WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

As for AT&T, they'll get something. They haven't launched a WP in mid year as far as I can remember. All their big models come out in the fall, so they may get something then. Remember, the 1020 was the only thing launched early for them from Nokia (Aug/September). The 920, 820, 925 and 1520 were November launches.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

I just hope that they don't count 800 series as high-end.
But btw, I finally started receiving tapatalk notifications after reset Tapatalk yesterday. Not like that worked on my Android tablet in the first place without any problems... But it would probably be some kind of charm of WP :D :p

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I guess it depends if its a carrier exclusive or not and what the carrier wants to do. They seem to be in control anyway.

Not necessarily. They have to go this route I think to manage their scale of production. I doubt they've gotten back their A-Status as a OEM yet. It depends on who offers the best contracts...the big boys like AT&T and VZW can. T-Mo can only take a certain number and will stick to the hits like the One (Android), LG G series, Note, Galaxy S. At least, that's my guess.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

well htc one isn't going very far. it was it available to more carriers then it could have a very good chance.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Not necessarily. They have to go this route I think to manage their scale of production. I doubt they've gotten back their A-Status as a OEM yet. It depends on who offers the best contracts...the big boys like AT&T and VZW can. T-Mo can only take a certain number and will stick to the hits like the One (Android), LG G series, Note, Galaxy S. At least, that's my guess.

Agreed, TMO cannot commit to big numbers like VZW or ATT can. I think that in about a couple of years this will be a moot point, you bring your device and the carrier provides a SIM and services you require.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

wow lots of hate...... people ask for option so htc makes a phone... bam people of other OS hate because wp ruined the HTC one. >.>

I didn't see much hate unless it crops up later. The main issue you have here is carrier exclusive. That's it. I would seriously consider it at the right price. However I won't be buying it next year if that's when it makes its way here. To late by then.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I didn't see much hate unless it crops up later. The main issue you have here is carrier exclusive. That's it. I would seriously consider it at the right price. However I won't be buying it next year if that's when it makes its way here. To late by then.
I did on the verge website :/

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Hopefully by then something better will have arrived. I do think that the 830 including its pricing/carrier strategy will help MSFT make or break WP. There is enough pent up demand - low end WP folks want to upgrade but I don't think the 930 and the W8 are delivering...pretty big load for the 830 to carry, IMO.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Hopefully by then something better will have arrived. I do think that the 830 including its pricing/carrier strategy will help MSFT make or break WP. There is enough pent up demand - low end WP folks want to upgrade but I don't think the 930 and the W8 are delivering...pretty big load for the 830 to carry, IMO.

especially me who wants to upgrade my 810. that 830 better be better than my 810 ! >:)

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Just curious, What is the cost difference between a locked and unlocked phone? Is the total cost you pay over two years for a locked phone greater than buying a phone unlocked? In India, all phones are sold unlocked. I just didn't understand why people prefer locked over unlocked phones in the US.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Just curious, What is the cost difference between a locked and unlocked phone? Is the total cost you pay over two years for a locked phone greater than buying a phone unlocked? In India, all phones are sold unlocked. I just didn't understand why people prefer locked over unlocked phones in the US.
its the mentality of thinking you are paying less. here in the US the carries pay the phone upfront so we get them cheaper like around 1cent, 50$,99$ 200$ stuff like that. the bad thing is that in the long run its more expensive and the phone is locked to that carrier and you cant use it on other carriers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss