WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

In times of turmoil is when you see the ugliest side of humanity. I guess this past few years haven't been that great in general.

As for racism, it exists everywhere. Some places are just easier to point at.

If you happen to be on the other side (which like MSFTisMIA, I am) it is very easy to spot subtle racism - how you end up getting a lousy table at a restaurant or why your food comes out cold and 40 minutes after you place the order, whereas the people seated at the adjacent table showed up 20 minutes after you were seated and are already enjoying the meal! Heck I saw that at a pizza joint last Saturday....there are plenty of other instances where your money is not as cool as someone else's....and I agree with N_LaRUE, we are after all the same inside, evolution has made us who we are on the outside, the sooner we learn that, the better we will all be off as a race...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Sahib, you got music to listen to again:

Band Played On - Joe Walsh

Give you a hint, the boat references are a metaphor akin to the state of humanity...kinda in the same vein of the conversation Rue and I have been having these last few posts.

I'm giving you a hint because if you only come back talking about a boat, I'll unfriend you for a week.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

If you happen to be on the other side (which like MSFTisMIA, I am) it is very easy to spot subtle racism - how you end up getting a lousy table at a restaurant or why your food comes out cold and 40 minutes after you place the order, whereas the people seated at the adjacent table showed up 20 minutes after you were seated and are already enjoying the meal! Heck I saw that at a pizza joint last Saturday....there are plenty of other instances where your money is not as cool as someone else's....and I agree with N_LaRUE, we are after all the same inside, evolution has made us who we are on the outside, the sooner we learn that, the better we will all be off as a race...

There's only one race...the human race. While it is hard to wipe away 400+ years of the chattel slavery mindset on both sides, it'll take everyone rallying together to pull their part to do so.

Show you a subtle example. There is a Portuguese seafood joint in Newark I found and the GF loves to go whenever she visits me. Its in the Ironbound district, a nice part of Newark that has a ton of Spanish and Portuguese tapas and seafood places. This particular restaurant has a very nice, homey feel. I know they don't get a lot of blacks in there. They may get the ocassional Hispanic, but they usually get Portuguese, Spanish and whites. I never forget the eyes we got when we went the first time one a Sunday afternoon. But we enjoyed the food and let how we handled ourselves there speak for us. Now whenever we walk in, we get less eyes and the wait staff, virtually unchanged, treats us no different than their other customers.

Were they treating us differently the first few times? Not necessarily, but they were watching us for sure. When we got the guy whose English wasn't so great but we treated him kindly and tipped him because his service was good. We go back because we like the food and the service is nice.

People on our side of the fence have to work twice as hard to fight too sets of stereotypes: the uncivilized (whatever racially insult word) and the "they're not like the uncivilized etc because we know them". Most of us are normal folks like the other side, but those who benefit from keeping the propaganda machine and racism running always reinforce the stereotypes and division.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm a white guy and I've had that happen to me a few times as well. Sometimes just the way you dress can make people take a dislike to you but I do know it's different in the circumstances we've been discussing. I will never understand what people go through just because they were born with a skin colour different to mine.

Part of the reason why I like travelling is to experience different places. Put myself in awkward positions. To be the outsider. To feel different. Though I know it's not the same.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Is it a different model than the one on the website?

No same one, but the 64GB is only available in Black and the 16GB is in white. Right now they are only selling these via invite system as they figure out their ramp rate and their supply chain, not to mention their sales forecast issues...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

No same one, but the 64GB is only available in Black and the 16GB is in white. Right now they are only selling these via invite system as they figure out their ramp rate and their supply chain, not to mention their sales forecast issues...

Odd. The one on the site looks like all screen but the image you show has that bit on the bottom. That's why I was asking. Is this possibly an earlier design?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte