WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I was thinking of replacing my moms laptop with a surface. the only problem is that the surface doesn't have drivers for printers. the work around is to get a wifi enabled printer in order for her to print. I agree they are great to have :)
You could use homegroup. I created one in my PC 💻 which has a wired hp deskjet attached to it, and I can print wirelessly from my laptop 💻. Both PCs are connected to the same network. Does that also require a driver for arm? Just a suggestion, I've never used an rt device.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

You could use homegroup. I created one in my PC �� which has a wired hp deskjet attached to it, and I can print wirelessly from my laptop ��. Both PCs are connected to the same network. Does that also require a driver for arm? Just a suggestion, I've never used an rt device.
yeah I have a print server set up at my desktop. its much easier than a home group ( network admin here) the reason why I haven't changed it to a surface Is because the surface line doesn't have printer drivers ( I think) so I cant print on my surface. that's why I have to use a wireless printer so I can use wifi direct

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I want to do the same but I don't print enough at home, so I'm keeping my simple wired printer...for now...

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

I have an inkjet used mostly for the scanner and a colour laser that my wife uses for her business. Since we use laptops having wireless printers made more sense and you can put them in places that are out of the way. :) Both printers were pretty cheap too so no complaints other than refills...

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

yeah I have a print server set up at my desktop. its much easier than a home group ( network admin here) the reason why I haven't changed it to a surface Is because the surface line doesn't have printer drivers ( I think) so I cant print on my surface. that's why I have to use a wireless printer so I can use wifi direct
Ok 👌 😊 Which brand's printer is your preference right now? :-o :curious:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I like the fact tonners refiles last longer and are cheaper to refill then cartages >.<

We get new cartridges instead of refills. Just easier and cleaner. We found a way around another thing that stops printing by simply cleaning it out and not having to buy a new one. There's this toner dust collector thing. When it's full they recommend replacing I just cleaned it and it works fine. Saved some money.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Ok &#55357;&#56396; &#55357;&#56842; Which brand's printer is your preference right now? :-o :curious:

I don't really care for a printer brand because they all work fine. unless you cheep out and get a cheap Chinese knock off brand. right now im rocking a cannon image class

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

We get new cartridges instead of refills. Just easier and cleaner. We found a way around another thing that stops printing by simply cleaning it out and not having to buy a new one. There's this toner dust collector thing. When it's full they recommend replacing I just cleaned it and it works fine. Saved some money.
I go get the toner to get refiled :) I never had the toner dust collector because I guess its clean and we use it a lot o.o

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I have an inkjet used mostly for the scanner and a colour laser that my wife uses for her business. Since we use laptops having wireless printers made more sense and you can put them in places that are out of the way. :) Both printers were pretty cheap too so no complaints other than refills...

Cool setup. Most days I'd print at worm of I had to print anything but my cheapo at home works well.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Cool setup. Most days I'd print at worm of I had to print anything but my cheapo at home works well.

The inkjet is a Lexmark that cost me ?50. The laser is a colour Samsung that cost ?120. So no complaints. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo