WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I want to see your tile layout translated into a three-column layout.

(Meaning: I want to see your tiles in a WP7-esque manner, so please switch to a three-column layout and hack away)

I've thought about that. Tell you what: Once I get the 930, I'll post my home screen. Just too lazy right now to mess with my 925's at this point.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Nothing exciting to report. Oh, the GF and I may end up going to Atlantic City after all.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Morning folks. Nothing exciting to report. Oh, the GF and I may end up going to Atlantic City after all.

That's a nice change. :) Might not be exciting but at least you may have something to look forward to. :)

Do you do any sort of gambling while there or is it just the 'getting' away bit?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Just noticed my calendar is a bit out of whack on my phone. :/ I'll have to sort out once I get home as I can't do anything about now.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's a nice change. :) Might not be exciting but at least you may have something to look forward to. :)

Do you do any sort of gambling while there or is it just the 'getting' away bit?

We do the slots usually. The routine is not to spend a lot of money gambling. I usually do like $60 in slots. The GF is about the same. She likes the cheapest slot machines and we spend much of the time people watching and trolling for those. We may also hit the outlet and a couple of restaurants. I was trying to get a better deal last night and didn't see it. So I'll just make the booking when I get to work. It'll be just an overnight trip...if she was off the Tuesday after labor day, that would have been nice. Of course we get some grown up time in and if I get the hotel I like (blind booking to get the deal), it has a fitness center she likes so she can get a work out in.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Question: has anyone used that Microsoft offer to upgrade their PC from an older OS to Windows 8? I bought one during the promotion and I've decided to use it.

If I do that, will it wipe my HDD? While I do need to sit and do some data cleaning, I want to put that off for as long as possible.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Question: has anyone used that Microsoft offer to upgrade their PC from an older OS to Windows 8? I bought one during the promotion and I've decided to use it.

If I do that, will it wipe my HDD? While I do need to sit and do some data cleaning, I want to put that off for as long as possible.

I did the upgrade to both mine and my wife's without wiping anything. I think you had the option to do a clean install if you wanted to.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Good. I was just reading and thought I had to wipe. If I did, I'd have waited and gone from XP to 8 to 8.1 to Threshold in one weekend.

I'll pick a few evenings next month and make the jump. I ordered a pair of USB flash drives to use as back ups for both my desktop and my T100. I plan to do a full factory reset for the T100 since the music, video, mail, people and calendar apps got useless all of a sudden during the spring.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Do you have 8.1 or 8?

It would be 8, because that's when MSFT was offering the promotional upgrade. I have a bare bones kit I built when the old AMDs rule the roost. The upgrade assistant said I can run it just fine.

That's why I said if I had to wipe, I'd go from XP to 8 to 8.1 to threshold.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It would be 8, because that's when MSFT was offering the promotional upgrade. I have a bare bones kit I built when the old AMDs rule the roost. The upgrade assistant said I can run it just fine.

That's why I said if I had to wipe, I'd go from XP to 8 to 8.1 to threshold.

The upgrade to W8.1 is easy once you have 8 installed and is definitely worth it. :) I know you have the T100 so probably know this already.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The upgrade to W8.1 is easy once you have 8 installed and is definitely worth it. :) I know you have the T100 so probably know this already.

Yeah, I figured everything is easier after upgrading to 8.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I like NYC in the summer time. We didn't have any temps that triggered heat advisories so far. While I'm glad in one sense, it is another sign to me that the environment is in trouble.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I like NYC in the summer time. We didn't have any temps that triggered heat advisories so far. While I'm glad in one sense, it is another sign to me that the environment is in trouble.

The environment is a complete and utter mess and unfortunately there is very loud minority group (backed by an ignorant populace and money) saying there's nothing wrong. Unfortunately a lot of these people have capital interest at heart and a firm belief (note the word belief) that 'everything' will work out just fine.

My wife and I have discussed a few times on how maybe the green movement has screwed up with using the slogan, 'Save the planet'. It's should have been more like this - 'Save the planet to save yourself'. Maybe that might have hit home a bit more.

The Earth will continue on it's merry way, whether we're on it or not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6