WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

You know, for people outside the US (hell even in the US) this carrier exclusive nonsense with Verizon is depressing.

Do they really expect us to get excited over a phone that we can't buy? It was the same with Icon. I seriously don't get this whole thing. Honestly. MS biggest market is outside the US and they keep giving us the shaft with old tech and low end hardware.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I just read one of the M8 articles. Just to annoy me the person writing it says - "The HTC One M8 for Windows brings choice to those who like Windows Phone, but have wanted a high-end offering outside the Lumia line"

Choice for who? What choice? Doesn't exist outside Verizon land. :p

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Nexus won't be exclusive, that's how Google works, unlike MS ;).
They said they started to listen customers but they didn't. Those on Verizon have now 3 high-end phones, Icon, Ativ SE and M8 WP. We in Europe only got L930. But things are even worse for those on AT&T or T-Mobile. Last flagship on at&t was L1520 which is too big for many people and on T-Mobile that was L925 which isn't now even high midrange. Seriously MS people are screening that they want a flagship device and all you are able to do is give a phone to one is carrier.

As for AT&T, they'll get something. They haven't launched a WP in mid year as far as I can remember. All their big models come out in the fall, so they may get something then. Remember, the 1020 was the only thing launched early for them from Nokia (Aug/September). The 920, 820, 925 and 1520 were November launches.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

To make a counterpoint though, the M8 on Android can be had for about $425 these days, it's not like flagships besides the iPhone can hold their own for a year or so....

So that's for HTC to decide. Will they do dual launches and just put out a smaller number of the WP model in key markets or do a staggered release after getting out the initial Android offering first?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

What really frustrates me the most is that this phone when/if it gets released here will be released as a new phone like the L930 at a price which will make it unattractive to most people except diehards.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Come November people will be jumping up and down for the iPhone 6 (5.5" display) and not much else. I doubt that Google Nexus 6 will get some traction, even though it has a qHD display like the G3 but has none of the processor issues the G3 has. Now only if the Nexus camera would stack up to a good Lumia then I would be set with it and my 925. Oh and I forget they need to improve the battery life, it sucks just as much as my 925.

Dude, nexus has never been about a good camera. That won't happen.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So that's for HTC to decide. Will they do dual launches and just put out a smaller number of the WP model in key markets or do a staggered release after getting out the initial Android offering first?

I guess it depends if its a carrier exclusive or not and what the carrier wants to do. They seem to be in control anyway.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss