WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

It's a dismal situation, mostly due to no real hardware releases and slow moving OS updates. Turns people off. Simple. Now MS has to work harder... great. :p

to be honest apple only updates their ios once a year :/ while msft updates like 3 times a year but the roll out is so damn slow

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

to be honest apple only updates their ios once a year :/ while msft updates like 3 times a year but the roll out is so damn slow
Solution-just use PFD :) But you are right, normal people wouldn't know how to, I think the carrier system has to be removed completely.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

No,I like people who are creative, differently innovating(at least more than the others) and are not a one trick pony(Apple). I think MS nailed it for me with live tiles, start screen background with a parallax effect, folders, fast updates, file explorer, and WP 8.1. Apps also is not a problem in India anymore. So I see no reason as to why I should go after anything else.

I think Apple was more than a one trick pony and I'm not sure about your opinion on MS. But to each their own. I don't have the same rose coloured glasses.

The only Google service I use is youtube, tho only because a major portion of the population uses it. There is nothing special about the service, and I only wish google hadn't bought it. Dailymotion/ Vimeo can be a competitor in the future tho.

.Google tries to be innovative but it sometimes fails miserably. Sometimes it doesn't. To some it's all about the information thing.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't think that's 100% true. They do one major update a year but do bug fixes like MS, ie GDRs. I'd rather one quick update a year over the two years waiting for WP8.1

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I said it once and I will say it again... msft forget the US. let it die. move on other parts of the world that are doing better.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I don't think that's 100% true. They do one major update a year but do bug fixes like MS, ie GDRs. I'd rather one quick update a year over the two years waiting for WP8.1

same here. if I may say something. IOS updates my pervious phones slower and slower >.<. unlike these updates my 810 still runs and runes even better after 2 years . I cant say the same thing for the 4s

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

I think Apple was more than a one trick pony and I'm not sure about your opinion on MS. But to each their own. I don't have the same rose coloured glasses.

.Google tries to be innovative but it sometimes fails miserably. Sometimes it doesn't. To some it's all about the information thing.
Actually I said that because there has been no drastic change in iPhone since 2007. The only new feature in this year's iPhone will be a bigger screen, and continuity, which we already have on WP and Android. Apple is the one catching up now. They kept on saying that"3.5 inches is the perfect screen size" for years until iPhone 5. I bet next year they will introduce a stylus(Which Steve jobs originally mocked) and people will go crazy over it just because of the Apple logo.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Actually I said that because there has been no drastic change in iPhone since 2007. The only new feature in this year's iPhone will be a bigger screen, and continuity, which we already have on WP and Android. Apple is the one catching up now. They kept on saying that"3.5 inches is the perfect screen size" for years until iPhone 5. I bet next year they will introduce a stylus(Which Steve jobs originally mocked) and people will go crazy over it just because of the Apple logo.
Oh and I forgot, they finally added text prediction after 7 years lol even my old Symbian had that.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

There will always be people who will hate no matter what company makes, always. I don't find stylus very useful for me but it might be cool for someone. And if you ask me, MS wasn't very innovative this days, after 4 years that are still catching up. Sure there are things like Cortana and maps on WP but they are just a version of maps on Android and IOS. The lack of HW for WP is huge, you have low end and that's it, apart 2 or 3 higher midrange and high end devices.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb