WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

That's why I don't have a printer in my room :p. It's in my old room though. But cartridges are expensive as hell, for black and color cartridge I paid today 75? :O
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

That's why I don't have a printer in my room :p. It's in my old room though. But cartridges are expensive as hell, for black and color cartridge I paid today 75€ :O

meh ! I still need a printer :) I wish I didn't but I guess that's how life is ;)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

One way around is to stuff all the bands in even though the phone is carrier locked, that way when you finally unlock it the phone can work on any network ala Apple or even most Samsungs and LGs these days...even Sony I believe does that.

Sony's unlocked high end models have all the bands since the Z Ultra. This includes the Z Ultra, Z1, Z1Compact, and Z2.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think one strategy needs to be to sell unlocked versions directly (ala Google or OnePlus One) which support every freaking GSM band possible. VZW can have its weird CDMA/GSM versions and ATT can do what it wants - like remove wireless charging from the 1520. This way people who want to use a phone sans the carrier subsidies can do what they want....

Carriers won't allow it as there is no way to make money from that.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Carriers won't allow it as there is no way to make money from that.

I'm thinking that in a few years subsidies from the carriers will die out. I bet that Sprint is going to get into a price war with TMO and that will drag the other two into a price war as well. That will finally mean unlocked devices for everyone, hopefully.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm thinking that in a few years subsidies from the carriers will die out. I bet that Sprint is going to get into a price war with TMO and that will drag the other two into a price war as well. That will finally mean unlocked devices for everyone, hopefully.

You're hoping for a lot there. It depends if tgryvall adopt a similar style standard for the phones. If everyone uses the same radios (but lock things based on specifically by network) maybe your dream can happen.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Well tmobile / AT&T / Verizon all use the same 700 MHz band . Sure they are different, since one is the upper , middle and lower band . They could one day be getting the same phones because we are moving to VoLTE. One band to rule them all :) 99 dream may not be far off :)

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Damm, I kind of feel sorry for you in USA. We have all phones unlocked by the law now for like 7 years, even if they are sold on contract.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

For the record, I don't like people who ask me for directions, and because they don't like the directions, start telling me how to get there.

So why the $%&! did you ask me for directions?

The GF has this same habit of asking for confirmatory advice by using exploratory questions. It is immensely annoying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99