WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The Nexus devices are usually significantly cheaper than the other flagships. I'll just wait and see what happens. I just want a half decent camera to go with the phone. I can wait for the right one. I'm no hurry. :)

Only since Nexus 4 ( or first Nexus 7) ;)
Before Nexuses' carried flagship price tag.
But I'm not in a hurry either so I can wait, maybe even until MS releases Threshold update.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I wouldn't say the L920 has spoiled me. I just believe that cameras can bet a lot better than they currently are. I don't need a 41MP camera like the 1020. If I had a choice I'd take one with optical zoom though (don't mention that horrible Samsung thing). I just want half decent MP and good optics and software. That's not asking too much is it? I'm surprised the Canon hasn't got into the mobile market yet...

Agreed. That's why MSFT looks to milk the current 20MP Pureview for this go around. I think this camera is enough for me at this point.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Just reading the comments on the Samsung Galaxy iPhone, I mean Samsung Galaxy Alpha are hilarious.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Just reading the comments on the Samsung Galaxy iPhone, I mean Samsung Galaxy Alpha are hilarious.

If you can't beat them, join them:) They were accused plenty by Apple of being copycats so now they are being serious about it in a facetious way.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

If you can't beat them, join them:) They were accused plenty by Apple of being copycats so now they are being serious about it in a facetious way.

What's bad are the mindless consumers who go along with this and make such copycat moves OK by buying with their wallets. I see so many Samsung Galaxy S3, S4 and Note 2 and Note 3 daily.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

What's bad are the mindless consumers who go along with this and make such copycat moves OK by buying with their wallets. I see so many Samsung Galaxy S3, S4 and Note 2 and Note 3 daily.

The question is how do you get to know the model :p for me all of them are same! :p

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The question is how do you get to know the model :p for me all of them are same! :p

It's easy. You go based on what combination of needs you have and by how the device feels in hand. I'm not a fan of TouchWhiz, even though in like their hardware. Their plastics never bothered me.

Personally, I like the look of the Alpha, but wouldn't own one. I have other choices that fit me better, especially from Sony.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

What are the Phablets that is coming out this year(Q3 and Q4) that worth buying? Regardless of the OS?

Note 4; if there is a successor to the 1520 (which I do t see the need for because the OS hasn't ciaght up to the current t hardware of offer anything that optimizes it for large phones); HTC One Max...that G3 with a stylus, etc...we won't know until the hardware is launched.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I see that the US carriers are going to make a mess of WP again for everyone. How nice. Aside from the carriers being a pain it's crap like that which reduces WP in the eyes of buyers. Carrier specific phones are such a crap move.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I've said for months that the single reason why the Note series sells is that Samsung has matched hardware with function. Even if you don't like the skin, there is balance with the form and the function. S pen does have apps that use it. The split screen actually is useful. The good camera works for scanning, shooting video, etc.

No one has matched form with function yet in the phablet range outside of Smasung. My Z Ultra can use a pen or pencil for not taking, but outside of that, there is nothing the optimizes the screen from a software perspective. Nokia didn't do that either for the 1520, most likely because the OS hasn't allowed it yet. Not sure of the need for a successor when there isn't much to succeed.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I've said for months that the single reason why the Note series sells is that Samsung has matched hardware with function. Even if you don't like the skin, there is balance with the form and the function. S pen does have apps that use it. The split screen actually is useful. The good camera works for scanning, shooting video, etc.

No one has matched form with function yet in the phablet range outside of Smasung. My Z Ultra can use a pen or pencil for not taking, but outside of that, there is nothing the optimizes the screen from a software perspective. Nokia didn't do that either for the 1520, most likely because the OS hasn't allowed it yet. Not sure of the need for a successor when there isn't much to succeed.

Making a 1530 is pointless until they release threshold. That would be the true phablet system for them. They say it's coming in spring. I wonder how true that is...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I see that the US carriers are going to make a mess of WP again for everyone. How nice. Aside from the carriers being a pain it's crap like that which reduces WP in the eyes of buyers. Carrier specific phones are such a crap move.

The problem has been that the big two - AT&T and Verizon - can go to an OEM and get a good enough deal because their cash can cover even flops. HTC and Verizon have been tight for years, so it is no surprise that the W8 lands there first. I find it interesting that within the last year VZW has gotten 3 exclusives - Lumia Icon, Ativ SE and W8, to AT&T's 2: Lumia 1020 and 1520.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6