WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

>.< then there won't be a point to buy it. I rather buy a 925 because that's more of a upgrade for me

How is a 925, outside of price, an upgrade? You're getting a better camera and SD for apps as well as pictures. You're just sacrificing a better screen (it's the same screen) and less internal storage.

And you know Nokia hasn't made a true world phone since the 808 right?

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

How is a 925, outside of price, an upgrade? You're getting a better camera and SD for apps as well as pictures. You're just sacrificing a better screen (it's the same screen) and less internal storage.

And you know Nokia hasn't made a true world phone since the 808 right?

because the 925 already proved itself. the 830 is going to be new and going to have its share of bugs. for that ill go for something like the 925 over the 830 :/. tmobile burned itself the moment it EOLd it after 6 months. I don't want to spend money on something that might be screwed over.
I bought my 810 with my own money thinking " yeah this is a good phone that will get updates later on" I can do the same thing when the 830 comes out but if it goes down the 810 ill stay clear

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

because the 925 already proved itself. the 830 is going to be new and going to have its share of bugs. for that ill go for something like the 925 over the 830 :/. tmobile burned itself the moment it EOLd it after 6 months. I don't want to spend money on something that might be screwed over.
I bought my 810 with my own money thinking " yeah this is a good phone that will get updates later on" I can do the same thing when the 830 comes out but if it goes down the 810 ill stay clear

OK. I get where you're coming from. However:

1) you'd better buy your 925 unlocked if that's the case. Not t-mo unlocked, factory unlocked. Which means no LTE. I have one of those, and while fast, the T-Mobile model is fast. Remember, Nokia has never made a WP world phone and I doubt they'd do it for the 830.

2) If the 810 is still serviceable, you can wait. No one says you have to buy at launch.

Just saying. If the 830 pans out specs wise to what is leaked, then it is an upgrade over the 925. If you want a 925 so bad, you're free to buy mine for a discount.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I should channel my inner sahib and post a ton of stuff, but somehow I don't feel like talking to myself tonight.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Just went to check in the 930's prices...now $560, included shipping. This is getting really good for me...I'll give it another month and if it gets to $480 including shipping (which is where the 1520 is right now), I'll pull the trigger.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Android users, what are you thoughts on the Galaxy note series?

What do you mean? The Note 3 is the best phablet on the market. Not because of software but how chock full of functionality it has...and useful functionality at that. I feel the S line since the S3 has gotten the gimmicks and the Note line has taken the DNA from the S2 to be the more practical line - less gimmick, more stuff that works.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Good morning!

I ended up accidentally starting a flame war on AndroidCentral, and I tried to put the fire out, so I could stop the flood of notifications in my email.

I recognize it was my fault, though. It was entirely my fault. For clicking on the article and reading it and putting out my thoughts for everyone to see.

*sobs*

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb