WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Alright, aside from the spelling, list down all possible differences between Slovenia and Slovakia ;)

There's Wikipedia for that. :p

They're in different parts of the the EU. Slovenia actually has an export economy whereas Slovakia is high income financial based. Slovakia is descended from the Slavs who've been there since 5/6th century and was part of Czechoslovakia, where as Slovenia is a combined culture. Existing near Hungary, Italy and Germany and is influenced by all those cultures. Though I'm pretty confident that the whole of the EU has been influenced by each other. :p

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

There reality aren't many general differences, both were in communist block, language is quite similar, both are central Europe, Slovenia on the south and Slovakia on the east.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

There reality aren't many general differences, both were in communist block, language is quite similar, both are central Europe, Slovenia on the south and Slovakia on the east.

I think most of the regions around there are similar. :) Nothing wrong with that of course. :) Just like Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland are similar. :)

What I find fascinating about Europe is how the food has got around and how the food has taken on a local twist.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Honestly, of all the regulars only me, LMZR and Rue are native English speakers. Everyone else who are consistent regulars English is their second language. Of the group of regulars - India has 3 people, 1 KSA, 1 Swiss, 1 German, 1 Philippino. I could go on and on. But what everyone does do is ask questions whenever people are trying to point out things in a manner that says they are trying to get on the same page. People will tell you if they are kidding or not if you ask politely.

You're the only person of recent memory who has kept putting out this vibe of "i wasn't the one who started the argument". It isn't the first time. Its been the same type deal at for 2-3 instances. This thread is a year old and all the regulars here have been there from the beginning. The thread has such a high post count because a lot of different topics get talked about here. Most of it is quality, hence why a lot of people read it and enjoy it but don't always post or have to feel like they need to. People agree to disagree a lot here, but do so in a healthy manner. You don't have to talk to everyone who posts here, but it is about how you show respect to people by asking questions in a way you're just trying to understand. Part of that means being introspective enough to say " that part was my fault" - not to do so in a cherry picking / assigning blame kinda way, but to show genuine insight and introspection.

Take a moment to Bing/Google/etc "Social Media/Online decorum" and maybe you'll get what I'm saying. I'm not going to try to help you out with this one after today. If I feel I'm seeing the same thing, I'll skip your posts...if I feel you're doing that and it is directed at me, I'll call you out on it. Not holding grudges but I'm just putting what it is out there.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5
If I'm the Filipino you're talking about, I'll point out your simple mistake. It's not really offensive.

By the way, I don't have a clear "second language." I use Filipino more, with some English words thrown in, but I'm more fluent in English.
Now, if you excuse me, there's a certain image that I have to look for.
(QuickEdit: Found it!)
The-more-you-know.jpg

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

If I'm the Filipino you're talking about, I'll point out your simple mistake. It's not really offensive.

By the way, I don't have a clear "second language." I use Filipino more, with some English words thrown in, but I'm more fluent in English.
Now, if you excuse me, there's a certain image that I have to look for.

Interesting. I always thought it was spelled the way MIA did it. Simply because of the way the country name is. Learn something new. :)

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Okay, here's a question to you all.

You know me as the WanderingTraveler, but elsewhere (and I thank character restrictions for a big chunk of this), I'm known as TheWPCTraveler. You know what the WPC in the username stands for.

Should I change my username to TheWPCTraveler instead? I've already made up my mind to change my avatar to Madobe Yū someday, so any suggestions will help.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

I think most of the regions around there are similar. :) Nothing wrong with that of course. :) Just like Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland are similar. :)

What I find fascinating about Europe is how the food has got around and how the food has taken on a local twist.

I would rather live in Sweden or Denmark to be fair. I mean, it's not that horrible but still considerably worse than in north.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I would rather live in Sweden or Denmark to be fair. I mean, it's not that horrible but still considerably worse than in north.

Every place has its good points and bad. Though from a society level I would probably choose them as well.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Okay, here's a question to you all.

You know me as the WanderingTraveler, but elsewhere (and I thank character restrictions for a big chunk of this), I'm known as TheWPCTraveler. You know what the WPC in the username stands for.

Should I change my username to TheWPCTraveler instead? I've already made up my mind to change my avatar to Madobe Yū someday, so any suggestions will help.

Sure. I think I recall you using that name at some point unless I'm mistaken.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Hi all, thought id pop in and catch up. It's getting depressing just how busy I am at work. Still I'd rather be busy than twiddling my thumbs!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Hi all, thought id pop in and catch up. It's getting depressing just how busy I am at work. Still I'd rather be busy than twiddling my thumbs!

Nothing worse than twiddling thumbs. Especially having to choose the direction. :p

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Hi all, thought id pop in and backread. It's getting depressing just how busy I am at school. Still I'd rather be busy than stare at my depressing ambassador stats!

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Eh, screw thought. On a week after the STRONGEST day, I shall change my avatar from 9-san to Madobe Yū. Oh, and I'll change my username to TheWPCTraveler too.

I wonder how many people won't recognize me. (I'm guessing there will be close to none.)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Hi all, thought id pop in and backread. It's getting depressing just how busy I am at school. Still I'd rather be busy than stare at my depressing ambassador stats!

There are days where I think is rather be at school than work then I remember how broke I was. :p

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

@rue, you said county has its own bright and dark spots.

Well the sea is one of the brightest points of Slovenia :D . That I'm there from home in 1 hour and 30 minus is just a bonus :). It is however probably the last day here this year since weather is bad this year.

Attachments

• WP_20140812_001.jpg
    WP_20140812_001.jpg
    717.3 KB · Views: 6

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb