WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So I just read a thread about a guy giving up the L930 for a Nexus 5 and is really happy. Then as I kept reading, there's more and more people talking about leaving.

Sad really but it's a reflection of reality. People are just fed up I think. WP8.1 and update 1 are really nothing special. The latest hardware is nothing special and it seems this year they won't release anything that will make people who want a flagship phone to wait any longer.

It's looking more and more like I might be joining them.

Giving up a 930 for an N5? Couldn't he have sent me the 930?

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

I'm interested to see how much worse will HTC ONE W8 sell compared to M8. But it will be the best WP device to date. Camera might be worse than in L930 but it will be faster.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The guy with the L930 seems to have similar issues that I have currently.

Battery is horrible.
HERE maps is average at best.
Phone gets hot.
Screen is average.
Hardware is average.

Let's face it. L930 is average all around. If you're happy with that then it's a great phone but it's no flagship.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So I just read a thread about a guy giving up the L930 for a Nexus 5 and is really happy. Then as I kept reading, there's more and more people talking about leaving.

Sad really but it's a reflection of reality. People are just fed up I think. WP8.1 and update 1 are really nothing special. The latest hardware is nothing special and it seems this year they won't release anything that will make people who want a flagship phone to wait any longer.

It's looking more and more like I might be joining them.

Well as long as you come back to this thread that would be super! I am loving my 925, great device and I still like how WP operates despite the app gap. I have everything I use on my N7 on the device. But I understand everyone has different priorities. If you want an N5 let me know.....I have it on sale on the sister site AndroidCentral...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

The guy with the L930 seems to have similar issues that I have currently.

Battery is horrible.
HERE maps is average at best.
Phone gets hot.
Screen is average.
Hardware is average.

Let's face it. L930 is average all around. If you're happy with that then it's a great phone but it's no flagship.

HERE Maps works for me quite well in Ireland and India:)
Battery is so-so on my 925
Phone does get hot
Screen is actually quite nice
Hardware is okay for my needs, the camera is pretty damn good....
Used iPhone 5S still costs about $400 for 16GB version, used good N5 still costs about $280 for 16G. I got the 925 for about half of the N5.....

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well as long as you come back to this thread that would be super! I am loving my 925, great device and I still like how WP operates despite the app gap. I have everything I use on my N7 on the device. But I understand everyone has different priorities. If you want an N5 let me know.....I have it on sale on the sister site AndroidCentral...

I would have taken a N5 some time ago but now I'm waiting for something newer. I'm sure it's a nice device and all but I'm not ready quite yet for something different. I'm happy to wait. WP is ok and I have my N7 to get me out of trouble, hell, it works with my work's WiFI where my WP doesn't. Can't complain really. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

HERE Maps works for me quite well in Ireland and India:)
Battery is so-so on my 925
Phone does get hot
Screen is actually quite nice
Hardware is okay for my needs, the camera is pretty damn good....
Used iPhone 5S still costs about $400 for 16GB version, used good N5 still costs about $280 for 16G. I got the 925 for about half of the N5.....

I had issues with HERE maps while travelling around in the EU so was a bit disappointing. Then it was stubborn with me to. :p
My battery has been better since I killed it that time. I'm sure that's what did it. I recommend killing your battery to fix it. Honest.
My screen is getting the yellow spots so not so nice now.
Well L925 is two years old almost so it should be cheap. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)