WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Camera grips do not do well with "dessert" like in your avatar picture. They will do just fine in the desert though:)
On a more serious note, have you checked out stores in Jeddah? Road trip calling....

Lol! In Jeddah?! Now that is 1000kms away from here :p road trip is not calling.... I'm just gonna check in Mursalat(mobile market) tomorrow again! Maybe I'll get an iPhone 5S for 130$ =)) lol!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Lol! In Jeddah?! Now that is 1000kms away from here :p road trip is not calling.... I'm just gonna check in Mursalat(mobile market) tomorrow again! Maybe I'll get an iPhone 5S for 130$ =)) lol!

If you get the iPhone 5S for $130 please send that to me, I am not a iOS fan but other people in the family are:)

greedypnguin

May 11, 2013
Visit site

You know, back where I'm from we have a saying "don't be a Johnny One Note". A johnny one note is someone who always sticks to what they know and holds onto their perspective. This isn't an age thing - it is a way of doing things issue. Most of the regulars here on this thread are under 21. People realize all the regulars here pull for each other, teach each other, and learn from each other. No one holds grudges.

This is a pattern I've seen with you can over the past few weeks, or ever since you've posted...you say something that comes off condescending, you get called on it (whether politely or otherwise), and you dig in, spinning it as right vs wrong/ I'm the victim. Different people have pointed this out, same results. This isn't the first situation that this has happened in.

Penguin, for the record, this is the biggest thread on WPCentral. As a result the mods read every post here. Some of the regular mods who roll through here will delete posts and issue warnings. While people don't hold grudges here, people can see patterns clearly and will avoid those folks who use a problematic approach. No one was ganging up on anyone, in fact, people were trying to be nice and tell you what was up so you can make an informed comment. Where you took it and ran with it was on your own business.

I ain't got no time for this sort of garbage. The next time I have to point this out is the last time. I'll just skip posts from now on, and if this annoys me enough, there is other threads I'll go post on.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

In a sense you were right, in a sense you were wrong. Same goes for everyone. I'd rather close this argument on a mutual agreement because to be frank we're ruining the vibe for everyone else and I never intended to make everyone miserable. Clearly our views are different so let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
You know, back where I'm from we have a saying "don't be a Johnny One Note". A johnny one note is someone who always sticks to what they know and holds onto their perspective. This isn't an age thing - it is a way of doing things issue. Most of the regulars here on this thread are under 21. People realize all the regulars here pull for each other, teach each other, and learn from each other. No one holds grudges.

This is a pattern I've seen with you can over the past few weeks, or ever since you've posted...you say something that comes off condescending, you get called on it (whether politely or otherwise), and you dig in, spinning it as right vs wrong/ I'm the victim. Different people have pointed this out, same results. This isn't the first situation that this has happened in.

Penguin, for the record, this is the biggest thread on WPCentral. As a result the mods read every post here. Some of the regular mods who roll through here will delete posts and issue warnings. While people don't hold grudges here, people can see patterns clearly and will avoid those folks who use a problematic approach. No one was ganging up on anyone, in fact, people were trying to be nice and tell you what was up so you can make an informed comment. Where you took it and ran with it was on your own business.

I ain't got no time for this sort of garbage. The next time I have to point this out is the last time. I'll just skip posts from now on, and if this annoys me enough, there is other threads I'll go post on.

Lol you know, the problem is, the way some people speak English here, you don't know which post would sound perfectly normal to some and extremely offending/condescending to others. I can point out several of yours and others posts which may seem fine to you, but if someone else from a different region reads it, they will find it extremely offending. I'm sure if some people from India, Malay, Thailand or Nepal were regulars here, they would agree with me and tell the person that he started the fight. As penguin said,I also agree to disagree, and let this thread continue in peace.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Lol you know, the problem is, the way some people speak English here, you don't know which post would sound perfectly normal to some and extremely offending/condescending to others. I can point out several of yours and others posts which may seem fine to you, but if someone else from a different region reads it, they will find it extremely offending. I'm sure if some people from India, Malay, Thailand or Nepal were regulars here, they would agree with me and tell the person that he started the fight. As penguin said,I also agree to disagree, and let this thread continue in peace.

I speak Spanish and the English is different too ;) just saying

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Honestly, of all the regulars only me, LMZR and Rue are native English speakers. Everyone else who are consistent regulars English is their second language. Of the group of regulars - India has 3 people, 1 KSA, 1 Swiss, 1 German, 1 Philippino. I could go on and on. But what everyone does do is ask questions whenever people are trying to point out things in a manner that says they are trying to get on the same page. People will tell you if they are kidding or not if you ask politely.

You're the only person of recent memory who has kept putting out this vibe of "i wasn't the one who started the argument". It isn't the first time. Its been the same type deal at for 2-3 instances. This thread is a year old and all the regulars here have been there from the beginning. The thread has such a high post count because a lot of different topics get talked about here. Most of it is quality, hence why a lot of people read it and enjoy it but don't always post or have to feel like they need to. People agree to disagree a lot here, but do so in a healthy manner. You don't have to talk to everyone who posts here, but it is about how you show respect to people by asking questions in a way you're just trying to understand. Part of that means being introspective enough to say " that part was my fault" - not to do so in a cherry picking / assigning blame kinda way, but to show genuine insight and introspection.

Take a moment to Bing/Google/etc "Social Media/Online decorum" and maybe you'll get what I'm saying. I'm not going to try to help you out with this one after today. If I feel I'm seeing the same thing, I'll skip your posts...if I feel you're doing that and it is directed at me, I'll call you out on it. Not holding grudges but I'm just putting what it is out there.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Anyhow, I'm going to get some sleep. I'll thumb through in the morning to see what I've missed.

It has been interesting using a Nexus again as a daily driver for the past two weeks. I've missed WP sometimes, and sometimes I haven't. I need to clean up my contacts though because they look crappy on Android even though it is from the WP email.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Anyhow, I'm going to get some sleep. I'll thumb through in the morning to see what I've missed.

It has been interesting using a Nexus again as a daily driver for the past two weeks. I've missed WP sometimes, and sometimes I haven't. I need to clean up my contacts though because they look crappy on Android even though it is from the WP email.

no matter how much I dislike google I like the nexus line. just something about it

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Honestly, of all the regulars only me, LMZR and Rue are native English speakers. Everyone else who are consistent regulars English is their second language. Of the group of regulars - India has 3 people, 1 KSA, 1 Swiss, 1 German, 1 Philippino. I could go on and on. But what everyone does do is ask questions whenever people are trying to point out things in a manner that says they are trying to get on the same page. People will tell you if they are kidding or not if you ask politely.

You're the only person of recent memory who has kept putting out this vibe of "i wasn't the one who started the argument". It isn't the first time. Its been the same type deal at for 2-3 instances. This thread is a year old and all the regulars here have been there from the beginning. The thread has such a high post count because a lot of different topics get talked about here. Most of it is quality, hence why a lot of people read it and enjoy it but don't always post or have to feel like they need to. People agree to disagree a lot here, but do so in a healthy manner. You don't have to talk to everyone who posts here, but it is about how you show respect to people by asking questions in a way you're just trying to understand. Part of that means being introspective enough to say " that part was my fault" - not to do so in a cherry picking / assigning blame kinda way, but to show genuine insight and introspection.

Take a moment to Bing/Google/etc "Social Media/Online decorum" and maybe you'll get what I'm saying. I'm not going to try to help you out with this one after today. If I feel I'm seeing the same thing, I'll skip your posts...if I feel you're doing that and it is directed at me, I'll call you out on it. Not holding grudges but I'm just putting what it is out there.

Who are the other 2 Indians here? Never met them before! :) Just asking :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism