WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Some really amazing South Indian fare in Kuala Lumpur as well. If you go let me know and I'll tell you what joints or fine establishments you can go to.

Sounds great. However, it's unlikely we'll be heading there any time soon. Our next major international destination will be India. After that not sure.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Sounds great. However, it's unlikely we'll be heading there any time soon. Our next major international destination will be India. After that not sure.

Cool. Hard to recommend stuff in India because there is just so much variety and 95+% of it is amazing pretty much in any state you go to. But you need to love bold flavors otherwise it is likely to let you down quite a bit. And moderation otherwise your tummy will revolt, helps to drink only branded bottled water as well.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Cool. Hard to recommend stuff in India because there is just so much variety and 95+% of it is amazing pretty much in any state you go to. But you need to love bold flavors otherwise it is likely to let you down quite a bit. And moderation otherwise your tummy will revolt, helps to drink only branded bottled water as well.

I love Indian food and I'm looking forward to having it in the country of origin. :) Doesn't matter what region or what level of spice I'm all for it. :)

I know all about Delhi belly, as it's referred to. In Morocco you need to drink bottled water as well.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I love Indian food and I'm looking forward to having it in the country of origin. :) Doesn't matter what region or what level of spice I'm all for it. :)

I know all about Delhi belly, as it's referred to. In Morocco you need to drink bottled water as well.

Take some probiotics with you, based on my last few trips I think that is one of the better pieces of advice I can give you. Not to mention anti malaria pills and citronella cream. They now have Citronella bands you can wear while you sleep and they work really well as well in warding off the mosquitoes.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Take some probiotics with you, based on my last few trips I think that is one of the better pieces of advice I can give you. Not to mention anti malaria pills and citronella cream. They now have Citronella bands you can wear while you sleep and they work really well as well in warding off the mosquitoes.

Thanks for the advice. I didn't think about the mosquitoes or malaria. I honestly didn't think of those things. I've taken on a Northern climate mind since I've lived in the UK. :p In Australia you're constantly on your guard about everything. :p

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the advice. I didn't think about the mosquitoes or malaria. I honestly didn't think of those things. I've taken on a Northern climate mind since I've lived in the UK. :p In Australia you're constantly on your guard about everything. :p

I don't either, since I moved away but now with a little one we have to be a bit more cautious. We take precautions even when we go to South Africa.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

That's not going to end well, HTC didn't say anything about international availability. Microsoft better make HTC release this phone in other parts of world too.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So, HTC released a WP based on an Android device which is US only on one carrier which will probably arrive 6 months later in other countries. Very useful marketing going on there. Such a wasted effort. Oh well. I guess I wait and see what Android has to offer come autumn. I can almost guarantee the Nexus 6 won't be exclusive to the US and on one carrier...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So, HTC released a WP based on an Android device which is US only on one carrier which will probably arrive 6 months later in other countries. Very useful marketing going on there. Such a wasted effort. Oh well. I guess I wait and see what Android has to offer come autumn. I can almost guarantee the Nexus 6 won't be exclusive to the US and on one carrier...

I may walk into the nearby VZW store after work to see this. Yup, MSFT doesn't have a clue because their relationship with US carriers has been less than pitiful...

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I may walk into the nearby VZW store after work to see this. Yup, MSFT doesn't have a clue because their relationship with US carriers has been less than pitiful...

This has as much chance as the L930 does in the rest of the world, in other words it will go quietly into the night.. Come November when the new iPhone and other devices are out, they'll put this out to the rest of the world and no one but WP fans will care.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Sad but true. Now this begs the question - will HTC run with a singular design going forward? What I mean is this: would they launch the Android version and the WP model at the same time or space them out over a series of s couple months?

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Nexus won't be exclusive, that's how Google works, unlike MS ;).
They said they started to listen customers but they didn't. Those on Verizon have now 3 high-end phones, Icon, Ativ SE and M8 WP. We in Europe only got L930. But things are even worse for those on AT&T or T-Mobile. Last flagship on at&t was L1520 which is too big for many people and on T-Mobile that was L925 which isn't now even high midrange. Seriously MS people are screening that they want a flagship device and all you are able to do is give a phone to one is carrier.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

That's not going to end well, HTC didn't say anything about international availability. Microsoft better make HTC release this phone in other parts of world too.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk

Do you want it? We can arrange a shipment from Los Angeles to Slovenia:)
VZW phones are all GSM unlocked...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Nexus won't be exclusive, that's how Google works, unlike MS ;).
They said they started to listen customers but they didn't. Those on Verizon have now 3 high-end phones, Icon, Ativ SE and M8 WP. We in Europe only got L930. But things are even worse for those on AT&T or T-Mobile. Last flagship on at&t was L1520 which is too big for many people and on T-Mobile that was L925 which isn't now even high midrange. Seriously MS people are screening that they want a flagship device and all you are able to do is give a phone to one is carrier.

Dude, t mobile doesn't do flagship WPs. Their line up has the 530, and 635. They're all set.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

To make a counterpoint though, the M8 on Android can be had for about $425 these days, it's not like flagships besides the iPhone can hold their own for a year or so....

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Sad but true. Now this begs the question - will HTC run dual designs going forward? What I mean is this: would they launch the Android version and the WP model at the same time or space them out over a series of s couple months?

Interesting question. Personally I'd like to see them at the same time as the hardware would then be current. Saying that however I don't see it happening. :/

So the M8 is about what, 2 months old? So by the time the carrier exclusive is over 3 months, that puts us right in November/December. Perfect timing for it to disappear in the xmas rush. It will be 6 month old technology by then and no one will want it. :p

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

This has as much chance as the L930 does in the rest of the world, in other words it will go quietly into the night.. Come November when the new iPhone and other devices are out, they'll put this out to the rest of the world and no one but WP fans will care.

Come November people will be jumping up and down for the iPhone 6 (5.5" display) and not much else. I doubt that Google Nexus 6 will get some traction, even though it has a qHD display like the G3 but has none of the processor issues the G3 has. Now only if the Nexus camera would stack up to a good Lumia then I would be set with it and my 925. Oh and I forget they need to improve the battery life, it sucks just as much as my 925.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Sad but true. Now this begs the question - will HTC run with a singular design going forward? What I mean is this: would they launch the Android version and the WP model at the same time or space them out over a series of s couple months?

Probably space them out at least in the US. Hopefully they do not do this OUS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs