WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

All this updates excitement almost makes me want to call the repair guy to see what's up with my 925. I hope it is something repairable. In any event, I'm taking that with me down to AC for the holiday weekend if the GF and I go, simply because in don't see what the praise is about for the N5's camera. While in the bowling alley the colors wrecked havoc on the N5. So far it looks like the OIS helps in overcast conditions, as seen in the pic below. Having said that, see how the light rays kill the shot. The Moto X's camera ain't any better so I knew what I was getting into from the camera end with both of these models...

Post approved by Nexus 5

I'm starting to believe in the android world cameras aren't the selling point so they don't put emphasis on them . It's not a bad shot but the lines do kill the picture

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

All this updates excitement almost makes me want to call the repair guy to see what's up with my 925. I hope it is something repairable. In any event, I'm taking that with me down to AC for the holiday weekend if the GF and I go, simply because in don't see what the praise is about for the N5's camera. While in the bowling alley the colors wrecked havoc on the N5. So far it looks like the OIS helps in overcast conditions, as seen in the pic below. Having said that, see how the light rays kill the shot. The Moto X's camera ain't any better so I knew what I was getting into from the camera end with both of these models...

Post approved by Nexus 5

So I passed on the 32 GB N5 after your posts. The Moto X I will play with for a week or so. It is spoken for someone in the UAE.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Wi-Fi, battery drain, camera, lots of issues cropping up after WP8.1 GDR1.

Sahib, please post updates....

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I passed on the 32 GB N5 after your posts. The Moto X I will play with for a week or so. It is spoken for someone in the UAE.

Lol. If I had the cash I'd have grabbed one. It is close between the N5 and the moto x. Like the screen and the process on the n5 more than the glance and size of the moto x so far. Let's see how I feel after using the moto x daily for a day or two...

Post approved by Nexus 5

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Lol. If I had the cash I'd have grabbed one. It is close between the N5 and the moto x. Like the screen and the process on the n5 more than the glance and size of the moto x so far. Let's see how I feel after using the moto x daily for a day or two...

Post approved by Nexus 5

I like the size of the Moto X - pretty close to my 810 with a case. The N5 felt a tad bit bigger. Screen is okay on the Moto X and yes the N5 screen is pretty amazing. That is why I am intrigued with the G2. Will let you know how that one does.....

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Wi-Fi, battery drain, camera, lots of issues cropping up after WP8.1 GDR1.

Sahib, please post updates....

Well I can't really judge but my 810 and 822 seem to run fine and even better :) the temp files on both are zero for the first time . Uhhhh the camera didn't change cept seem better but it could be a placebo.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm starting to believe in the android world cameras aren't the selling point so they don't put emphasis on them . It's not a bad shot but the lines do kill the picture

I'd disagree. It depends on what you're doing with the camera. The M8's isn't bad if all you're doing is posting on social media or are taking casual shots, both day and in low light. The S5 is tremendous in day light and horrendous at night. The G3 is very good all around, save some washed out issues (see Chregu's snaps). The Z2 is OK but the images are heavily processed. Outside of the 1020, the next best cameras are the 1520, 930/Icon and iPhone 5s, then the G3.

At this point since I use two devices, I don't expect much from a camera on Android. I trust Nokia for my imaging needs.

Post approved by Nexus 5

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Well I can't really judge but my 810 and 822 seem to run fine and even better :) the temp files on both are zero for the first time . Uhhhh the camera didn't change cept seem better but it could be a placebo.

Thanks, post back with battery drain update and I will install it tomorrow....

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I lost some storage but that was due to the Os getting bigger with stuff down from 4.85 to 4.82 not alot but its something up notice

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'd disagree. It depends on what you're doing with the camera. The M8's isn't bad if all you're doing is posting on social media or are taking casual shots, both day and in low light. The S5 is tremendous in day light and horrendous at night. The G3 is very good all around, save some washed out issues (see Chregu's snaps). The Z2 is OK but the images are heavily processed. Outside of the 1020, the next best cameras are the 1520, 930/Icon and iPhone 5s, then the G3.

At this point since I use two devices, I don't expect much from a camera on Android. I trust Nokia for my imaging needs.

Post approved by Nexus 5

Kinda makes you want your other 925 to come back....he, he....I got the other one.....

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Thanks, post back with battery drain update and I will install it tomorrow....
Alright I'll charge my phone to 100 pct tonight and ill see when my drain is . Before this update I would lose 4pct on standby with wifi and data on with email set to " as they arrive" back up set on and location on too ! If I lose more ill notice :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I like the size of the Moto X - pretty close to my 810 with a case. The N5 felt a tad bit bigger. Screen is okay on the Moto X and yes the N5 screen is pretty amazing. That is why I am intrigued with the G2. Will let you know how that one does.....

I like the moto x size wise too...if I had to do it over (and it was just as cheap), I'd have given my friend a moto x instead of the 8x (which she does really like) as her first smart phone for her birthday in June. She likes smaller phones and that would have been a good fit for her.

I first thought the N5 was large but not so much now. The moto x feels smaller but I thought the curve had more depth when it sat in hand as it did. My eyes were probably playing tricks on my hands with the first black moto x I used then. I just don't like this phone in white, that's all.

Post approved by Nexus 5

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I will say this...having used the WP and Android L keyboards for so long have spoiled me. The current stock keyboard is junk in comparison. Too much autocorrect.

Post approved by Nexus 5

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I like the moto x size wise too...if I had to do it over (and it was just as cheap), I'd have given my friend a moto x instead of the 8x (which she does really like) as her first smart phone for her birthday in June. She likes smaller phones and that would have been a good fit for her.

I first thought the N5 was large but not so much now. The moto x feels smaller but I thought the curve had more depth when it sat in hand as it did. My eyes were probably playing tricks on my hands with the first black moto x I used then. I just don't like this phone in white, that's all.

Post approved by Nexus 5

I am the opposite, I like the Moto X in White. But I am getting a black one in on Wednesday and will do a side by side comparison. So in an ironic twist of fate, looks like I still have the OPO available. Let me know if you know someone who wants/needs it.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I will say this...having used the WP and Android L keyboards for so long have spoiled me. The current stock keyboard is junk in comparison. Too much autocorrect.

Post approved by Nexus 5

I wonder how you would react if you use a iOS keyboard :eek:?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Kinda makes you want your other 925 to come back....he, he....I got the other one.....

Not really. I liked using the 925, certainly. If I was going to be a settler I'd would have gotten both the N5 and 925 in 32GB models and called it a day. Hell, if the 1020 were cheaper I'd get that and stomach the slower shot to shot time due to the processor.

But I want a better camera and more importantly, i want chipsets that will age better...like the S800 has a chsnce of doind, espeically on WP8.1. While I will get an iPhone 5S to try out eventually, Nokia fits my needs at this point. So if I decided to go back to WP as my daily driver (I may just be a flip flopper once I get my 930), I've got good internals. A quad core S800 + 2GB in three phones in one's stable isn't bad (Z Ultra, N5 and 930).

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I am the opposite, I like the Moto X in White. But I am getting a black one in on Wednesday and will do a side by side comparison. So in an ironic twist of fate, looks like I still have the OPO available. Let me know if you know someone who wants/needs it.

Well, I know a guy but...

1) He lives in Jamaica (shipping it there like that is no bueno)
2) He just got married

I'll keep you posted if I run into someone. How is the OnePlusOne though?

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb