swear, sometimes MSFT treats users like bone dry skin and the updates like lotion...they take so long to release them that when users get them, they lack the overall impact. Sigh.

Post approved by Nexus 5

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

That's why in many ways they're following Apple too much. At least when Apple revs up the hype machine the updates go out quickly afterwards (yes, I know it is a limited number of devices they have to support). I swear, sometimes MSFT treats users like bone dry skin and the updates like lotion...they take so long to release them that when users get them, they lack the overall impact. Sigh.

Post approved by Nexus 5

at least they are updating the devices :/ unlike android where you have to root the devices to sometimes get the updates

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

at least they are updating the devices :/ unlike android where you have to root the devices to sometimes get the updates

It depends on the OEM and how fast their turnaround is. Remember that Android is more hardware driven, that's why. Still, some of the big boys a have gotten much better with their support.

Post approved by Nexus 5

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

It depends on the OEM and how fast their turnaround is. Remember that Android is more hardware driven, that's why. Still, some of the big boys a have gotten much better with their support.

Post approved by Nexus 5

the big boys yes....not the little ones :/

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

the big boys yes....not the little ones :/

Google gives everybody same access to the code. It is up to the carriers and OEM to be timely. HTC posted a beautiful post on this on phone arena last year.

At this point in the contest, they're all the same iOS, WP and Android (and Blackberry too). It is just about what your needs and budget allow you to get.

Post approved by Nexus 5

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So far so good with the N5. If I don't push, the battery is not bad. If I push it, it is typical Nexus...not worth a damn. Gonna test drive this moto x I got - really dislike the all white color - once I unlock it, but first impressions so far has me keeping the N5.

Post approved by Nexus 5

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Still looking to get a burnt orange 930. Price hasn't dropped again yet but the week is still early...

Post approved by Nexus 5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte