WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Hmm. My last post reminded me of one of the pet peeves I have with anime.

Why the heck is there so much broken English in the OP/ED themes? (Chu-2-byo is at least acceptable because of how chuunibyou impacts people.)

Oh, well.

Kazashimo

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

My mother will be my 8th person to convert to Windows Phone if she switches today. I'll start checking for my commission from MSFT in the mail 😏

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Why the heck is there so much broken English in the OP/ED themes? (Chu-2-byo is at least acceptable because of how chuunibyou impacts people.)

Oh, well.

Not everyone knows how to translate it well, and there are some things in Japanese there is no English translation for.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

Kazashimo

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

Finally got my Cortana tee. I was in the Windows store, at The Woodlands Mall making all the employees with purple Cortana shirts jealous of my Belifore shirt.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Not everyone knows how to translate it well, and there are some things in Japanese there is no English translation for.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5
I don't mean broken translations (besides, I drop subs as soon as I can't tolerate how bad they end up translating it), but the opening/ending themes literally have broken English in them.

I'm not someone who's in any position to criticize, though.

...And out goes the windows the intent of post this.

(By the way, the last sentence may have caused quite a bit of a misunderstanding. Let me clear that up:
Chu-2-byo refers to the light novels that KyoAni managed to split into two seasons of anime. I recommend watching the first, and reading the second light novel. I have absolutely no idea why KyoAni botched the second season after doing a relatively good job with the first.
Chuunibyou refers to what may be called "eighth-grade syndrome."

In this instance, I was referring to the broken English that the two chuunibyou in the cast, well, four, really, throw out during their delusions.)

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Lol, I lost Cortana last night... Changed my region to DL Tentacles... Got her back when i reverted my region back to US though.

It's been a long week, and it's not even Friday yet -_-

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Oh, well.

Check your post on the banned thread 😃

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Lol, I lost Cortana last night... Changed my region to DL Tentacles... Got her back when i reverted my region back to US though.

It's been a long week, and it's not even Friday yet -_-
>DL Tentacles
>I've seen enough h-stuff to know where this is going
>hehehe.gif

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

In case anyone's still interested here's my rig:

Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VI HERO Intel Z87 Socket 1150 Motherboard
CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K Quad Core Retail CPU (Socket 1150, 3.40GHz, 6MB, Haswell, 84W, Intel Graphics, BX80646I74770, 4th Generation Intel Core, Turbo Boost Technology 2.0)
RAM: G.Skill RipJawsX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 PC3-14900C10 1866MHz Dual Channel Kit
Storage: Samsung F3 HD103SJ 1TB - Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Series Pro 128GB 2.5 inch SATA Solid State Drive - SSD (Main OS Drive)
Graphics: ASUS Radeon R9 280X DirectCU II TOP 3GB / R9280X-DC2T-3GD5
CPU Cooler: 140mm NH-U14S Noctua Slim U-Series Intel LGA1155/1156/2011 &AMD FM1/FM2/AM3+/AM3/AM2+ CPU cooler
Case: Coolermaster Storm Sniper (Black Edition)
Case Fan (Exhaust): Noctua NF-F12PWM Case Fan 120 mm (will get more 200mm fans when Noctua come out with theirs)
Display: Dell U2713HM AH-IPS Display with a native resolution of 2560x1440

This starts up from cold in 8 seconds - I need a good, quick rig because as a graphic designer I need to use big files and need responsiveness to do that work all the time.

Yeah, rub it in... :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99