WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I believe that. I was planning asking Renault Slovenia if they have any job in parts storage near me for summer next year. This would be my best bet, to try find connections so I would be able to work in a Renault factory 50km from me.
Btw. How it with summer jobs in UK? Could you just go there and you would find a job or is it hard to get anything.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk

It sort of depends what you want to do and where you want to work.

There's a few problems in the UK at the moment with youth unemployment being an issue and then there's a problem with slavery workers as well so it can be risky for foreign workers if you don't know who you're dealing with.

My suggestion would be to make connections with someone in the UK who would be able to help you get a good job but be wary of the person you're dealing with.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

So Germany might be my better bet since my mums aunt lives there so they could help me. They even said that they need young engineers there.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So Germany might be my better bet since my mums aunt lives there so they could help me. They even said that they need young engineers there.

I'm not sure how things work with education in your country but do you have any engineering skills already?

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

I'm not sure how things work with education in your country but do you have any engineering skills already?

No I don't. I have 2 more years of high school and than at least 4 years of university. So I won't be finished with school for 6 years. In the summer I would do anything, just to earn some money.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

No I don't. I have 2 more years of high school and than at least 4 years of university. So I won't be finished with school for 6 years. In the summer I would do anything, just to earn some money.

Maybe by next year here in the UK could be better. The issues that are current may not be the same in a year or two year time.

However, having family around is always a good idea. I always wished I had relatives living somewhere else to go visit or stay with. I had to wait and travel myself. Now I'm the relative living overseas but my whole family (from Canada) are wimps. :p

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Well as I hear Canada isn't really country from which you would try to escape but more county you would like to go :). Anyway, I hope this financial situation gets better in coming years.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well as I hear Canada isn't really country from which you would try to escape but more county you would like to go :). Anyway, I hope this financial situation gets better in coming years.

LOL! Not so much about escaping as it is about a desire to travel. :)

I've always had itchy feet and I was always curious about what was around the corner. Even when I was young. I was always adventurous.

Funny thing to tell you though. When I was back in Canada over Christmas holidays I never felt so out of place. Didn't help that my family lives in the suburbs either. LOL! It's weird feeling like a stranger in a place you spent a large part of your life in. My wife and I even had people staring at us in the local shopping center because we looked out of place. :p

In Toronto and other parts we went to it wasn't so bad though as they're more used to people dressing differently. :p

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Boy it is harder to get out of bed these days. I'm working to right the ship but so far, no luck.

I'm glad I moved. I started to feel out of place in my own way back home. More importantly, I felt like the opportunities were too few and far between. Sometimes, living in a different environment helps to figure out who you are a little bit faster...

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Boy it is harder to get out of bed these days. I'm working to right the ship but so far, no luck.

I'm glad I moved. I started to feel out of place in my own way back home. More importantly, I felt like the opportunities were too few and far between. Sometimes, living in a different environment helps to figure out who you are a little bit faster...

Aye, getting yourself out of your comfort zone is a great way to temper yourself.

Want doesn't kill you may make you stronger, after all. I'm not asking you to gamble excessively, but don't play it safe all the time.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Ah, parents.

I recognize they're important, but...I really should take my time to understand them, no?

There's nothing wrong with parents as they're a good idea to have around when your younger and having someone to talk to when your older. However, at 20ish, having parents around is a bit of a drag on a party. IMO

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

LOL! Not so much about escaping as it is about a desire to travel. :)

I've always had itchy feet and I was always curious about what was around the corner. Even when I was young. I was always adventurous.

Funny thing to tell you though. When I was back in Canada over Christmas holidays I never felt so out of place. Didn't help that my family lives in the suburbs either. LOL! It's weird feeling like a stranger in a place you spent a large part of your life in. My wife and I even had people staring at us in the local shopping center because we looked out of place. :p

In Toronto and other parts we went to it wasn't so bad though as they're more used to people dressing differently. :p

Sure, in bigger cities people are used to many different things and/or they don't really care for people around :)
In smaller town or even worse, in villages where everybody knows everybody you do look quite out of place for them if they have never seen you.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Aye, getting yourself out of your comfort zone is a great way to temper yourself.

Want doesn't kill you may make you stronger, after all. I'm not asking you to gamble excessively, but don't play it safe all the time.

Experiencing life is what makes you stronger and more well rounded. Only those who refuse to live are the ones who fail. Nothing worse than feeling trapped, smothered or confined.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

There's nothing wrong with parents as they're a good idea to have around when your younger and having someone to talk to when your older. However, at 20ish, having parents around is a bit of a drag on a party. IMO
Yeah. I like having my dad around because he's the most level head around in the house, and his stories have always been a big help (plus, they're actually entertaining.)

My mom on the other hand...

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

I keep realizing that I don't listen to my own advice, so I keep reminding myself that I should.

The problem is that I don't listen to my own advice...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Sure, in bigger cities people are used to many different things and/or they don't really care for people around :)
In smaller town or even worse, in villages where everybody knows everybody you do look quite out of place for them if they have never seen you.

I just didn't follow the same fashion as the locals. :p I don't dress suburban. :p

The place where my family currently lives is what's known as a satellite city to Toronto. It's fairly large but a bit more laid back when it comes to fashion. :p I never seen so many people wearing sweat/track/jogging pants. o_O

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I keep realizing that I don't listen to my own advice, so I keep reminding myself that I should.

The problem is that I don't listen to my own advice...

The young person's dilemma. :p Then again, it's a constant life struggle to be honest. :p LOL! Well, for some of us. :p Depends how much risk you want to take.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

The young person's dilemma. :p Then again, it's a constant life struggle to be honest. :p LOL! Well, for some of us. :p Depends how much risk you want to take.
Well, for me, the problem is that I end up diving into situations without thinking at all. Sometimes it works (WPCentral Forums), sometimes it doesn't (my, er, piteous excuse for a confession).

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well, for me, the problem is that I end up diving into situations without thinking at all. Sometimes it works (WPCentral Forums), sometimes it doesn't (my, er, piteous excuse for a confession).

So where did you go wrong? I find on the internet and in life there are times when you just will never win or regardless of what you say it will always be wrong.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You know, I had this weird feeling about visiting the Statue of Liberty and in particular Ellis Island's Immigration Museum. Now, don't get me wrong, it was a very good history lesson, especially since yesterday I really got a chance to see most of the Immigration museum. But as I walked through it all, the sense of "some of this stuff applies to me" wasn't as strong as "at least these folks who emigrated had it easier than the folks who looked like me".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte