WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Now, at the site I use, unlocked the $1020 is $400 and the $1520 is $480. So of course I'd buy the 1520. (The 930 is still $550). I don't know if I'd buy a 1020 brand new - kinda doubt it - but used and for the right price, maybe worth a flyer...?

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Now, at the site I use, unlocked the $1020 is $400 and the $1520 is $480. So of course I'd buy the 1520. (The 930 is still $550). I don't know if I'd buy a 1020 brand new - kinda doubt it - but used and for the right price, maybe worth a flyer...?

I checked eBay for phones just out of curiosity. The used ones weren't selling for much less than the new sadly enough. There was also a mix of 32 and 64GB.

I don't know how slow the camera really is with the 1020. I've heard that unless you're after the large resolution it's not too bad.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I checked eBay for phones just out of curiosity. The used ones weren't selling for much less than the new sadly enough. There was also a mix of 32 and 64GB.

I don't know how slow the camera really is with the 1020. I've heard that unless you're after the large resolution it's not too bad.

Like I said, I'm just quietly fishing. At this point, for my use, Nokia makes the best cameras. The Nexus 5 can get away with on the spot snaps, but no serious photography. Therefore, I'd get a high end Lumia for my camera events. I like the 925, but need something with more punch.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Like I said, I'm just quietly fishing. At this point, for my use, Nokia makes the best cameras. The Nexus 5 can get away with on the spot snaps, but no serious photography. Therefore, I'd get a high end Lumia for my camera events. I like the 925, but need something with more punch.

Get an Ixus 265. It's what I have. Great features and has an awesome app for Android. Uses WiFi and NFC.

Canon IXUS 265 HS - PowerShot and IXUS digital compact cameras - Canon UK

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Looks like the seller for the 1020 bit at my asking price. We will see if it pulls through. Worse thing that happens is I can unlock and flip it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Looks like the seller for the 1020 bit at my asking price. We will see if it pulls through. Worse thing that happens is I can unlock and flip it.

So much for fishing. :p

Good luck! :) Would be good to get your opinion on the device.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

So today I've got a fair bit of design to do, which is good but I have to balance it out with more logistical work too. Tricky.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So today I've got a fair bit of design to do, which is good but I have to balance it out with more logistical work too. Tricky.

That's my everyday life! :p Though the 'design' part is different.

Good to hear though. :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It seems like all my WPC brethren is leaving WP. :crying:

Who's your brethren?

Many people on this thread use multiple devices as WP unfortunately doesn't suit our needs 100%. We always discuss the ins and outs of all OSs on here. The good the bad the ugly as the saying goes.

As for the other threads, I'm not surprised with people dropping WP. I personally see at least another 2 years before they become a viable alternative unless the apps start coming in really fast.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Morning folks. I wonder if getting a even a used 1020 is worth it at this point.

Try Fleabay. A friend of mine got it for $196. Unlocking the darn thing is another story. If you get one let me know, I have a brand new case sitting around that I can send you.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I love profiteroles! Sigh, good pastries are hard to come by in the USA.

In certain areas of the US it's hard to find all kinds of things but it's really no different than the UK or Canada. Funny thing is pastries are done well all across the EU though.

The cake was from Patisserie Valerie. Not sure if you know them. They're a chain here. Really nice cakes and food.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So much for fishing. :p

Good luck! :) Would be good to get your opinion on the device.

Hit a snag. Looks like someone beat me to the punch and bought it. Oh well, those are the breaks.

I've always liked everything about the 1020, except the processor. It should have been a quad core. If not, a dual core S600. Still didn't understand why Nokia rolled out the 1520 2 months after the 1020 with the newer chips. Oh I remember why: MSFT runs a siloed company so of course the OS wouldn't be ready in time...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Try Fleabay. A friend of mine got it for $196. Unlocking the darn thing is another story. If you get one let me know, I have a brand new case sitting around that I can send you.

The one I was looking to get in person was less than that. Oh well, perhaps they saved me a few dollars so I'm not mad.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

In certain areas of the US it's hard to find all kinds of things but it's really no different than the UK or Canada. Funny thing is pastries are done well all across the EU though.

The cake was from Patisserie Valerie. Not sure if you know them. They're a chain here. Really nice cakes and food.

Did not know about them. Thanks for sharing. Switching gears, I've actually had the best croissants in Kuala Lumpur followed by Denmark and then France:) And best French meal (vegetarian of course) was in Copenhagen - my boss took us there for dinner.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Did not know about them. Thanks for sharing. Switching gears, I've actually had the best croissants in Kuala Lumpur followed by Denmark and then France:) And best French meal (vegetarian of course) was in Copenhagen - my boss took us there for dinner.

Interesting. I haven't been to Kuala Lumpur so I can't comment on that one. In Denmark I don't think I had any croissants. It's always about finding the best place though isn't it?

Finding vegetarian food in France isn't always easy but in Paris it's starting to become more popular. I think we may hit one up while there in October. If it's any good I'll let you know. :) I'm pretty picky when it comes to vegetarian/vegan food.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Interesting. I haven't been to Kuala Lumpur so I can't comment on that one. In Denmark I don't think I had any croissants. It's always about finding the best place though isn't it?

Finding vegetarian food in France isn't always easy but in Paris it's starting to become more popular. I think we may hit one up while there in October. If it's any good I'll let you know. :) I'm pretty picky when it comes to vegetarian/vegan food.

Some really amazing South Indian fare in Kuala Lumpur as well. If you go let me know and I'll tell you what joints or fine establishments you can go to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb