WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Yeah I tend to be doing the drop by approach more often than not lol

So I just discovered the new keyboard for wp 8.1 and I just have to say I love it :)

Bit disappointed that I can't get cortana without getting the dp update 1 :(

I messed with Cortana a couple of times. I set it up to use in the UK but haven't bothered with it since. Unless you have some overwhelming need for it other than the 'neat' factor, it's rather pointless.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Well technically they're all cheap Chinese tablets.... :p

The Tesco one was designed specifically for Tesco to their specs. It got some decent reviews for general use but most wouldn't use it for intensive gaming. Still if a 7" is too small it's not for you anyway.

Yes I can see MIA making statements...

I checked this Hudl(funny name :D ) tablet. Screen is quite good nu as said processor is Chinese, not so bad if it's MediaTek but it could also be RocketChip which isn't very good. But it's cool tablet for the price.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I checked this Hudl(funny name :D ) tablet. Screen is quite good nu as said processor is Chinese, not so bad if it's MediaTek but it could also be RocketChip which isn't very good. But it's cool tablet for the price.

Yeah there were some jokes about the name but it's for the idea of 'huddling' together... not sure how one does that with a 7" tablet...

Here's a good review of it - Tesco Hudl tablet review - Specs, performance, comparisons and camera quality (Wired UK)

They Hudl 2 will be out this year sometime.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well Nexus 10 is a bit old, it's not even sure if it's getting Android L. And Nexus 7 is a bit small. I would love to have the rumored Nexus 9 but 400? is quite a lot of money. I was eyeing the Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 for 300? from DE. Another cheaper option would be LG GPad 10.1, but not for current prices. When price drops to 230? I might be interested :).
Concerning cheap tablets, I'm not doing this again. Those Tesco tablets are probably just renamed cheap Chinese tablets, and I have one of them and believe me, I'm not buying it again. Branded or nothing. It was good for first 2 or 3 months but after that period everything went down the hill.

Z Ultra! Nah, I'm slightly kidding here. If the specs are close, even though the Z Ultra is a year old, it is a good option if you want a really big phone - as long as you don't care about the camera. Personally, the Nexus cameras have always been bad so nothing lost there over the Z ultra.

Plus Sony has been updating it pretty quickly so far...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's not good to hear. :/ Do you think you caught something or just worn out?

Worn out. Yesterday I was so exhausted at work for most of the day...it took me until mid afternoon and a difficult patient to kick the exhaustion (not a fan when women pull the "you've never gotten a period so how can you tell me about cramping in relation to an IUD").

A vacation is needed and I cannot take one for the rest of the year. The GF annoyed me last night because now she doesn't want to go to Atlantic City for labor day weekend at the end of the month. So there goes my vacation.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

A vacation is needed and I cannot take one for the rest of the year. The GF annoyed me last night because now she doesn't want to go to Atlantic City for labor day weekend at the end of the month. So there goes my vacation.

I know Atlantic City is a short trip for you but have you thought of going somewhere else?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Just lazy and now that I have an N5, even less motivated to do it. Maybe I'm just ready now to move on to the newer hardware, at least processor wise.

Ah. I thought the repair people might have hard reset anyway so why not just update but I guess they didn't do that?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ah. I thought the repair people might have hard reset anyway so why not just update but I guess they didn't do that?

Nope, because the reason why I brought it to them was the vibrator doesn't work when put the phone in silent mode and turn the vibrate on. I bought the replacement motor and when they swapped it out, that didn't help. Their diagnostic test showed that there is a motherboard issue.

Everything else works fine. I wanted the vibrator to work so I could sell it as a part of my downsizing to three phones. Now that I cannot sell it, I'll keep it as my spare to the 930 when I get one. I'll probably just use it on weekends.

Shinigami910

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

I messed with Cortana a couple of times. I set it up to use in the UK but haven't bothered with it since. Unless you have some overwhelming need for it other than the 'neat' factor, it's rather pointless.

I kinda want it for a few of the features but not enough to bother with the beta!
I would probably use the location based reminders, the most :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I know Atlantic City is a short trip for you but have you thought of going somewhere else?

That weekend is compounded by a couple of issues - I work that Saturday, so we really cannot do a Friday evening to Monday evening getaway; neither of us drive up here (I can but am too rusty and plan to get my license next year) - that takes away getting to the good alternatives that are car only.

Her nieces from Trinidad are here for s month and since she's the one responsible for them, she's been spending like crazy...so going to like a Boston or something like that isn't happening because I'd have to foot it completely and this month I cannot do that.
Yup. Bummed out. But will deal with it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That weekend is compounded by a couple of issues - I work that Saturday, so we really cannot do a Friday evening to Monday evening getaway; neither of us drive up here (I can but am too rusty and plan to get my license next year) - that takes away getting to the good alternatives that are car only.

Her nieces from Trinidad are here for s month and since she's the one responsible for them, she's been spending like crazy...so going to like a Boston or something like that isn't happening because I'd have to foot it completely and this month I cannot do that.

Yup. Bummed out. But will deal with it.

Well that all puts a damper on things. :/

My nephew and his wife from Australia are coming in October. They're in their mid 20s and can't seem to realise that planning a trip in the EU is a good idea if you want to save money rather than winging it. :p They finally decided to come direct to the UK after getting flights to Turkey. We'll show them around a bit and they can head off on their own too. Then we'll go to France for a week or something then they'll head off on their own again. They're here for some time. Wish I could get that much time off in one shot. :p My company only allows 2 weeks at a time unless there's a good reason. :/

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I kinda want it for a few of the features but not enough to bother with the beta!
I would probably use the location based reminders, the most :)

Ah ok. I haven't really looked into any of that but my life isn't that full that I need all that functionality, which is why Cortana isn't useful of me at this stage.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well that all puts a damper on things. :/

My nephew and his wife from Australia are coming in October. They're in their mid 20s and can't seem to realise that planning a trip in the EU is a good idea if you want to save money rather than winging it. :p They finally decided to come direct to the UK after getting flights to Turkey. We'll show them around a bit and they can head off on their own too. Then we'll go to France for a week or something then they'll head off on their own again. They're here for some time. Wish I could get that much time off in one shot. :p My company only allows 2 weeks at a time unless there's a good reason. :/

Her nieces are 14 and 10 (11 next weekend). She took 3 weeks off in vacation time, but her sister in law's sister screwed up things so the GF has them for all 5 weeks of their vacation. We aren't allowed to do a full month like that. So of course when the GF cries there's no money to go away on her end, there really is no going away.

Atlantic City would have been nice but she pulled out the "I'd rather spend the money other ways" (even though I'd cover the whole trip), so that's that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb